Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3770373)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petit Le Mans

....……........ • Motul Petit Le Mans •
......…………..... Oct. 4th – Oct. 7th

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
IMSA Radio
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
RLS video Stream
Satellite
Weather
World Times

Qualifying: Friday October 6th, 4:20pm/16:20 local EDST ( GMT -4 )

L.P.

Last edited by joeb; 5 Oct 2017 at 21:08.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3770374)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GTLM and GTD BoP ...

GTLM Ferrari gets weight ....

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...nd_gtd_bop.pdf

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3770375)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Penske to enter Petit with an Oreca 07, drivers will be Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud.

http://www.teampenske.com/news/index..._Petit_Le_Mans

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3770376)   #4
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Rebellion drivers for Petit will be Gustavo Menezes, Nick Heidfeld and Mathias Beche.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-at-petit.html

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3770378)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Penske to enter Petit with an Oreca 07, drivers will be Juan Pablo Montoya, Helio Castroneves and Simon Pagenaud.

L.P.
Good news!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3770568)   #6
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The teams know that with the closely matched cars and full course yellows that everybody will still be on the lead lap as the race heads into darkness unless they run into contact or mechanical problems. Even penalties and spins you can recover from now if you are fast enough. Just like the #24 BMW M6 at Laguna Seca.

I expect the daylight portion to have a couple yellows but not that many as teams will race hard but smart. Even if you go 3 hours of green flag straight the cars are evenly matched enough so that unless you hit a problem you probably won't go more than 1 lap down, which is enough to get that wave around to get back on the lead lap during the yellow.

I'm kind of telling you what I predict will happen at the Petit Le Mans, but also in a ways still griping about the full course yellow wave around procedure which is fine during the non-NAEC races. But for the endurance races I think IMSA needs to take a hard look at it. I hope that the nature of the endurance race can be protected a bit more.

With that said the Petit Le Mans always produces at least 1 winning team that has not won a race all year. I could see several possible contenders for that such as the #92 Porsche of Bruni/Vanthor/Bamber also the #62 Risi Ferari. In prototype I think the guest entries of Rebellion and Penske will for sure contend with the Caddys. I really like the Land Audi's chances in GTD a lot. They are my pick in GTD for sure. Also note that the Mercedes got a slight air restrictor break that could allow the #33 to contend now.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3770592)   #7
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.
Wow. That is a formidabble lineup. Simon Pagenaud? JPM? Pagenaud will put it on pole that's for sure.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3770593)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The teams know that with the closely matched cars and full course yellows that everybody will still be on the lead lap as the race heads into darkness unless they run into contact or mechanical problems. Even penalties and spins you can recover from now if you are fast enough. Just like the #24 BMW M6 at Laguna Seca.

I expect the daylight portion to have a couple yellows but not that many as teams will race hard but smart. Even if you go 3 hours of green flag straight the cars are evenly matched enough so that unless you hit a problem you probably won't go more than 1 lap down, which is enough to get that wave around to get back on the lead lap during the yellow.

I'm kind of telling you what I predict will happen at the Petit Le Mans, but also in a ways still griping about the full course yellow wave around procedure which is fine during the non-NAEC races. But for the endurance races I think IMSA needs to take a hard look at it. I hope that the nature of the endurance race can be protected a bit more.

With that said the Petit Le Mans always produces at least 1 winning team that has not won a race all year. I could see several possible contenders for that such as the #92 Porsche of Bruni/Vanthor/Bamber also the #62 Risi Ferari. In prototype I think the guest entries of Rebellion and Penske will for sure contend with the Caddys. I really like the Land Audi's chances in GTD a lot. They are my pick in GTD for sure. Also note that the Mercedes got a slight air restrictor break that could allow the #33 to contend now.
If you go a lap down to your class leader, you do not get that back from the wave around. The wave around is in reference to the overall leader only. There is no "lucky dog" in IMSA. These rules were put in place to keep from ruining the races in lower classes and must be kept in place.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3770595)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Wow. That is a formidabble lineup. Simon Pagenaud? JPM? Pagenaud will put it on pole that's for sure.
Crazy that Helio is easily a weak link on the team, eh? And that's a bloody strong weak link!
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3770597)   #10
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Crazy that Helio is easily a weak link on the team, eh? And that's a bloody strong weak link!
Surely the one with less experience in a prototype, montoya drove riley dp2 and 3 under ganassi racing in recent past and pagenaud is a former peugeot work driver and drove corvette dp a few times. If memory helps, castroneves was the driver who crashed the testing oreca last week
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3770598)   #11
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Surely the one with less experience in a prototype, montoya drove riley dp2 and 3 under ganassi racing in recent past and pagenaud is a former peugeot work driver and drove corvette dp a few times. If memory helps, castroneves was the driver who crashed the testing oreca last week
Helio won Petit in the #5 Porsche RS Spyder in 2008.

Pags got recognized by Peugeot as a factory Acura/HPD driver in ALMS.

Chris
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3770716)   #12
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Pagenaud in an LMP? What better opportunity to repost these two brilliant examples of what he can do.

Petit has never let me down for as long as I've been watching, but this year looks like a cracker.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3770720)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Pagenaud in an LMP? What better opportunity to repost these two brilliant examples of what he can do.

Petit has never let me down for as long as I've been watching, but this year looks like a cracker.
That was an amazing drive through the field! It was really cool to hear and see all those old gt2 cars, the Ford's, the Jags, and Ferrari's.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3770767)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Penske will run #6 on their Oreca 07 entry.

L.P.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3771032)   #15
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Penske will run #6 on their Oreca 07 entry.

L.P.
I'm interested to see what their livery looks like. Penske Trucks?
Old 1 Oct 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3771063)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I'm interested to see what their livery looks like. Penske Trucks?
We already have a yellow Oreca on the grid, hopefully it will be something else
Old 1 Oct 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3771068)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I vote matte black like testing with the minimum IMSA required. But it's penske and he never pays when he can find someone else to for him
Old 1 Oct 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3771076)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I vote matte black like testing with the minimum IMSA required. But it's penske and he never pays when he can find someone else to for him

Penske Yellow w/ 2 tone blue racing stripes, a Penske (-Logistics) sticker, and it becomes a business write off.

L.P.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3771290)   #19
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shell V-Power like the Supercars livery would be way too cool.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 17:03 (Ref:3771328)   #20
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Jeff Gordon will be a guest commentator for Fox Sport's PLM coverage.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3771357)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Penske will likely be in the Shell is my thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing the plan red and white "Penske racing" colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Jeff Gordon will be a guest commentator for Fox Sport's PLM coverage.
I'm sure he'll provide the great insight he brings to the "other series" coverage...
Old 4 Oct 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3771755)   #22
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It's a couple of days out, but there's rain forecast for the evening on Saturday.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3771759)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It's a couple of days out, but there's rain forecast for the evening on Saturday.
30% and it's Wednesday; these things tend to change to being further out, unless it comes earlier or doesn't come at all. These things change is what I'm telling myself!! Hoping for none or very little after about 4 straight weeks of no rain......
Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3771775)   #24
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like the repairs at Turn 3 are not worn in yet. Lots of sliding and spinning for both GT3 cups and Lites cars, 2 Lites into the wall with heavy damage so far.

And the LMP3s sound great, MUCH better than the old Mazdas.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3771779)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like the repairs at Turn 3 are not worn in yet. Lots of sliding and spinning for both GT3 cups and Lites cars, 2 Lites into the wall with heavy damage so far.

And the LMP3s sound great, MUCH better than the old Mazdas.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they are cool and so is T3 when it's slick. Hate to hear of attrition already, however.