Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 15 Oct 2003, 19:07 (Ref:752578)   #1
Castroneves
Rookie

Castroneves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Moore

The recent crash involving Kenny Brack at Texas brought back to me memories of Greg Moore's fatal crash at Fontana '99. The way the car broke down into just the cockpit was enough to bring back those bad memories that haunted the end of the CART 1999 year. The circumstances around Moore's death were probably the most unusual and tragic since we lost Senna at San Marino. Of course he had signed to join Team Penskie alongside Gil de Ferran for 2000 and was heading towards in my view becoming a CART champion, this was tragic because it seemed that everything was going right for him in his career. That weekend also saw him break his hand in an accident in the Fontana parking lot when he was knocked off his scooter by a reversing car, I still infact wonder why he ever raced in the first place...
Moore was a great racing driver and will always be missed in my view
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:34 (Ref:753070)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum Castroneves. A sad story indeed.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:55 (Ref:753096)   #3
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, Castroneves. Greg Moore was one of the great up-and-coming young drivers of the late 90's, and would almost certainly have got to the very top. He is indeed missed.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 00:49 (Ref:779365)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg, so sadly missed....!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 00:57 (Ref:780491)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not just a great driver, but a true sportsman too. Much missed.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 06:33 (Ref:840004)   #6
ysofast
Racer

ysofast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not watched an oval race after Greg died. Too many of my heroes die in cars. For me to support that type of racing would be wrong. Too much risk.