Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 May 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2199589)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ingall... what a legend!

Top form Rusty!

Come out in the press and blast the system for dudding him for repeatedly breaking the pit speed limit... it's just a shame that the other 28 cars in the field can drive at 40km/h...

Then he tries to punt the Vodafone car off the track going in a straight line, and takes a 5 gorrilla fine for his efforts...

What's his problem? I seem to remember him punting Mike Imrie off in a straight line. He also had some problems driving in a straight line at Eastern Creek in 2003...

It'll be sad day when he punts off someone and causes them or others some physical harm...

...but love you're work dude, I wouldn't try wiping my nose with a cheap wiper blade either!
Old 12 May 2008, 01:38 (Ref:2199644)   #2
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today after browsing through a couple of motorsport forums im surprised that someone hasnt made more of a fuss about his contact with Jamie.

His a hard one to read, he comes across as the joker and is fine out of the car, but every now and then he lives up to this tag "enforcer" with a very random and overly aggresive action on the track.

Bringing up his punting Mike off all those years ago i genuinely feel he should have been banned from racing the entire year. That was the most blatant attack on another driver on the track i have ever seen.

Ive generally thought his racing this year has been fine untill that moment yesterday...imagine the uproar if he had punted jamie off?
Old 12 May 2008, 02:00 (Ref:2199653)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's back in a Holden, he's got a legend to live up to...

ON YA ENFORCER!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 May 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2199654)   #4
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that his boss has never (really) been sanctioned for his regular indiscretions, what hope is there for this one?

Has a driver ever been suspended during the last 11 years?
Old 12 May 2008, 02:11 (Ref:2199655)   #5
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is believing his own press.
Old 12 May 2008, 02:31 (Ref:2199666)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction

Has a driver ever been suspended during the last 11 years?

None, but there have being plenty of times that there should of being.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 12 May 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2199690)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What I found the most disturbing was that Ingall felt that because this so called 'championship' is now entertainment not 'sport', that him speeding in pit lane should have be brushed over because it did nothing for entertainment and his sponsors

Is this really the state of Australian motorsport.
Old 12 May 2008, 04:40 (Ref:2199715)   #8
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on a second here, do we know if the so called accurate radar guns are in fact that. I would be inclined to err on the side of the motec system. Maybe they should do the radar thing, check the data at race end and apply a penalty equivilent to a drive through if necessary.
Old 12 May 2008, 04:42 (Ref:2199716)   #9
Bradley
Rookie

Bradley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that incident in 99 at queensland - inagll and imerie -
he pulled up next to him to flip him the bird and imerie came over on him - so both were going for the same bit of road after the flag and contact was made. so i don't think ingall was intenially trying to hit the other car.

although imerie did let the leaders past and turned in on ingall with 3 corners to go, which was a very amature thing to do as there was plenty of room to let all the leaders by..
Old 12 May 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2199804)   #10
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley
that incident in 99 at queensland - inagll and imerie -
he pulled up next to him to flip him the bird and imerie came over on him - so both were going for the same bit of road after the flag and contact was made. so i don't think ingall was intenially trying to hit the other car.

although imerie did let the leaders past and turned in on ingall with 3 corners to go, which was a very amature thing to do as there was plenty of room to let all the leaders by..
Yes, Imrie held up Ingall with 3 corners to go...... but the incident happened in 2000, it was BEFORE the finish line, and there was no doubt at all that it was deliberate. Ingall swerved straight at him...... much like he did to the Safety Car at Hidden Valley one year (1999?), and in a similar way to his Skaife (2003) 'body swerve'.

A dangerous character that one....
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 12 May 2008, 08:10 (Ref:2199821)   #11
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont remember the safety car one? If it wasnt so serious it sounds very amusing
Old 12 May 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2199829)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the ENFORCER returns. get the mungrel into ya.
Old 12 May 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2200587)   #13
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe!
very random and overly aggresive action on the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe!
Bringing up his punting Mike off all those years ago i genuinely feel he should have been banned from racing the entire year. That was the most blatant attack on another driver on the track i have ever seen.
I would agree, except I would say he should have been banned for a year for driving at Skaife in 2003. A race driver feigning to run over a pedestrian on the race circuit is something I have never seen before or since.

