Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Oct 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3774710)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Availability of campsites to ACO members....

Question to all brave souls who endured the ACO Billetterie website this morning....

What was the highest number of available spaces left to buy you've seen on following campsites:
-Houx
-Houx Annexe
-Bleu Nord
-Bleu Sud
-Maison Blanche
-Expo
-Hen's Teeth a.k.a. Tertre Rouge

I reckon most if not all of the Pie --> spaces at these campsites gets allocated to ticket agencies, and ACO-supporting Joe gets the crumbles left at Epinettes and Beausejour????

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3774724)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was discussing this (actually grandstands, not camping) with James as he watched seats in 'our' grandstand disappearing before his eyes. We're convinced that more and more are being held for agencies. Luckily, we did get what we wanted though......
Old 17 Oct 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3774727)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I long gave up on buying from the ACO as I found it easier to go through an agency. The extra cost wasn't that much and certainly worth the reduction in stress.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3774730)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I was discussing this (actually grandstands, not camping)
Well, I did not expect you to buy camping tickets
but it must be similar for grandstand tickets indeed. Although plenty of those still available for those interested. Demand seems a bit lower for GS than previous years?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3774737)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Question to all brave souls who endured the ACO Billetterie website this morning....

What was the highest number of available spaces left to buy you've seen on following campsites:
-Houx
-Houx Annexe
-Bleu Nord
-Bleu Sud
-Maison Blanche
-Expo
-Hen's Teeth a.k.a. Tertre Rouge
I did take a look, just for interest's sake. I guess it would have about 45 minutes to an hour after tickets went on sale, and of the campsites listed above, there was just ONE Houx Annexe ticket available, the others were all sold out.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3774744)   #6
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I did take a look, just for interest's sake. I guess it would have about 45 minutes to an hour after tickets went on sale, and of the campsites listed above, there was just ONE Houx Annexe ticket available, the others were all sold out.
I Don't bother buying from ACO, it is simply not worth the stress. And as you said No or few places available for the camping I want. HA. Ordered my tickets months ago, it gives me a 'safe' feeling.
Hope you all got what you ordered.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3774797)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Epinettes - not familiar with this one, but there are 100+ tickets available. I'm guessing this is like an annexe to Houx and Houx Annexe, yes? Anyway, seems to be decently located, but maybe it's further infield than I realise.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3774806)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Epinettes is where we've been for the last couple of years (plus the last classic).

It's just round the corner from the main entrance to Houx (5mins walk at most).
Old 18 Oct 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3774815)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had email confirmation from Catherine (new Nadine) simple as pie, just send application to her and get what you want with full ACO discount, no silly phone calls or ridiculous internet struggles, all for extra 5% charge. You all know how but obviously some of you prefer the hassle of opening ticket day, or the ridiculous mark ups available else where.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3774823)   #10
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some of us like a challenge in that slightly mad English way :-)
Old 19 Oct 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3775013)   #11
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had email confirmation from Catherine (new Nadine) simple as pie, just send application to her and get what you want with full ACO discount, no silly phone calls or ridiculous internet struggles, all for extra 5% charge. You all know how but obviously some of you prefer the hassle of opening ticket day, or the ridiculous mark ups available else where.
Don't all bite - but I'm thinking about not going this year. I've bought my ACO membership, but all my usual party can't make it and I am less than impressed with the LMP1 fiasco ATM. I had my tickets reserved with the nouveux-Nadine, but don't want to spend out at the moment (when funds are tight) and then have to back-track/ sell.
I'm sure I'll change my mind - but maybe I'll just get something last minute as I'm likely to be in a group of max 4 persons/ 2 cars.

[Edit - sorry this should probably have been on the "Who's going" thread. ]

Last edited by Pilgrimage; 19 Oct 2017 at 11:48. Reason: Thread apology...
Old 19 Oct 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3775015)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i hope you do change your mind, will still be a good event and the changes might make interesting racing.