Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 Aug 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1054260)   #1
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moose Memorial Races

Ian Smith takes a lot of credit for this event, he has succeeded to create a prestigious award in memory of a friend who had such enthusiasm for kent racing.He would have loved the racing on saturday, real festival feel.

Inaugural winner Stuart Gough and this years winner Steve Robertson are two of the best drivers to come out of FF kent for quite a while, and their names on the trophy make it worth winning in the future, Hodgen , Marshall and Chisnall must start as next years favourites.

Mike Mullins must take some of the credit for the brave format used this year, it worked very well giving older cars the chance of mixing it with the newer cars,plenty of e mails went into persuading the BRSCC into this format, selflessly considering his stance on mixing races in the NWFF.

The qual race also gave a popular first win to Paul Gerard,so that worked well too.

So a big thanks to Diz,Mike, BRSCC the entertaining Mr Sproston and the two full grids that made it all possible.

cant wait for 05!

Last edited by dhart; 2 Aug 2004 at 17:36.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1054274)   #2
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Hodgen and Marshall should be the favorites as well Dave Chisnall I think needs a class B or A car as he has a lot of speed and skill he could win it if he does.
It would be good to see these types of races more often than once a year I would have liked to see Pod do it as well.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1054463)   #3
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a fantastic day and a great one to make a comeback at. Thanks to all those concerned in organising it. How many times can you say you got 3 races in one day.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1054786)   #4
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Dave, nice comments.

Can I add that the original suggestion came from an exchange of comments on 10/10ths from you, Jason Minshaw and myself. Diz took up quickly and Tom Dooley (just out of hospital and going on holiday - that day I think) sorted immediately. I think BRSCC HQ agreed straight away.

I think it was a great day and should become an annual event - please. A better and easier qualifying needs to be agreed but we have lots of time to do this. I also think a "Champion of Oulton" series would work doing similar meetings early and late in the season - say three in total instead of double headers, similar to Anglesey separate championship. But - International circuit if we can! = 36 cars as well! Same price as a double header if we cannot have for free again? (I still think - Champion of Oulton, and would love to see the title back in some way)

As you know, I do believe in separate races for older cars at Oulton. There is a different atmosphere and widespread support within pre 87 to keep a similar format. It keeps an interest in older cars and I really believe that if we combine all the time pre 87 will die out and NWFF will end up being 30ish post 86 cars as SOM and Castle Combe appear to have done (1+1 doesn't always = 2). I think changing to pre 90 at some time is worth looking at. Combining both formats would give us the best of both worlds!

One more gripe! Why no support from Motorsport News and Autosport for possibly the biggest FF event this season. Regional FF arguably the best UK club championship, with no manufacturer support. I know that Diz sent each a press release about three weeks ago - and nothing.

Well done to Steve Roberts, nice guy and great progress in such a short time.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1055029)   #5
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we should do the same format at Anglesey next weekend?

Each class has the opportunity to to win outright with then everyone join together for a final near the end of the day..

Or maybe just keep the format for special races?
Old 3 Aug 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1055037)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with your last sentiment RR. Its a bit of a novelty - if it happened every few weeks I'd guarantee people would like to have more separate races for Pre/Post 1987.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1055050)   #7
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not have separate races, then race a final for the top 30 (15 of each) fastest (in race) or finnishers at the end. It would be good for midfielders "fighting" for qualification etc!

Last edited by JustinDawkins; 3 Aug 2004 at 12:47.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1055104)   #8
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
I think keeping it special will attract more entries longer term and it gives the "Festival" type atmosphere.

Justin, nice idea but the idea of changing from the "normal" double header means it doesn't cost us any more and everyone gets at least one extra race for their entry fee. I hope we can entice you (and some friends?) to the next one though - whenever it is?
Old 3 Aug 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1055123)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You've got to remember that last weekend's race for free was a one-off and only arose because BRSCC had some spare time on the timetable. In future, you will have to pay for these races although the format adopted would give some drivers two races for the price of one (rather than three for the price of one on Saturday).
Old 3 Aug 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1055127)   #10
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
That's right Ian - but it's still 2 practices and 4 races, same as a normal double header at Oulton for pre/post races. I don't see why the price should change from a normal double header? (Now if BRSCC were so impressed that they'd let us have it for free again??)
Old 3 Aug 2004, 13:59 (Ref:1055134)   #11
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've lost me a bit on this last one Mike. Isn't it 2 practices for say 50 cars and 2 races [qual and main] for 50 cars.
Isn't this the same as Pre87 qual + race and Post86 qual + race. Still 50 cars.
This would still be a single entry fee - currently £165.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1055142)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

What I was saying is you wouldn't get it for a single race entry fee - you probably would for a double, providing there was just one qualifying session apiece.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1055147)   #13
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Come on boys. Leave the confusion and inability to explain things properly to me. I'm quite good at that
Old 3 Aug 2004, 14:29 (Ref:1055160)   #14
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Ian's, I'm still coming from same format as Saturday. Practice for each, race for each, qualifier and final. 2 practices, 4 races - same as current double headers so - £250 entry fee?

Keeps the current championship going and allows the new format - everyone happy??
Old 3 Aug 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1055168)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Yes, that is what I think would happen - but I think you only paid £165 for Saturday?
Old 3 Aug 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1055169)   #16
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Ah !!
I'm coming from the single header route.

The future's bright, the future's 'one class only with sub classes'

Makes swift exit and closes email. Mike, give me a ring - landline - tonight.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1055704)   #17
hughrob
Rookie

hughrob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz, sounds like you all had a great weekend, well done to everyone, hope Mallory works as well
Old 4 Aug 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1055908)   #18
qaz
Rookie

qaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt know him but Moose sounds like he was a great guy.Keep Mooose trophy and mixed grids as a once a year event i say.