It was bad enough to turn Skaife around - after having said he would do as much in the press weeks before the EC round in 2003 (I still have the articles that say he would "do anything it takes" to get Ambrose the championship), but to drive towards him deserved suspension or expulsion.

Sorry to bring that up again, but it is seemingly on topic...

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 13 May 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2200834)   #14
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
Hold on a second here, do we know if the so called accurate radar guns are in fact that. I would be inclined to err on the side of the motec system. Maybe they should do the radar thing, check the data at race end and apply a penalty equivilent to a drive through if necessary.
One would expect that the thing is calibrated correctly and have a margin for error built in. Had it have been inacurate, we would see more car's doing the long, lonely drive thru, they all run the same Motec system...
Old 16 May 2008, 01:54 (Ref:2203625)   #15
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
the ENFORCER returns. get the mungrel into ya.
Pro you took the words outta my mouth!!

The Dude and The Enforcer.. wonder if they would be any good at wrestling?
Old 16 May 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2203653)   #16
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
Does this mean those who did not get pinged must have their limiters calibrated for well under 40kmh?
Old 16 May 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2203655)   #17
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Does this mean those who did not get pinged must have their limiters calibrated for well under 40kmh?
Or they are running right on the 40.

Mick
Old 16 May 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2203660)   #18
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And perhaps someone's Motec wasn't as well calibrated and so they got pinged twice...... hmmmm
Old 16 May 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2203789)   #19
Scream'n_Demon
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
Scream'n_Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russel Ingall sure does make it interesting. I don't know whether to be angry at him or laugh at him. One thing's for sure though, he's no more than a bit of entertainment these days. His competitive days are over and he knows it.
Old 17 May 2008, 07:07 (Ref:2204536)   #20
theugsquirrel
Rookie

theugsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if his telemetry proves that the gun was wrong like he said it was, its an interesting situation indeed.

Even then, stupid penalties like Courtneys one aren't only bad for entertainment, but bad for the sport. I saw nothing wrong with Courtneys driving, and it makes it boring when drivers are ordered not to race each other and concede positions.
Old 17 May 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2204552)   #21
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
He's back in a Holden, he's got a legend to live up to...

ON YA ENFORCER!

A spelling question...How do you spell "enforcer'? Answer...W.A.N.K.E.R.

Reason...anyone who behaves like Ingall does and places safety second to ego (Track rage?) should surely be pulled into line by the governing body if they were serious about their responsibilty to their competitors and marshalls.

If a competitor in a category lower on the totem pole did it, would they be given the same treatment by the stewards/CAMS?
Old 18 May 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2205071)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theugsquirrel

Even then, stupid penalties like Courtneys one aren't only bad for entertainment, but bad for the sport. I saw nothing wrong with Courtneys driving, and it makes it boring when drivers are ordered not to race each other and concede positions.
its only stupid if its poorly enforced (which it is)

ban the block i say (and Craig lowndes agrees with me) they are doing it in Careera cup, its time to bring it in V8's
Old 18 May 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2205073)   #23
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe

Reason...anyone who behaves like Ingall does and places safety second to ego (Track rage?) should surely be pulled into line by the governing body if they were serious about their responsibilty to their competitors and marshalls.

If a competitor in a category lower on the totem pole did it, would they be given the same treatment by the stewards/CAMS?
Yes. I'm no fan of Ingall's either. I don't care much that he's back in the Holden.

Although I'm sure Morris is pleased with Ingall's performances so far. It's been a while since a PMM car has consistently finished or even looked like running in the top ten.
Old 18 May 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2205360)   #24
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
No David theres only one w.a.n.k.e.r in v8s.. and thats Uncle Tom!

Go Rusty keep doing what youre doing pal, its great!
Old 19 May 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2206048)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
ban the block i say (and Craig lowndes agrees with me) they are doing it in Careera cup, its time to bring it in V8's
No way!

There is absolutely no spectacle in watching the car in front being unable to defend his position.

Banning the defending of one's position is only ever necessary because the category formula is not right.

A driver should have to work to make a place.