Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 15 Jan 2000, 20:12 (Ref:2921)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!

The BARC/CSCC programme of events is now published. Just pop over to my website and the provisional calendar is posted there. This year the BARC has designated our races as part of the “Classic Package”, which means that we will be the core of a programme of races that will appear at all BARC organised meetings designated as the “Classic Package”. Therefore the list below will automatically include Classics and Historics, Post Historics and Group 1. These are the dates and the additional races that will be running with us:

2 April Mallory Park
ACE Vehicle Deliveries Sports Saloon Championship, BMW Championship, MG Owner’s Club Championship and the Caterham Graduate Championship.

16 April Cadwell Park
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship and Classic Clubmans Series.

13/14 May Brands Hatch
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship and Classic Clubmans Series, Flemings Thoroughbred Sports Car Championship, Moss International MGCC MGB/C/V8 Championship, Tropheo Alfa Romeo, ACEMAI European Formula 2.

29 May Mallory Park
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healley Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship, Cox and Buckles TR Register/TSSC Championship and Classic Clubmans Series.

18 June Lydden Hill
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship and Classic Clubmans Series.

2 July Thruxton
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship, BARC Classic Sportscar Series and Classic Clubmans Series.

23 July Snetterton

5 Aug Oulton Park
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship, BARC Classic Sportscar Series and Classic Clubmans Series.

19/20 Aug Pembrey
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Formula Ford 2000, Austin Healey Club Championship, BARC/BRSCC Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship and Classic Clubmans Series, Flemings Thoroughbred Sports Car Championship, Moss International MGCC MGB/C/V8 Championship.

14/15 Oct Snetterton
CSCC Classic Thunder (Gp 2, Gp A and Classic Touring Cars), Caterham Race Academy, Formula Ford 2000, BARC Formula Renault Championship, Pentel Ginetta Championship, BARC/BRDC K Sports 1600 Championship, BARC Classic Sportscar Series and BMW Championship.
Old 15 Jan 2000, 21:06 (Ref:2922)   #2
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Go to:
http://www.angelfire.com/pe/mallett/

and look under 'Events'
Old 16 Jan 2000, 00:03 (Ref:2923)   #3
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Castle Combe
Oh well.
Old 16 Jan 2000, 00:17 (Ref:2924)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lee,

Apparently we were too entertaining for Castle Combe so we can't go back!!!
Old 16 Jan 2000, 13:48 (Ref:2925)   #5
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Oh well. I thoght it was entertianing.
I still can't beliave the over taking you did around the outside of the last corner
Old 16 Jan 2000, 14:02 (Ref:2926)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lee,

You say the nicest things.
Old 16 Jan 2000, 14:25 (Ref:2927)   #7
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Well I thought it was MADNESS
Old 16 Jan 2000, 17:27 (Ref:2928)   #8
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.

Peter, are you really doing a british gt race this season, or was that a joke of some kind in the staff foums?
Old 16 Jan 2000, 18:23 (Ref:2929)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Somebody has invited me to drive a Marcos in GT3 but I can't do it unless I get sponsored cos I don't have the spare sponds. Its a nice dream though and I am looking for a sponsor.
Old 16 Jan 2000, 19:51 (Ref:2930)   #10
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember a red Capri overtaking at Camp.

I have a pic either on my site or somewhere in the film packets of a Capri going round the outside of another - was that you?

Or are you talking about another corner? I was at Camp most of the day - Quarry in the mornin' then at Folly right at the end (getting thorougly soaked).

Bummer about the Marcos drive - hope you find sponsorship. Wouldn't it be easy seeing it's only one(?) race and therefore companies don't have to stump up so much?
Old 16 Jan 2000, 20:07 (Ref:2931)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep. I went round two or three (I think) cars at that corner.

Its not a bummer to be offered the chance. It means somebody thinks your worth it. Or they think you'll not make the cut so they'll get paid for doing nothing!! .

Seriously. If I can raise the dosh then I will be out there doing it but I have to offer some value. I know what sponsors need and can provide it. Trouble is it takes time (which I don't have) to set the meetings up. Don't hold your breath!!!
Old 17 Jan 2000, 15:46 (Ref:2932)   #12
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Peter! You missed out the most important date of them all: The first round at Silverstone (18th March).

