Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2017, 06:43 (Ref:3740415)   #26
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yawn...

The facts are that ST was gifted the race, and since interest in ST was already waning globally, it was never going to last. ST itself, didn't kill the race.

ARDC/Ch7 couldn't meet in the middle with AVESCO, so handballed the whole show over to a catagory that was already struggling to keep it's head above water. TOCA both here, and in the UK should be commended for putting on the show that they did on those two weekends, given the many elements working against them.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3740430)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by velly4 View Post
Way to distort the facts to suit your argument....
which fact was wrong or distorted? maybe the drivers, i can accept i took some licence there. Still Brock was at both and a number of other drivers.

But the rest are not distortions. they are truths they are constantly put on here by those that do not recognise that the Supercars Bathurst 1000 as a continuation of the traditional Bathurst 1000

2 years, just one year shorter that the abrupt ending to the super touring world cup
Old 12 Jun 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3740437)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yawn...

The facts are that ST was gifted the race, and since interest in ST was already waning globally, it was never going to last. ST itself, didn't kill the race.

ARDC/Ch7 couldn't meet in the middle with AVESCO, so handballed the whole show over to a catagory that was already struggling to keep it's head above water. TOCA both here, and in the UK should be commended for putting on the show that they did on those two weekends, given the many elements working against them.
so you are saying super touring was waning globally in 1998 but you also said in a earlier post that it continued in australia for 5 more years. Sorry im confused, you use 2002 to show it was not an abrupt failure, but then you tell us it was waning in 1998 (and considering it started in 1995) then it was probably an abrupt failure, just flogged to absolute death in australia.

Im thinking you started with a yawn because even you dont believe what you are saying
Old 12 Jun 2017, 09:37 (Ref:3740451)   #29
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because a series lasted a few years longer than the last Bathurst event doesn't mean it wasn't waning before that.
You know that. You aren't stupid.

A series can't be an abrupt failure if it lasted many seasons. If so then call F4 an abrupt failure now. Do it for Superutes because they've been delayed etc.

I'm positive you aren't stupid but you keep repeating things that would make someone believe otherwise.

You just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

This is the reason the Conrod forum died. There was a poster on there that argued stupid things until everyone left. Same thing happening here.

I'll pray for you and the forum but I don't like your posts because I feel all you are trying to achieve is an argument.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3740453)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Just because a series lasted a few years longer than the last Bathurst event doesn't mean it wasn't waning before that.
You know that. You aren't stupid.

Im agreeing with you there, But a poster made one comment as showing 2002 as evidence of strength and then come back a few posters latter and used its waning 5 years earlier as an excuse. that contradicts. All i did was point that out.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3741002)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT3 v's Supercar - The Ultimate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2244 View Post
It's a cost and time effective backup plan all the teams just need to do is buy new customer cars over manufacturers or get factory backing (which would be much easier) and it's pretty much good to go
Cost effective?

Only 1.5 million for a 2 car team, without spares?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Jun 2017, 01:34 (Ref:3741054)   #32
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
still laughing
What's so funny Pecky? Your denial that your favourite series is at a serious crossroads?

I'm not for a second saying that Aus GT is in a better position because quite frankly they are also in a spot of bother.

Sad facts for Australian Motorsport are that the 2 top series are currently in a state of decline.

I'm only pointing out that Supercars acquiring GT3 rights is not a bad insurance policy for their current predicament.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3741144)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Cost effective?

Only 1.5 million for a 2 car team, without spares?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's closer to a mil sans spares which is cheaper then two Supercars.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3741151)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
It's closer to a mil sans spares which is cheaper then two Supercars.
that might have been correct a few years back, but not anymore. Most of the cars are over half a mill now (new), with no spares. some are up to $750K,

and you stack them, well now we are talking
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3741473)   #35
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
that might have been correct a few years back, but not anymore. Most of the cars are over half a mill now (new), with no spares. some are up to $750K,

and you stack them, well now we are talking
Are you sure about the no spares Pecky? I mean I am sure you have first hand, detailed knowledge of this?

Many of the car purchases are packages that include spares and technical support from the factories in Europe. Lamborghini's recent approach with the Hurricane sales are an example of this.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3741474)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Are you sure about the no spares Pecky? I mean I am sure you have first hand, detailed knowledge of this?

Many of the car purchases are packages that include spares and technical support from the factories in Europe. Lamborghini's recent approach with the Hurricane sales are an example of this.
im happy for you to provide that price as a comparison?
Old 15 Jun 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3741477)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
im happy for you to provide that price as a comparison?
I don't have a specific price, just as you dont. What I was providing was that car manufacturers sell drivers, teams etc packages to run the cars which go well beyond just the car.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3741479)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Some rough prices here: http://gt3europe.com/cars.php

But I think it's several years out of date.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3741481)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I don't have a specific price, just as you dont. What I was providing was that car manufacturers sell drivers, teams etc packages to run the cars which go well beyond just the car.
As shown above its easy to get car pricese with google (as shown above for example). And yes they do sell those thing you mentioned even as part of a package, for extra$.

Last edited by peckstar; 15 Jun 2017 at 01:32.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 01:55 (Ref:3741484)   #40
velly4
Racer

Australia
GT3 engines are a bucket load cheaper and their service intervals are massive compared to Supercars.

I know someone who use to work at GRM and he said there were hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of parts that were designed, machined and thrown on the scrap heap because they didn't yield the performance gain they hoped.
Again something not required on customer spec machinery
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:03 (Ref:3741485)   #41
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
GT3 engines are a bucket load cheaper and their service intervals are massive compared to Supercars.

I know someone who use to work at GRM and he said there were hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of parts that were designed, machined and thrown on the scrap heap because they didn't yield the performance gain they hoped.
so what you are saying is that each brand has an effective control engine, perfect for gentleman racers, Not ideal for real motorsport though
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:28 (Ref:3741489)   #42
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:

Yep, they have a much longer service life, plus the development costs are ammortised over a larger customer base.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:51 (Ref:3741494)   #43
velly4
Racer

Australia
Quote:
so what you are saying is that each brand has an effective control engine, perfect for gentleman racers, Not ideal for real motorsport though
Not sure how you come to that conclusion? What makes an engine fit for real motorsport? As far as I'm concerned, loud, fast and reliable. Can't see what component of that GT3 spec engines don't fit the bill.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:57 (Ref:3741498)   #44
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
65% of Supercar On The Market for $100m - CONFIRMED & STALLED

Quote:
Thats not a very nice thing to say about the efforts of a number of Tenthers on here who have competed at state, national and international level in those cars. Poor form.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 02:59 (Ref:3741499)   #45
T-star
Racer

that was actually a pretty argumentative comment Peckster

You must not have watched the Nurburgring 24 hour or Bathurst 12 Hour. They were both real races.

Peace to all
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:00 (Ref:3741500)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats not a very nice thing to say about the efforts of a number of Tenthers on here who have competed at state, national and international level in those cars. Poor form.
like i said perfect for gentleman racers.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:07 (Ref:3741502)   #47
T-star
Racer

If i knew how to upload photos i'd be showing you a pic of Lowndes, JDub and Vilander with their 12 Hour trophy right now
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:09 (Ref:3741504)   #48
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
like i said perfect for gentleman racers.

Not all of them are gentlemen drivers.....
Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3741505)   #49
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
If i knew how to upload photos i'd be showing you a pic of Lowndes, JDub and Vilander with their 12 Hour trophy right now
I noticed these modest chaps have listed their occupations only as racing car drivers:

Old 15 Jun 2017, 03:14 (Ref:3741507)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
and their $750,000 ferrari plus parts.