Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1013335)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a blue car at one stage, then a red and yellow one.. then a Falcon, and a succession of Falcons...

Its funny, prodrive seem to be able to run the 550 programme all right overseas, with Mr Dor's bottomless pit of money, why cant the same be achieved with Ford/Caterpillar's similar chequebook frenzy?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jun 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1013340)   #27
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SER?
Old 23 Jun 2004, 22:08 (Ref:1013951)   #28
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic

Its funny, prodrive seem to be able to run the 550 programme all right overseas, with Mr Dor's bottomless pit of money, why cant the same be achieved with Ford/Caterpillar's similar chequebook frenzy?
This is my own personal opinion = BAD MANAGEMENT.

We could bag the blokes on the shop floor but they are only doing what they are told.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 23:10 (Ref:1014000)   #29
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK- for a second there I thought it was the dude with the sideburns.

The 550 as a package might be the goods, Prodrive runs BAR, not owns it, so the hard work was in the building of the team- poor JV.
Money talks- Yep -BS walks..still need talent.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 02:03 (Ref:1014092)   #30
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading the article about the "para troupers" it seems that Quality Control is the target,the blame indicator pointing at the assembly of the engines,and associated bolt on bits.That would make sense as they no doubt know that things are worn out but perhaps late at night after multiple all nighters the attention to detail is suffering.
I think you will find that mapping of the engines will be an area that recieves a bit of attention also.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 24 Jun 2004, 02:08 (Ref:1014093)   #31
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
young d.flint isn't too happy about us all talking about FPR now is he?
Old 24 Jun 2004, 06:31 (Ref:1014179)   #32
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

What has he said SRabbit?
Old 24 Jun 2004, 06:57 (Ref:1014193)   #33
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's all in AA - but in brief, he has said that we all smoke the good stuff to come up with all the rumours about Craig's future and the talk about the team, that the team have a laugh the first time they read something, but by the 3rd time they are starting to ask questions - amongst other things....
Old 24 Jun 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1014458)   #34
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Thanks SRabbit. The Lowndes speculation and the team direction I can understand where he is coming from, but there choice in engines is what i'm critical of, I don't think DF has much of a leg to stand on there.
Might have to grab AA for that article
Old 24 Jun 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1014486)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Reading the article about the "para troupers" it seems that Quality Control is the target,the blame indicator pointing at the assembly of the engines,and associated bolt on bits.That would make sense as they no doubt know that things are worn out but perhaps late at night after multiple all nighters the attention to detail is suffering.
I think you will find that mapping of the engines will be an area that recieves a bit of attention also.
Isnt this the same shyte the brainiacs at FPR claimed to have fixed the last time the prodrive boys came over here???

Same song, different record player I think....
Old 25 Jun 2004, 03:31 (Ref:1015503)   #36
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More like Same Circus, different Clowns!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 03:50 (Ref:1015507)   #37
Onlooker
Veteran

Well as long as all those people that had been offering advice to the team ,up untill Flint pointed out post race at EC that everything was going well and they had a podium to prove it,don't start up again.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 27 Jun 2004, 00:23 (Ref:1017066)   #38
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to today's Sunday Mail (Brisbane) FPR have not completed any test days due to the engine problems they are having.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 04:59 (Ref:1017162)   #39
Onlooker
Veteran

How about we cut the guys a bit of slack,they have openly stated on many occasions that they had no asperations to be a leading team in 2003 or 2004 and that 2005 was the year that they would be ready to battle for the championship.That said they have scaled back from running 3 cars as it was distracting the team and the driver in question absorbed a disproportionate amount of labour verses results and are just doing a heap of testing at tracks around the country to finalise the set up for the championship assault in 2005,I think they have a test session booked for next week end and will commence on Friday afternoon at about 2:30 and conclude at around the same time on Sunday(maybe a little bit earlier),The track in question has pulled out all the stops and will be setting up merchandise,fast food,autograph sessions and even some corporate box's.Such is the level of interst in the test days that most of the teams are planning to attend and will be able to judge their performance against the 2005 front runners.
Hopefully they learn plenty for 2005 as they will be one of their drivers is out of contract at the end of that year and will be looking for a reason not to ring Grech and take up a position as rear gunner in the 06 champoinship

Old 27 Jun 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1017167)   #40
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
:-)

Old 27 Jun 2004, 08:02 (Ref:1017226)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No aspirations to be a leading team...

Mr Ford Credit, Mr Castrol, Mr Caterpillar Mr Ford, please supply me with mega millions per season, so I can provide a pair of cars to a Supercar series with the permanent escape clause of zero expectations. We will do good next year but...

Old 27 Jun 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1017236)   #42
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
....will be setting up merchandise.....
I thought FPR was a merchandise company...Are they a race team too?
Old 27 Jun 2004, 09:10 (Ref:1017268)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see Darren Hossack racing the Saab at Oran Park in the Sports Sedans/Tranzams while wearing his 2003 issue FPR race suit
Old 1 Jul 2004, 03:08 (Ref:1022054)   #44
Bruteman
Rookie

Bruteman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
onlooker is right they will test soon.my favorite brute driver damien"ice"white will be given a test and they are considering a konica program next year with him driving.he would be my choice over macrow for the enduros too even though adam did a good job last year because he hasnt raced anything this year but damien is dominating the brutes this year without smashing up his car.he also has supercar experience and from what i beleive he has done plenty of laps at bathurst.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 08:22 (Ref:1022153)   #45
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bruteman, Adam Macrow has been running this year in the Victorian Improved Production Touring Car Championship and put in a strong showing at the Nationals at Phillip Island in May.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1022238)   #46
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Adam Macrow has plenty of talent. More than quite a few that are running in supercars now. He's another driver that i would like to see in a permanent gig.