Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jun 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3739499)   #1376
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
And to be frank... I hope it works out for them. I hope other manufacturers jump on this bandwagon as well and force the ACO's hand on the shortcomings of both LMP3 AND LMP2.
I think like you, I hope these alternative series have a nice development, I do not like the position practically Spec that the ACO take with LMP2 and LMP3.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3739518)   #1377
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I think like you, I hope these alternative series have a nice development, I do not like the position practically Spec that the ACO take with LMP2 and LMP3.
LMP3 doesn't bug me as much as LMP2 does, but I still think both P2 and P3 should be more open at LEAST on the chassis side. But if the ACO got LMP1 privateer sorted effectively I'd have no issue with the spec engine in LMP2.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3739520)   #1378
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Says who? There is no hierarchy.
Really? All those times you've tried to cast CN as nothing more than a club class and LMP3 as a big deal and you're going to try to push that viewpoint?

Look, I'm not gonna get into the LMP3 vs CN debate again. We've had it enough times and literally everyone is sick of it. While it is true that there is no official hierarchy, the point of LMP3 was pretty clear when announced, and between that and the pace-swapping matter, there is literally NO "in between" the two classes. There is only "about the same."

That's all I'm gonna say about that issue here. We do NOT need to drag out that matter again.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 19:40 (Ref:3739534)   #1379
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Where is the skating on thin ice smilie?
Old 8 Jun 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3739538)   #1380
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Thing looks like it should be running Pikes Peak.
This thing has been the fastest car at the 25 hours a few years in a row now, would be nice to see it stay out of trouble and see if the reliability is up to the challenge..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jun 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3739541)   #1381
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
This thing has been the fastest car at the 25 hours a few years in a row now,
I know. Thunderhill's a great place to see some crazy machinery.

Quote:
would be nice to see it stay out of trouble and see if the reliability is up to the challenge..
Seconded. The downside to all the crazy-awesome machinery is that most of them lack in reliability.
Old 9 Jun 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3739653)   #1382
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Henri Pescarolo isn't involved in the project that has been mentioned here. It's Sora Composites that bought controlling interest in Pescarolo Sport in 2009. Of course, Henri also in his comments vented sour grapes about being beaten at LM by factory teams that had upteen many times more resources than his privateer team had.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3740013)   #1383
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
New Pescarolo LM-04 for V de V, Sprint Serie, 24H Proto Creventic and a new Pescarolo Cup.
https://fr.motorsport.com/endurance/...urance-915022/
Nice looking car.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3740017)   #1384
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should open the LMP3 chassis market.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3741194)   #1385
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Ligier JSP4 for VdeV Endurance Series, 24H Proto Series, GT & Prototype Challenge, Sprint Serie, FARA, 25 Heures de Thunderhill, 12H d’Abu Dhabi, Club & National Series.
This car goes in the line of Pescarolo LM-04 and Ginetta G57.
The engine will be Ford V6 3.7 and 420 Hp.
The weight will be 890 kg.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/onr...-ligier-js-p4/
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...ak-automotive/
Old 14 Jun 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3741236)   #1386
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
New Ligier JSP4 for VdeV Endurance Series, 24H Proto Series, GT & Prototype Challenge, Sprint Serie, FARA, 25 Heures de Thunderhill, 12H d’Abu Dhabi, Club & National Series.
This car goes in the line of Pescarolo LM-04 and Ginetta G57.
The engine will be Ford V6 3.7 and 420 Hp.
The weight will be 890 kg.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/onr...-ligier-js-p4/
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...ak-automotive/
More of the Ligier in Dsc

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-unveiled.html
Old 14 Jun 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3741335)   #1387
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Better driver safety but what other reason for this car instead of a powerful CN car?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3741352)   #1388
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Better driver safety but what other reason for this car instead of a powerful CN car?
What other reason? Simple: Onroak's already builds CN cars. (they, in fact, build the ONLY active closed-cockpit CN car)

That said, I would classify this as "powerful CN car" myself - The design looks like it would be CN legal were it not for the rear wing(which for all we know could be very different in the final design), and the engine is only .7 liter over maximum capacity for a CN car.

