Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 2011, 16:29 (Ref:2959610)   #26
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think you will find that MSV will address these matters as and when the finances and replacement marshals boxes permit. In the meantime let's not have talk of 'voting with your feet'. We have managed to get by this long so a while longer shouldn't be a problem. MSV are very pro marshals and do listen to our requests but as in every business there is a list jobs that will get done when the finances permit and not before.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2959645)   #27
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
I think you will find that MSV will address these matters as and when the finances and replacement marshals boxes permit. In the meantime let's not have talk of 'voting with your feet'. We have managed to get by this long so a while longer shouldn't be a problem. MSV are very pro marshals and do listen to our requests but as in every business there is a list jobs that will get done when the finances permit and not before.
i agree, a few marshals dont like msvr but i rate them well and i hope the majority does aswell for the most part, , the circuit's are presented well and they are given a solid future, plus they give us loads of goodies! though when the subject of circuit toilets is brought up most of them are guilty of it. i suppose this is inciting bad views against oulton this post is about oulton, this is an issue that mr palmer and co will soon sort out as efficiently and as proffesionally as always because after all its pretty open, so the odd shuffle behind a bush is pretty much nigh on impossible, places like croft however! you could take a dive in the ponds at cascades and knickerbrook but then who'd want to be on post with the resultant wet probans mixed with god only knows what
Old 22 Sep 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2959670)   #28
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's still only on the "to do" list when I visit Oulton, I'll always remember the advice from you locals is that I should use the course car - I'm sure the stains will wash out
Old 22 Sep 2011, 19:08 (Ref:2959675)   #29
Gordon Knight
Racer

England
Monton, Eccles, Manchester
Gordon Knight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The loo problem at Oulton is by no means as bad as some on here are suggesting.
Old Hall has access to a loo block on Pit Straight and for the bigger meetings a loo block on 40 acre camp site. Avenue has access to loo block on infield near FMC.
Cascades has a portaloo and access to loo block on the hill between Cascades and
Clay Hill. Island, Shell & Foulstons share a portaloo on the outside of the circuit
opposite Foulstons box...drawback is that Island & Foulstons marshals need time to cross the track. Hill Top has access to loo block in Shaws field but again marshals need time to cross the track. Knickerbrook "In" can use the loos in Shaws field. Knickerbrook "Out" have to cross the track to the spectator area. Clay Hill can use the loos on the hill between Clay Hill and Cascades. Water Tower can use same as Clay Hill but it is a longer walk, or if time permits cross the track to Druids. Druids has a portaloo. Bailey Bridge has a problem. Lodge has a portaloo but not brilliant because it is also used by speccies.
Deer Leap outside can use the loos on the Pit Straight and Deer Leap infield can use the loos in the pit lane.

But I've no doubt that the above is not good enough for some on here who seem to be looking for "en suite facilities"

Can I ask that the mods now close this thread as this issue and several others concerning marshal's welfare are being discussed with Oulton Park's management
by our BMMC rep for Oulton Park circuit Ray Sumner. Too much adverse comment on here may not be helpful.
Old 22 Sep 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2959759)   #30
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a worryingly detailed knowledge of them all, Gordon! I guess I'll be approaching that age myself soon enough!

I think all the ground's been covered now, happy to close it as requested before someone spots Mr Brand managed to use the phrases 'The bottom line' and 'we'll just get on with the job' in the same post without anyone making any rude comments. Well done, I'm very disappointed in you all!