Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3054503)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Team Lotus ends sponsorship deal with Group Lotus

Just when you thought that it all made some sense............

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98628
Old 6 Apr 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3054565)   #2
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Just when you thought that it all made some sense............

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98628
But its not Team Lotus from my memory but some other name.

I was wondering how long the Lotus sticker campagn would last and how many other parts of their sponsorship will last the season in other series.

Will there be another name change for Lotus F1 in the near future?

How will this effect the budget for Lotus F1(nee Genii) for the rest of the season although I can see the logic of keeping the Lotus name?

Last edited by wolfhound; 6 Apr 2012 at 17:50.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3054658)   #3
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
They were never more than Fauxtus to me anyway.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3054660)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Kimi doesn't know who runs the car, how are we supposed to know...

Renault F1, enough of this cobblers...
Old 7 Apr 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3054684)   #5
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where's Flavio when you need him......
Old 7 Apr 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3054689)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am so tired of this complete nonsense, I can not be bothered to read the latest clap trap..

Joe Saward reminded me several months ago that suggesting that Danny Blah ha should put down the crack pipe would be considered libel..

Okay so could you please stop smoking *crack* Danny...
Old 7 Apr 2012, 01:12 (Ref:3054691)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think anyone sensible could see this was a paper tiger that was going to end in a trash can somewhere.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3054715)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can tell you there are an awful lot of worried folk around where I live...2 miles from Hethel. I know several who work at Group Lotus. They seem to hear what's going on in the media, rather than at work so they tell me. Yet..the spending and building work continues...brand new revamped Hethel test track and huge new buildings going up...around the clock. At least the new owners ( when it does go belly up...) will have some fabulous new facilities. All these Lotus sponsored racing teams around the world...madness...and very few with any 'Lotus' in them at all! I mean...a 'Lotus' Lola sportscar..whatever next. Broadley was Chapman's biggest rival in small capacity sportscars and in FJ. Please retire Team Lotus now..rest on memories of the good times, that Clive and CTL do so well in historic racing.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3054738)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A more detailed account of the current goings on at Lotus.

http://www.pitpass.com/45953-Proton-...m-loan-to-team
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3054742)   #10
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame he had to deride every other motorsport journalist in his first paragraph, I stopped reading after that. What he had to say may have been interesting and informative, but not for me with that attitude.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3054743)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
It's a good deal for Lotus. They stop sponsoring Toleman, but their name stays on the car? Genii-us.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3054763)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Bahar originally wanted to construct in every series on the planet so infatuated he was with an apparently endless stream of Malaysian tax payers money. He's abandoned that idea preferring the cheap as chips strategy of stickering everything remotely on wheels and with a number on the side.

That pitpass article may very well be misleading but if it's true then through this reported loan these two sinking ships are wedded even closer together than before. It could be that the last one standing owns the other one. Either way I never saw Chapman when I looked at these organisations. Lotus might as well mean a chain of Chinese takeaways for all I see when I look at these people and their shenanigans.

You might want to change the thread title. Genii may own the rights to the 'Team Lotus' name but they aren't using it. Which is to their credit I suppose.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3054835)   #13
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brain hurts....
Old 7 Apr 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3054875)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

What a story.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3054923)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if they'll last the season?
Old 7 Apr 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3054924)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
The whole story is so confusing and becoming a total bore..
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3054956)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Kimi is in the middle of it...
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3054966)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does Tony Fernandes have anything to say about this?
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3054969)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I bet he's glad he's well out of it.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3054974)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wonder if they'll last the season?
I am sure that they will be fine, they need to concentrate on their racing, and not get drawn into this mess if at all possible..
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3054977)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I bet he's glad he's well out of it.
IMHO a little of the blame lays with the FIA who should have never excepted two teams with the same name in the first place..
Old 7 Apr 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3054978)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
IMHO a little of the blame lays with the FIA who should have never excepted two teams with the same name in the first place..
That's a very good observation.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3055067)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

"That's business, so far so good, so what ?"

That's how F1 goes.
Old 7 Apr 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3055084)   #24
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It kills me to see the Lotus name being dragged through all this. Confirms my thoughts that Fernandez would have done the name proud and Danny needs a reality check and needs to ensure he takes his meds....
Old 7 Apr 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3055095)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, if those two clowns, Bahar and Boullier do wind up cancelling each other out, Fernandes is one of the candidates in the right place to pick up the pieces. We could have the Lotus 3.0 headed up by Fernandes afterall.