I would be surprised if this wasn't designed for a CN version to be easily built should they determine it's worth replacing their current car, but with the growing prevalence of "catch-all" classes in Europe I'm not surprised an active CN manufacturer would design something for such racing.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3742193)   #1389
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/aco-to-...eague-in-2018/

LMP3 world league announced.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3742205)   #1390
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I love how whenever there is an inexpensive formula succeeding, the organizers try to find a way to increase costs!
Old 16 Jun 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3742289)   #1391
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"World league", whatever, but in practice is just a final event at the end of year. One extra race, which might not even be mandatory for the invited ones.

Exactly what Lamborghini Super Trofeo does and couple of other Ferrari series too.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3744940)   #1392
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Yeah, I don't see the problem.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3760790)   #1393
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This may have fitted in the ELMS thread, but I think it's more important in the context of LMP3.

Duqueine Engineering to run 2 Normas in ELMS

Duqueine Engineering has completed the transition from the Ligier JSP3 to the Norma M30 at the 4 Hours of Le Castellet. The swap to the Norma brings the total number up to 4 in the European Le Mans Series, against 13 Ligiers.

The French squad started off the year with 2 Ligiers at Silverstone before introducing a Norma for the #7 car for the last round at the Red Bull Ring. The Norma qualified on pole at the Red Bull Ring, and finished ahead of the Ligier, setting a fastest lap over a second faster than the JSP3 in the process.

The Norma M30 has become the surprise of the ELMS LMP3 season. Although the Ligier JSP3 has been the dominant LMP3 car around the world, winning races in every series it has entered, the Norma M30s of M.Racing YMR and Oregon Racing raised some eyebrows in the first half of the European season. The car took its first pole position at the Red Bull Ring in the hands of Duqueine and out performed the teams Ligier in the process.

The Norma performance is good news for those worried that the LMP3 class was set to become a single manufacturer class by default. The Ginetta LMP3, which saw success in 2015, is no longer present in ELMS, and the Adess-03 has only seen one European ACO race at the Road to Le Mans round. The slow but steady adoption of the Norma brings some welcomed competition to the LMP3 ranks.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3760839)   #1394
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely the car to have (and should be with 2 years extra development).
Old 22 Aug 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3760892)   #1395
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Norma also has a significant top speed advantage over the Ligier.
Old 24 Aug 2017, 00:11 (Ref:3761290)   #1396
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
The Norma also has a significant top speed advantage over the Ligier.
How about the others?
Old 24 Aug 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3761429)   #1397
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMSA PC goes to Endurance style format instead of the pure Sprint format they have been running in the IMSA Lites > IMSA Prototype Challenge Presented by Mazda.

https://www.imsa.com/news/082017/201...rmat-six-event

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3761456)   #1398
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
IMSA PC goes to Endurance style format instead of the pure Sprint format they have been running in the IMSA Lites > IMSA Prototype Challenge Presented by Mazda.

https://www.imsa.com/news/082017/201...rmat-six-event

L.P.
I wonder if that was the popular request of the teams who can now put 2 drivers in each car. It'll be neat to see them at Daytona.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3761515)   #1399
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I wonder if that was the popular request of the teams who can now put 2 drivers in each car. It'll be neat to see them at Daytona.
I can't imagine that "popular request" would have banned gold/platinum drivers, though.

The old lites cars at Daytona seems kinda sketchy to me too.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3761516)   #1400
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
I can't imagine that "popular request" would have banned gold/platinum drivers, though.

The old lites cars at Daytona seems kinda sketchy to me too.
How many gold or platinum drivers are running in the series now though? I'm thinking it's a hard zero. Wouldn't surprise me if there was concern from teams with the new format that some thought there's at least one team who would hire gold/platinum driver coaches in the second seat.