Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 May 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3407543)   #51
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some crazy stuff at the end! I saw several cars going off or spinning
Old 18 May 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3407544)   #52
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excellent race this was! what a heartbreak for morand!
Old 18 May 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3407551)   #53
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
For me an absolutely absorbing race, and no problems with stream or RLM commentary (okay it fell a touch out of sync at times but that might well have been my connection).

In a lot of ways LMP2 is getting to the point where it's the most exciting category out there. We're heading into June and I honestly can't call who's going to win it. Morgan feels like they've got some momentum but there are some very rapid squads out there with Orecas and Zyteks, and chucking the Ligier and Dome into the mix makes it a completely intriguing prospect.

More significantly ELMS is now more and more looking like a series that can happily stand on its own two feet - and with the WEC vanishing from Europe after June I can see a bit of wanderlust bubbling to the forth for the likes of Zeltweg or Estoril.
Old 18 May 2014, 22:42 (Ref:3407627)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just caught up on the race. Only able to watch the three hours Motors showed but thoroughly enjoyed it.

First two races have been great and bring in a lot of strategy and intrigue, but also lots of action and great racing. LMP2s are really entertaining to watch.

That said, if you want constant door-banging go watch the BTCC. It's still endurance racing.

I think the coverage was a bit rough around the edges still in terms of the commentary and direction. Wasn't able to listen with RLM which was a shame. Not sure if the team have addressed why they've seemingly been flicked.

Jota due a bit of luck more than most in this race. Really can't wait for Le Mans. Think an ELMS squad will take it but it's going to be a massive fight.
Old 18 May 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3407646)   #55
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also forgot to say - a couple of stand-out GT drives today from Matteo Cressoni and Mikkel Mac.
Old 18 May 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3407661)   #56
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
This track is great. I wish it was on the wec calendar. The sense of speed seems more apparent as well.
Old 19 May 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3407992)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think the first stint by tincknell and panciatici was brilliant, they were really going for it. the jota car has always been a quick one for whatever reason - see the obviously good oliver turveys exploits in it last year - but tincknell's still a noob. equally, panciatici was racing on tyres the team are still in the first weekend of familiarising themselves with. watching the pair of them nail the traffic whilst maintaining a pace about 2 seconds a lap faster than anyone else was fairly spectacular.

also, i don't know where vincent capillaire has come from (seemingly nowhere judging by his career history) but it's worth mentioning that he had 8th fastest lap in his second lmp2 race. fair play.
Old 19 May 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3408003)   #58
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
This track is great. I wish it was on the wec calendar. The sense of speed seems more apparent as well.
I've long liked Imola but this year the footage was notably good, with it capturing how the cars were really moving around and looking very rapid. There was a comment on the RLM coverage that the camera positions were new this year - and I think we can safely say they've made a good move.
Old 20 May 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3408089)   #59
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think the first stint by tincknell and panciatici was brilliant, they were really going for it. the jota car has always been a quick one for whatever reason - (...)
So we know what happened with Jota in their 2nd stint, when Simon Dolan was losing a lot of time over the space of a couple of laps? I must've missed it, if we do.
Old 20 May 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3408161)   #60
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
simon dolan said:

Quote:
My first stint after taking over from Harry was dreadful. The combination of an incorrect tyre choice and possibly me not performing to my best caused me to lose out in traffic which dropped me from first to fifth.
chatin passed him easily, and dolan is a far better driver than that so it makes a lot of sense.
Old 31 May 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3413278)   #61
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
For me an absolutely absorbing race...
Late to the party as always but work prevented me from seeing the recorded race until a few days ago. Catching up on some of the earlier posts, I'm utterly bewildered by some of the comments about the race lacking excitement. Hey ho, to each their own. For me, it's probably one of most exciting endurance races I've ever seen, absolutely brilliant race. Fantastic. I was mesmerised. The dicing in traffic and how the cars looked in general around such a traditinal track was awesome.

Has anyone got any clues as to what is going on between RLM and ELMS/ACO/Motors - if indeed there is anything going on? I for one was grateful for the RLM race podcasts even if I had to mute the TV and use my trusty generic mp3 player. Great commentary as always.