Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3315189)   #1
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 GP2 silly season

I think the Pic family will buy Addax (or Denis Nagulin with some persons behind him).

I think Jolyon Palmer is safe at Carlin for another season.

Russian Time: Dillmann? Vandoorne?
Carlin: Nasr? Palmer?
Racing Engineering: Canamasas? Raimondo?
DAMS: Richelmi? Sorensen?
Hilmer: Quaife-Hobbs? Agostini?
Rapax: Coletti? Trummer?
ART: Calado? Regalia?
Arden: Evans? Kvyat?
Caterham: Rossi? Cecotto?
Trident: No idea
MP: De Jong? Melker?
Addax: Pic? Clos?
Lazarus: Binder? Ghirelli?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3315256)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Bird and Leimer going to Formula 1 then? I can see Bird doing the Valsecchi and hanging around during GP weekends whilst doing plenty of simulator work and so on, but can't see where Leimer's going to end up.

Surely Marciello or Ellinas might make a step up.

The sad thing with this is that none of the current GP2 drivers are likely to become F1 champions, and only a few could be solid frontrunners in very good cars.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3315353)   #3
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
TR Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a Quick comment on Bird: If he does win the title (which I hope he does) then he will replace Maldonado at Williams in F1 for 2014 as Williams using Mercedes engines and Bird is a Mercedes academy driver, and Maldonado's PDVSA money might be gone next year, anyone but me see the link here?

As for GP2 Lineup's

Russian Time-
Vandoorne and Dillmann (If he has the $$$ for another full season)

Carlin-
Palmer and Ellinas (If Nasr goes to F1, well if he does not then its ?)

Racing Engineering-
Cechotto (If he stays for yet another season in GP2) and ?

DAMS-
Arthur Pic (might go here or Addax) and Richelmi

Hilmer-
Qualife-Hobbs and Abt

Rapax-
Berthon and ?

ART-
Regalia and Daly (Calado will be Force India #2 or #3 Next year)

Arden-
Evans and Kyvat/Sainz Jnr

Caterham-
Rossi and Will Stevens

Trident-
Agostini and Campana

MP-
De Jong and Melker

Addax-
Canamassas and Arthur Pic (Might go here or DAMS)

Lazarus-
Ghirelli and ?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3315357)   #4
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do see the Bird link that you describe, we'll just have to wait and see what pans out.

Also, hasn't Ellinas run out of money? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3315359)   #5
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get the link. That could work out. What about Leimer though?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3315463)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Vandoorne and Sainz will be in Fr3.4 next season, not GP2. Unfortunately I can see many of the journeyman seasoned campaigners returning again though.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3315679)   #7
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Are Bird and Leimer going to Formula 1 then?
Bird is interested in IndyCar, Leimer has links with DTM.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3315681)   #8
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
Just a Quick comment on Bird: If he does win the title (which I hope he does) then he will replace Maldonado at Williams in F1 for 2014 as Williams using Mercedes engines and Bird is a Mercedes academy driver, and Maldonado's PDVSA money might be gone next year, anyone but me see the link here?
PDVSA is safe at Williams until 2015.

Altough there is another link from Bird to Williams: Russian Time has an alliance with Williams.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3315685)   #9
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
J
Russian Time-
Vandoorne and Dillmann (If he has the $$$ for another full season)

Carlin-
Palmer and Ellinas (If Nasr goes to F1, well if he does not then its ?)
1) Russian Time has no pay drivers.
2) Why Ellinas to Carlin?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3316043)   #10
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ellinas will go wherever Marussia pays to place him
Old 12 Oct 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3316735)   #11
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
1) Russian Time has no pay drivers.
2) Why Ellinas to Carlin?
1) No Russian Time don't have 'Pay Drivers' you're right, but EVERY GP2 driver has to pay a amount of money to the team for the season, up to around £1-1.5 Million for the entire season, so that the team can cover its expenses (eg. Traveling to races, equipment, staff salaries, the cost of the car itself), I wasn't saying Tom Dillmann is a pay driver, just wondering wether he has enough for full season as he does this season but in 2012 he didn't and was dropped by Rapax mid-season despite being a race-winner.

