Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2001, 12:14 (Ref:86529)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Lowndes.

2. Ambrose.

As the woman says on the TV- "Not happy Jan"
Old 29 Apr 2001, 12:28 (Ref:86531)   #2
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Lowndes. The flag popints thru turn 1 and 2 are very hard to see as they are on the inside of the circuit. I dont know why they dont use a penalty system like in nascar where if you pass under yellow they just drop you back that spot, also when the saftey car is out they should have yelow light in the car(like nascar)that come on so everyone knows that the safety car is out.

2. Ambrose was very unlucky.he picked a day when the hitler officials were on the loose. Any other day he would have gotten away with it. At least he was braking and attepting too pull up and not just using Murph as his brakes

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 30 Apr 2001, 02:29 (Ref:86884)   #3
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind u Lowndes was on the actual circuit whilst Murphy (the guy he past) was on the pit exit road which if i'm not mistaken is NOT part of the race track, compared to where Lowndes was
Old 30 Apr 2001, 05:02 (Ref:86893)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Remember back to QR 99- John Bowe got pinged for passing under yellow flag, but had the decision over turned due to "lack of evidence", yet from his in car camera, he could clearly see the yellow flag...

2. Remember back to Winton last year when Lowndes gave Bargs a tap, and was black flagged. I think that it was more or a rub than anything else...i would have let it go...
Old 30 Apr 2001, 10:21 (Ref:86943)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
How about Ingall on Bargwanna? That one was pretty obvious, Ingall hit and spun him...did anything happen?
Old 1 May 2001, 16:53 (Ref:87585)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Craig lowndes could feel a little hard done by on that one..and was Murphy still in the pit lane..im not so sure..if he was then there is no way Lowndes could have been penalised..either way it was a bit hard but if it happened then there is nothing that can be done but accept it.

Ambrose...hmmm..i think i will just brake later and push the guy out of the way..simple
Old 2 May 2001, 12:35 (Ref:87956)   #7
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash, I though Bowe's penalty was overturned as they put '60' on the board for his black flag instead of '600'.

Was Murphy in pitlane or just out of the pit exit? I haven't seen it yet so I cannot comment, but according to Lowndes having now seen the TV bit from in car and helicopter he says he couldn't see what was wrong and at the very least he couldn't see the flag point.
Old 2 May 2001, 13:05 (Ref:87975)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well I'm not sure now, maybe the "lack of evidence" was about the number...
Old 2 May 2001, 23:23 (Ref:88139)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Here comes my daily spit

To quote from AA:

"Russell Ingall and Jason Bargwanna faced the stewards after an incident in race two at Eastern Creek. After viewing video evidence and hearing statements by both drivers, the decision was made that the incident did not warrant further penalty. Bargwanna was also questioned about an incident with David Besnard in the same race. However due to conflicting evidence presented by each driver and the lack of video evidence, no further action was taken."

1. I hope you all saw the video of the Ingall shunt: it was pretty bloody obvious what went on- he absolutelty nailed Bargs, spinning him off the track. So how is this any better than the Ambrose incident? It's not, it's much worse! But by having Bargs say something along the lines of "oh, i think nothing of it (because he is a Holden Driver" should be completely besides the point. If you nail someone, you should wear the consequences, right Marcos?

2. Lack of video evidence. That makes me sick. How many flag marshals, observers, sector marshals are there at these SCS rounds? It would have to be hundreds! Why the hell are they there?? CAMS now trains all these people to a decent level, why the hell don't they use them?

By the way, what sort of implications does this have to meetings that don't have TV cameras at all? Does this mean that people can't get charged? OF COURSE NOT! The closer you get to this game called motorsport, the more problems you find out about the umpires...
Old 3 May 2001, 02:32 (Ref:88198)   #10
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus: Murphy was on the exit road when Lowndes past him. they showed the in car shots. when 10 explained why Lowndes and Ambrose were down the order.

When it comes down to it fellows. Holden ALWAYS win cause CAMs r in HRT's back pocket (to put it nicely), Ford r always being penalised. As 4 all those race officals & marshall's, CAMs never ask there opinion if the indicident is between to Holdens. However if there's a Ford there even if it's not involved they always penalise the Ford guy
Old 3 May 2001, 13:02 (Ref:88321)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeh I watched it again this arvo ..and yes it was a close call but I would say Murphy was on part of the track...still a very tough call though and from reading AA today quite a few people are not very happy with the decision.
Old 6 May 2001, 10:23 (Ref:89595)   #12
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty harsh in both cases.
but the thing is ,if i was a holden bloke my opinion would be different