Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3243444)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert [iV8SC13R13,R14,R15,R16] Austin 400, COTA Texas USA: 17-19 May

Its time..

For a trip to the country where most of the engine hardware for the category has come from for the last 20 years or so...

Its Texas Bruttha...

Cowboy boots, Stetsons, A rootin-tootin-good-time...

But... who might win this new event, a smooth track to be sure, but looks like lots of constant radius turns, pressure on the rubber. Can the teams run the 4 races as sprints, and keep the tyres under them... or will there be forced pitstops..

I am sure a number of these guys and gals have been modelling the track on their simulator softwares, watching the races already held there, to see the laps run by Mr Courtnry, Mr Coulthard & Mr Busch in the test car...

Who's gunna win?

#8...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2013, 09:59 (Ref:3243451)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Frosty will get it done, pity their not using Road America, Atlanta, Sebring or Laguna Seca, they are better tracks imo.
Old 6 May 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3243498)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll let you know what the place is like as I am heading over. There was supposed to be a group of us going and now due to work commitments and an illness I am the only one going.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 6 May 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3243511)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
I'll let you know what the place is like as I am heading over. There was supposed to be a group of us going and now due to work commitments and an illness I am the only one going.
Staying on for the Indy 500?
Old 6 May 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3243735)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Staying on for the Indy 500?
No, I was lucky enough to get a leave pass for a week without pushing for another . You don't want to come ??

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 May 2013, 00:02 (Ref:3243737)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
No, I was lucky enough to get a leave pass for a week without pushing for another . You don't want to come ??
The original plan was to go... probably next year...
Old 7 May 2013, 02:55 (Ref:3243759)   #7
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice first post in the thread.

I'm really enjoying the series so far this year, and the new COTF regulations. Obviously will be good when the other manufacturers manage to get a bit more pace out of the new cars, but they seem to be making some decent pogress. A new track that no one has experience with is only going to be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Bring it on!
Old 8 May 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3244232)   #8
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can the teams run the 4 races as sprints, and keep the tyres under them... or will there be forced pitstops..
A CPS in each race has already been confirmed.
Old 10 May 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3245159)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New livery for #66

Old 10 May 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3245290)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
New livery for #66

So Stanley will be on the front of the next Supercrap catalogue

Old 10 May 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3245488)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice work though, that livery looks the goods, it will stand out like dogs balls on TV, Stanley has been in the sport a very long time maybe time for them to step up!
Old 10 May 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3245497)   #12
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Nice work though, that livery looks the goods, it will stand out like dogs balls on TV, Stanley has been in the sport a very long time maybe time for them to step up!
And the yellow headlights look okay unlike the SVG car.
Old 11 May 2013, 03:54 (Ref:3245553)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
And the yellow headlights look okay unlike the SVG car.
agreed, the yellow seems to match better
Old 11 May 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3245830)   #14
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I leave on Thursday for Austin and am very excited. I can't believe after a decade of watching (or trying to with the coverage we have) the Aussie V8s they are actually coming to NA! The only regret I have is they didn't release the schedule until very late and I may have to miss the last race to make my flight home.

I wonder if we will see more one-off liveries (or 'paint jobs' since we're in the US) for this round?
Old 11 May 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3245865)   #15
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
New livery for #66

Door numbers!

I wanted to go this year, money prevented that...next year for sure!
Old 12 May 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3245989)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
speedcafes has a new look for the Darrell Lea car

Old 12 May 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3245995)   #17
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New livery for #66

Great to see a car with numbers on the door, looks like a proper racing car
Old 12 May 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3245999)   #18
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
speedcafes has a new look for the Darrell Lea car

Oh dear. !!!!!
Old 12 May 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3246000)   #19
TylerD
Rookie

United States
Oklahoma City, OK
TylerD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I leave on Thursday for Austin and am very excited. I can't believe after a decade of watching (or trying to with the coverage we have) the Aussie V8s they are actually coming to NA! The only regret I have is they didn't release the schedule until very late and I may have to miss the last race to make my flight home.

I wonder if we will see more one-off liveries (or 'paint jobs' since we're in the US) for this round?
I have only been following the series for about 4 years and am absolutely thrilled to get to see it in person. Triple 8 dominance be damned, it is still some of the most entertaining and closest racing on the planet. The cars don't sound like anything else I watch and the muscle car 4 door saloon style is appropriately aggressive.

Hopefully there is a good turnout and I can feel a little better knowing that there is a sizable following for the category here in the states. That would make my Motorsport-loving heart happy.
Old 12 May 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3246008)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
... and the coolest thing, you can actually buy a Chevrolet SS or Nissan Altima or E-Class Benz to drive on the road
Old 12 May 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3246077)   #21
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grief Webb's car may have the ugliest livery to ever grace a V8 Supercar.

Looking forward to the race, something new for everyone and a great opportunity for the sport as well.
Old 12 May 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3246086)   #22
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
Good grief Webb's car may have the ugliest livery to ever grace a V8 Supercar.
Yeah-and theres been some shockers over the years but thats gotta be a contender. 'Export livery aside' they should've just left it as is, that looked pretty cohesive by itself unlike this abomination.

Last edited by rich07; 12 May 2013 at 10:56.
Old 12 May 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3246089)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I normally wouldn't can something like that because I for sure couldn't do better, but that is fugly. The Quinns surely can come up with someone with a better box of crayons than that! Someone give them Willsy's number!!!
Old 12 May 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3246289)   #24
TylerD
Rookie

United States
Oklahoma City, OK
TylerD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
... and the coolest thing, you can actually buy a Chevrolet SS or Nissan Altima or E-Class Benz to drive on the road
I was actually considering a Pontiac G8 GT\GXP (built in Australia by Holden) due to my fondness of the V8s when I was car shopping last year. The fuel cost for a V8 saloon was the biggest prohibiting factor.
Old 12 May 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3246431)   #25
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.news.com.au/sport/motor-s...-1226639973131

Well according to this they've sold tickets in 30 states, expecting 60000 ticket sales ( I guess that means 20000 3-day tickets) which would be a moderate success I guess if the Grand Am crowd was around 25000.
Interested to see how many of the 100 million Americans who are getting the race "beamed in " actually watch though.
Frosty is saying they only need a few percent to be successful, well Nascar gets around 4 or 5 percent so I would think about half a percent would be more realistic, which is what Indycar gets.
Looking forward to it anyway, a few big weeks of motor racing ahead.

Last edited by Juarez Jed; 12 May 2013 at 21:43. Reason: misread