Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Feb 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3803464)   #2701
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Where are we on his perpetual cycle of running a motorsport company and being in prison? is he still at Corbeau?
according to companies house yes, along with ex porsche racer andy britnell
Old 23 Feb 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3803465)   #2702
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
It isn't Handy any longer - it's now HMS Racing
HMS Racing which, of course, stands for Handy Motorsport Racing. Just like BMR Racing in Buntingford Motor Racing Racing.

Quote:
Where are we on his perpetual cycle of running a motorsport company and being in prison? is he still at Corbeau?
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3803491)   #2703
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It isn't Handy any longer - it's now HMS Racing
'said team principal Simon Belcher. “HMS actually stands for Handy Motor Sport'

http://www.btcc.net/2017/10/26/handy...to-hms-racing/
Old 23 Feb 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3803492)   #2704
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Managed to get a read of the autosport article on Honda, Jackson, Cammish and Motorbase, nothing new in it outside of the honda and motorbase press releases, glad I didn't pay to subscribe to the site for that!

Last edited by btccbloke; 23 Feb 2018 at 22:08.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 23:23 (Ref:3803504)   #2705
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the cars look good and the racing is compelling, does it matter how professional sounding the name above the garage shutter is?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3803554)   #2706
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I know it's me being old-fashioned and petty, and I have all the time in the world for all the businesses getting involved, but things just ain't what the were. Bring back Trackstar, RouseSport and VLM
This would be the RouseSport that ran as Kaliber ICS Team Toyota?
Or the VLM that ran as "M Team Shell Racing with Listerine"?
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3803559)   #2707
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
This would be the RouseSport that ran as Kaliber ICS Team Toyota?
Or the VLM that ran as "M Team Shell Racing with Listerine"?
That would be the very same teams - but who remembers the official names!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3803560)   #2708
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It does. I hate teams having 'with' in their name too.

I know it's me being old-fashioned and petty, and I have all the time in the world for all the businesses getting involved, but things just ain't what the were.
'RKR with Silkolene at Halfords' - 1993
'M Team Shell Racing with Listerine' - 1992
'BMW Finance Racing with Mobil 1' - 1988
'VMW Motors - Team Esso Uniflo' - 1974

and the best of all time surely -

'CSH Racing with Esso and the Daily Mirror' - 1981
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3803564)   #2709
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Best was "Team MG KX Tesco Clubcard Fuel Saver Racing Team" (I hope I got that right, 2014)
Which was effectively "Team MG Tesco Tesco Tesco"
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3803565)   #2710
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Quote:

Don't let facts get in the way of my misty-eyed recollection of history, crmalcolm
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:48 (Ref:3803567)   #2711
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
'said team principal Simon Belcher. “HMS actually stands for Handy Motor Sport'

http://www.btcc.net/2017/10/26/handy...to-hms-racing/
Yeah - I meant in terms of their branding they are now referring to themselves as HMS as opposed to using the Handy name, same way that BMR never uses its full name
Old 24 Feb 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3803570)   #2712
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Considering they have been out testing, have new cars, drivers and sponsors to get out there, they have a new driver mystery to keep fans wanting more, and should be on their way to Spain about now, hasnt the @motorbase twitter been very quiet this week compared to normal?

Wonder if this storm is still circling, with Jackson apparently not being interested in the last remaining AMD drive, this radio silence from the motorbase account tells me this isnt over.

My guess is that there has been a legal challenge from camp Jackson, he wont get the drive but if theres been a falling out to this extent that hes not on the grid, im sure he will want to make things as difficult as possible for old pal Bartrum
Old 24 Feb 2018, 10:25 (Ref:3803571)   #2713
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duo confirmed in F1 Force India sponsorship

https://twitter.com/DuoMotorsport/st...32647247732737

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 24 Feb 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3803574)   #2714
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Considering they have been out testing, have new cars, drivers and sponsors to get out there, they have a new driver mystery to keep fans wanting more, and should be on their way to Spain about now, hasnt the @motorbase twitter been very quiet this week compared to normal?

Wonder if this storm is still circling, with Jackson apparently not being interested in the last remaining AMD drive, this radio silence from the motorbase account tells me this isnt over.

My guess is that there has been a legal challenge from camp Jackson, he wont get the drive but if theres been a falling out to this extent that hes not on the grid, im sure he will want to make things as difficult as possible for old pal Bartrum
The person who looks after the Motorbase twitter feed is away on holiday - nothing more than that
Old 24 Feb 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3803578)   #2715
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The person who looks after the Motorbase twitter feed is away on holiday - nothing more than that
But that's such a boring reason for most of the people on here 😂😂 conspiracy and nonsense is so much better
Old 24 Feb 2018, 11:15 (Ref:3803583)   #2716
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
And nobody else can send a tweet... Olly Collins certainly can... Where's the fun in your explanation

Tho it wouldnt surprise me if this has been taken as a legal challenge, im sure we have had similar in F1 over the years. You dont have a contract to drive, get told i dont want you in the team and just say "ok" ... do you??

Last edited by btccbloke; 24 Feb 2018 at 11:24.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3803585)   #2717
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe motorbase didn't want to tweet to the world that they were shaking the cars down, not everything has to be broadcast to the world and it saves them having to read endless tweets about 3rd drivers and why did you sack Mat. Plus if they were going to running the new driver they would be doing it Spain where there's no prying eyes

Last edited by Pdh; 24 Feb 2018 at 11:36.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3803587)   #2718
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Don't let facts get in the way of my misty-eyed recollection of history, crmalcolm
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3803598)   #2719
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Maybe motorbase didn't want to tweet to the world that they were shaking the cars down, not everything has to be broadcast to the world and it saves them having to read endless tweets about 3rd drivers and why did you sack Mat. Plus if they were going to running the new driver they would be doing it Spain where there's no prying eyes

Team boss Olly did on his personal twitter, im sure your right i just do wonder if theres something else there.

In other news TOC hasnt said anything on twitter since liking a number of "theres a seat spare at motorbase now Tom" tweets last week

2+2=5 i know but its all good silly season entertainment
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3803600)   #2720
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope Motorbase find a driver soon, they can't wait forever, there's a seat that needs filling
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3803605)   #2721
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope Motorbase find a driver soon, they can't wait forever, there's a seat that needs filling
i sent my cv and some dashcam footage.... didnt hear anything back
Old 24 Feb 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3803623)   #2722
Pdh
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure they have and maybe they will announce something after their testing in Spain, you have to remember they don't have to make anything public until media day
Old 24 Feb 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3803644)   #2723
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly; they can announce whatever it is they want to announce whenever suits them. Subject to it being no later than media day. I'm told they signed someone before parting with Jackson; I am not party to who it is though!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3803650)   #2724
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I'm sure they have and maybe they will announce something after their testing in Spain, you have to remember they don't have to make anything public until media day
Technically they don't have to decide by Media Day. They have until first Free Practice at Brands Hatch.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3803651)   #2725
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Not a fan of the new aero on the Hard vw cc looks a mess surely aero should be all about smooth lines and not jagged lines like on them side skirts?