My feeling is that the grids this year are going to fuller than ever before - increasing the likelyhood of them splitting the field and running 2 races - as they did at Mallory last year.
I know for a fact that there will be the following (brand new) entrants in Grp1 this year:

P. Nixon with a 1.8i MK1 Golf
R. Kerry with a 1.6 carb XR3
RKP Racing with 3 (!!) Rover SD1's
The bloke who bought S.Vickers Golf as Stacy
will be running an RX7

That's six cars that I know of. Blimey we'll be competing with Stock Hatches for the most bumper-full grids at his rate!

Old 17 Jan 2000, 17:56 (Ref:2933)   #13
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.

Cool, good luck with raising the funds Peter, it will give me a good excuse to get to a british Gt round this tear
Old 17 Jan 2000, 18:07 (Ref:2934)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apguy:
Hey Peter! You missed out the most important date of them all: The first round at Silverstone (18th March).

My feeling is that the grids this year are going to fuller than ever before - increasing the likelyhood of them splitting the field and running 2 races - as they did at Mallory last year.
I know for a fact that there will be the following (brand new) entrants in Grp1 this year:

P. Nixon with a 1.8i MK1 Golf
R. Kerry with a 1.6 carb XR3
RKP Racing with 3 (!!) Rover SD1's
The bloke who bought S.Vickers Golf as Stacy
will be running an RX7

That's six cars that I know of. Blimey we'll be competing with Stock Hatches for the most bumper-full grids at his rate!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ER Guy,

I didn't miss the Silverstone date, its posted on my website and the CSCC site. However the SUNBAC meeting on 18 March is not part of the Classic Package. Likewise the Knockhill date in September is not BARC run.

Already we've got 80 entrants this year and usually its just 30/40.

See ya there then dude.

Lee,

Thanks mate. Lets hope somebody hears my plea. I've got some good friends looking at it for me.

[This message has been edited by Peter Mallett (edited 17 January 2000).]
Old 18 Jan 2000, 00:30 (Ref:2936)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hi folks,

First of all, apologies to Andrew. I was thinking Guy, Andrew Guy, (said in a cheesy Scots accent) and used your surname in error.

Tony,

I got the list of events from the BARC booklet. Seems strange that a BRSCC championship is not running at (an ostensibly) BRSCC track.
Old 18 Jan 2000, 10:46 (Ref:2935)   #16
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Peter - How you doin ?
Just a correction on one of your dates, The Classic FF1600 are not doing Oulton Park. Seems daft but because we're joint BRSCC & BARC we're not officially in the BCM package but Oulton is the only one of the series that we miss, it's a shame, apart from Oulton being a great track it's also the only northern round we had. At the moment the furthest north we go is Donnington on the 19th March. It's also very unfortunate because a lot of our grid are based up north so I think we may see a drop in numbers this year.
Old 18 Jan 2000, 17:43 (Ref:2937)   #17
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need for apologies fella. I answer to just about anything

Have you spotted the new sponsorship deal yet?

[Quote]
** Announcement from The Classic Saloon Car Club of GB **

We are proud to announce that Millers Oils will be providing backing for all 4 of the CSCC's championships in the 2000 season. Millers Oils wish to use the four CSCC Historic Touring Car championships as a major tool in promoting their new "VSP" Lead Replacement fuel additive. CSCC competitors
will be encouraged to use Millers new "CVL" (Competition Valve Lubricant), an enhanced version of the VSP product which has been specially developed for race engines.

Full details of the CSCC's events for 2000 can be found at - www.csccgb.co.uk.

Details on Millers VSP and CVL product is available at www.millersoils.co.uk

[End Quote]

I contacted the club and appears we get a free bottle of CVL for every race in return for carying a sunstrip with their name on it. The series is renamed "The MILLERS VSP PLUS GROUP 1 TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP in association with DUNLOP" Jeez I guess we now hold the record for the longest series title...

Looking forward to March 18th!
Old 18 Jan 2000, 17:56 (Ref:2938)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yep,

I was talking to them at the show. Personally I will need at least two bottles per meeting but there y'go.

Nice to see we're getting some hicher level sponsorship though.
Old 18 Jan 2000, 20:44 (Ref:2939)   #19
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Hello one and all.
Did any one read the article in the latest Cars and Car Conversions?
All about the Grp1 , testing 4 front runners(?)
Any way, it is well worth a read.
Old 23 Jan 2000, 15:34 (Ref:2940)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Anybody notice the Sportscar series on the events list?

Its the intention to turn it into a championship next year. The rules are basically that the car must be factory built and not homologated as a touring car. That stops XJS' Capris and RX7s from appearing. BUT. What about TVRs, Porsches, Toyota MR2, Triumphs and MG's?

Regs are based on Group 1 so bigger brakes, racing engines etc. will be allowed. Thoughts anybody?;_