Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2217811)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and that particular tunnel under the start line always had a faint wiff of sewage before, imagine how it is going to smell in a week or so.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 17:27 (Ref:2217976)   #77
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Daddy nice!

I don't want it toooo hot though!?!?!?!?! I'll look like a lobster!
Old 2 Jun 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2218029)   #78
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
a quick note about the awful weather we had for the test session:
the campsites were real lakes, way way worse than 2007
at some point, you couldn't even see the road of the old Maison Blanche part
on Sunday, I went to Arnage corner, and had problems to park properly, while some had their cars stuck in the mud

I never thought I could see such things in june, and I realy hope it can dry enough before everyone arrives in a week
Old 2 Jun 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2218115)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, that's a worry Bernard, if it's still very muddy when the first fans arrive early next week, it could be a struggle throughout race week/weekend. We need some pretty intense sunshine!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 05:03 (Ref:2218322)   #80
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
pictures of last week end thunderstorm
Old 3 Jun 2008, 06:35 (Ref:2218341)   #81
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This morning metcheck looks fantastic for last part of the race week - and mostly dry until then. Lets stick to that - we want solid ground on Beasejour - and all other campsites!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:37 (Ref:2218381)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the news I want to hear - keep repeating it Number 7!!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2218399)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am glad we are camping on high ground at tertre rouge, but slightly softer ground helps with getting the tent pegs in and keeping the dust down.

Next week IT WILL BE DRY AND BRIGHT!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2218423)   #84
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
Next week IT WILL BE DRY AND BRIGHT!
HEAR! HEAR!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2218442)   #85
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Like most of you, I've been following the weather thread and have also been following the Accuweather forecast.

Has anyone else noticed how the forecast changes daily? They can't all be accurate! Perhaps the forecasters have a set of cards depicting various weather scenarios and deal them out each morning. "What have you got today Le Mans? Oh, rain again - never mind, perhaps you'll get hot sunshine tomorrow...."

As my wife tells me repeatedly, there's no point in worrying about the weather, it'll be whatever it's going to be and you can't change it.

I've attended a few wet LMs, but I've never been at a cold LM, so, pack for warm weather and take a lightweight waterproof

Last edited by Le Vieux; 3 Jun 2008 at 09:05.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2218461)   #86
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the link to Pascal's preferred weather site. From memory, it's been the most accurate over the last couple of years, and it's definitely looking good for race week at the moment!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2218475)   #87
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the best way of ensuring a dry LM is for us all to over-prepare for rain, sod's law being what it is?!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2218503)   #88
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The old "Take an umbrella" ploy?
Excellent. Kato!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2218580)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I guess that has a lot going for it!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2218610)   #90
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
You can guarantee that if you fill the car up with wellies, waterproofs, umbrellas several changes of clothing and leave all the hot weather gear behind, it will be the hotest year on record and we will all get sunburnt.

I intend to take warm weather gear only because it will

BE WARM AND DRY

Have faith.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2218643)   #91
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warm weather clothes and a bigggg baggy jumper!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2218856)   #92
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh nooo, I've lost the predictions contest. It won't r**n.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2219071)   #93
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If that's the case Pascal, it will surely be worth it?!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2219884)   #94
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick update, the weather according to Metcheck's latest European forecast is good!
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...ocationID=1758
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:21 (Ref:2220508)   #95
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Accuweather is very optimistic reagarding raceweekend - sunny and hot.
However these prognosis change all the time and it seem that it is still raining in Le Mans.

Can anyone tell how conditions realy are at the race track and on the campsites?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2220524)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well all I can say is that it's been lovely here in the South of England forthe last two days. A weekend of this would do me just fine.....
Old 5 Jun 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2220525)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
surely no one is at the campsites yet, its only thursday.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2220549)   #98
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6
surely no one is at the campsites yet, its only thursday.
Maybe someone is living close by ...
Old 5 Jun 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2220601)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Have we actually got any Le Mans (or nearby) residents as members here?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2220653)   #100
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
of course, Batmobile is your man here