2) Because he's Marussia's lead driver in GP3 and Marussia have links to Carlin? He also has the talent and would be walking away with the GP3 title now had it not been for two awful weekends were he was involved in incidents that were not his fault in Spa and Monza, and with Marussia backing him I think he has the budget
Old 12 Oct 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3316736)   #12
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Vandoorne and Sainz will be in Fr3.4 next season, not GP2. Unfortunately I can see many of the journeyman seasoned campaigners returning again though.
I know its getting worse every year, will Johnny cecotto jnr hang around in GP2 for a SIXTH season? Anyone who is anywere near the standard of a F1 driver needs 3 GP2 Seasons at maximum, that said there are exceptions to this rule of mine when it comes to GP2, valsecchi won the title in his fifth season and Maldonado won the title in his fourth season and they both are talented guys, Maldonado being a race winner in F1.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3316739)   #13
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
New topic: Will Daniel Abt even get a seat in GP2 for 2014 considering how badly he has performed for ART (one of the most experienced and competitive teams on the grid; champions in 2005, 2006 and 2009 and runners up in 2007 and 2012), and I know will buxton has said Abt takes time to get used to a series but a whole year with a front-running team like ART and he's only scored THREE points? I was hoping for a little better from Daniel considering his performance in GP3, and its not the jump from GP3 to GP2 as the reason he hasn't performed, Mitch Evans has impressed at a less competitive team (Arden) despite being maybe a little bit less impressive than Abt in GP3 (Certainly in the second half of the season)
Old 12 Oct 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3316854)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Alejandro Agag is too busy playing with electric cars. So Adrián Campos has bought Addax Team back. So it's very likely that Facundo RegalÃ*a will race for him.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3317047)   #15
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
1) No Russian Time don't have 'Pay Drivers' you're right, but EVERY GP2 driver has to pay a amount of money to the team for the season, up to around £1-1.5 Million for the entire season, so that the team can cover its expenses (eg. Traveling to races, equipment, staff salaries, the cost of the car itself), I wasn't saying Tom Dillmann is a pay driver, just wondering wether he has enough for full season as he does this season but in 2012 he didn't and was dropped by Rapax mid-season despite being a race-winner.

2) Because he's Marussia's lead driver in GP3 and Marussia have links to Carlin? He also has the talent and would be walking away with the GP3 title now had it not been for two awful weekends were he was involved in incidents that were not his fault in Spa and Monza, and with Marussia backing him I think he has the budget
1) If Dillmann had to pay that money, then he would be pay driver. But what I understand is that Russian Time does not take money from the drivers.

2) What links from Marussia to Carlin? When Chilton drives at Carlin then yes, because his father is shareholder at Carlin. But now?
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3317050)   #16
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Alejandro Agag is too busy playing with electric cars. So Adrián Campos has bought Addax Team back. So it's very likely that Facundo RegalÃ*a will race for him.
The Pic family also was interested in buying Addax. Campos again - hmm...
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3317055)   #17
Formulahistory
Veteran

I Think Nagulin will drive alongside Regalia because Nagulin also was involved in buying Addax. He now drive for Campos in Spanish F3. So Campos perhaps bought the team with Russian money.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3317126)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I was hoping for a little better from Daniel considering his performance in GP3, and its not the jump from GP3 to GP2 as the reason he hasn't performed, Mitch Evans has impressed at a less competitive team (Arden) despite being maybe a little bit less impressive than Abt in GP3 (Certainly in the second half of the season)
Trouble is how much does that point to GP3 being a lottery, or GP2?

Both are supposedly mega potential talents, but one excelled in '3' and the other did better in '2'....

Difficult to nail down, especially when you look at other drivers who've struggled in GP3 but generally been very good in anything else they've driven, I.E, Sainz, Korjus etc

Last edited by chunterer; 14 Oct 2013 at 12:23.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3317347)   #19
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
From the 'Campos buys back Addax' Article it seems as though Campos wants Spanish drivers in the line-up for next year so Canamassas or Juncadella?

And if Campos has indeed bought the team back will it still be called Addax come 2014 gp2 season opener? If not what do we think it will be called? Will he change its name back to Campos?
Old 13 Oct 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3317357)   #20
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I Think Nagulin will drive alongside Regalia because Nagulin also was involved in buying Addax. He now drive for Campos in Spanish F3. So Campos perhaps bought the team with Russian money.
Nagulin? Seriously? No. Campos won't promote him as he is not quite up to standard of GP2 quite yet, if ever, note he is not leading the Spanish F3, but he is 19TH. If you are even going to be a mid-field runner in Main Euro F3 you would be leading Spanish F3 as field is not that good in Spanish F3.

I think 2014 line-up may be Leal (Who this year has shown some promise) or Canamassas (who hasn'tshown anything this year other than that he is a average/poor driver) and Regalia

Last edited by TR Motorsport; 13 Oct 2013 at 19:23.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3317436)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the problem with canamasas is that he's actually pretty quick, sometimes. if he pays his bills on time and he pays them well then you can do far worse as long as you don't mind traipsing up to the stewards office on a reasonably regular basis.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3317621)   #22
Formulahistory
Veteran

Quote:
From the 'Campos buys back Addax' Article it seems as though Campos wants Spanish drivers in the line-up for next year so Canamassas or Juncadella?
I think Juncadella will stay in DTM
Old 14 Oct 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3317635)   #23
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't be surprised to see Nagulin, the guy has a lot more money than sense. F3 Open is already too much for him... I think he has no karting background, but even w/o it he has shown nothing to date.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3319805)   #24
TR Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
So where do we think Cecotto will go should he stay for a sixth season in GP2? What options are there for him?
Old 19 Oct 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3319819)   #25
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For Cecotto's 5th GP2 season?
There are various news reports coming out of Venezuela about the public money being used to bankroll a lot of their drivers maybe coming to a stop.
Does Cecotto have alternative funding or would he be caught up in this?