Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2018, 06:27 (Ref:3793259)   #1076
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
While I don't disagree that Bruno's talent was very much underrated, there's a very small chance that a rookie would have beaten someone of Jenson's experience and skill to the 2009 title.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3793274)   #1077
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he got some good chances in F1. He was at Renault for a half a season in 2011 and only had a best of 9th. The following year Kimi won a race and finished 3rd in points. Meanwhile Senna moved to Williams and got to watch Maldonado win a race with his best finish of the year a 6th.

Who knows he could have shown some of the Ayrton talent if he'd started his F1 career in the fastest team alongside Button. I don't think he would have beaten Button, but you never know.

Hamilton and Villenueve started their careers in the top team and both came close to the title. Once not in the top team, Villenueve then struggled a bit. Perhaps Bruno would have been similar.

He never won for Mahindra though, and look at what Rosenqvist is doing in that car now.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3793299)   #1078
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would have been interesting with Bruno in the Brawn GP, assuming he got enough testing in beforehand. I don't think he would have been eaten alive by Button, but he probably would have got better as the season went on, might have snuck a win or two in. He might have stayed with Merc, thus preventing Schumi's comeback
Old 17 Jan 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3793344)   #1079
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Sorry, off topic post...

I know his time in F1 did not reflect what I'm about to say, but... Bruno Senna has a natural talent and is a very gifted driver. He has a natural ability, and some even say almost a similar natural ability when behind the wheel to Hamilton.

His motorsport career started very late when the Senna family had banned motorsport early on for Bruno after his uncle's and Father's deaths just two years apart. But he made it to F1 from F3 in just 5 years, having started in F3 for 2005, and with hardly any serious motor racing background before 2004.

What he did at the 2006 Australian GP when in F3 was pretty awesome to watch first hand. That weekend, the paddock took notice of Senna.

In early 2009, the rumours were Ross Brawn apparently had offered Senna a full time drive for 2009 alongside Button. The deal however was that Rubens Barrichello had to step aside as Barrichello already had a contract for 2009 with Brawn GP. Ross Brawn wanted Senna in the seat. Barrichello selfishly did not give up his seat for Senna. And you cannot blame him as most racing drivers are that way inclined. So Senna missed out on his F1 debut in 2009 with what turned out to be the championship winning team. I would have bet everything that I had on Senna beating Button to the WDC title. Can you imagine what Bruno Senna's F1 career would have turned out to be had Barrichello stepped aside for his fellow country man, and his good friends nephew in 2009? And if Senna had won the WDC on debut?

And what a whining, ungrateful sod did Barrichello turn out to be in 2009 with his outbursts towards the Brawn GP team?
“The cheque is in the post. Luv’n’hugz, Bruno.”
Old 17 Jan 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3793378)   #1080
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How so very rude of Ruben's not to give up a drive he had a contract for
Old 21 Jan 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3794119)   #1081
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“Sirotkin failed to sign a contract with Sauber for 2015 – the Swiss team completely changed its structure and selected drivers with good financing.”

love this quote from Sirotkin’s wiki page. really sad how he was a victim of paydrivers before, good on him for getting his chance on merrit this time, proving thats its not all about the money
Old 21 Jan 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3794122)   #1082
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And now Williams are saying they would love to have him for a few seasons, so it shows they have some faith in him. He could be the surprise of the season
Old 21 Jan 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3794152)   #1083
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alternatively,Kubica could blow him into the weeds in a few sessions and he would be nudged toward the door.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3794247)   #1084
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Williams contract is with SMP so presumably even if Sirotkin is not what they hope, Williams will be the place for other Russian drivers.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3794330)   #1085
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With talk of Sirotkin on a multi year deal and Paddy Lowe saying that is Kubica is an option for a future race seat, I wonder if it's Stroll Williams are trying to put under pressure.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3794414)   #1086
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or they are trying to appease everyone.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 23:37 (Ref:3794417)   #1087
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 01:49 (Ref:3794443)   #1088
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That was my thought as well.

Richard
Old 24 Jan 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3794670)   #1089
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And now Williams are saying they would love to have him for a few seasons, so it shows they have some faith in him. He could be the surprise of the season
I guess they're hardly going no to say otherwise. I'd love to see an honest press release. The reality is Williams would prefer someone proven. However I'm reserving judgement on Sirotkin until the season starts. I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat Stroll from early in though. Strolls really not good enough just yet.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3794671)   #1090
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
With talk of Sirotkin on a multi year deal and Paddy Lowe saying that is Kubica is an option for a future race seat, I wonder if it's Stroll Williams are trying to put under pressure.
Strilliams
Old 24 Jan 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3794672)   #1091
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Also rhymes with billions sort of.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3803573)   #1092
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Williams have signed Olly Rowland as their 'young driver'
He'll get tracktime in the opening tests next week.
Going to be busy lad this year.

Be interesting to see how he compares to the 2 race drivers....
Old 24 Feb 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3803590)   #1093
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Williams have signed Olly Rowland as their 'young driver'
Who happens to be the older than the two Williams race drivers!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3803603)   #1094
S griffin
Veteran

I think that's quite a good move, Rowland is a talented youngish driver, who could help development
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3803609)   #1095
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think that's quite a good move, Rowland is a talented youngish driver, who could help development
Clearly he wont get much car time other than perhaps the rookie test, as Kubica is signed up for Friday practice and testing.....
Old 25 Feb 2018, 21:03 (Ref:3803890)   #1096
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I have to say I don't think Kubica will ever come on top of the driver jumble at Williams unless he's subbing for injury.

There's just too many fancied cubs surging to the surface and Kubica is not getting any younger.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3804006)   #1097
S griffin
Veteran

The only thing that could help him is if he gets that Ginetta drive, as they will keep him race fit
Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3804200)   #1098
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Goodbye to Martini Williams Racing...

Claire Williams: "While we would both like to do so, the Bacardi Group have told us that they will step away entirely from Formula 1 when our contract expires at the end of this year.
"They have many brands to support and obviously their strategic priorities evolve over time."

Off to Formula E?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3804202)   #1099
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Paddock rumours say they are going to Sauber...
Old 27 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3804210)   #1100
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Paddock rumours say they are going to Sauber...
Which paddock?

Martini are leaving F1. As in.. Formula 1 all together.