Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 4 Apr 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1570803)   #1
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autodromo Sacra

I havn't posted a new track for a couple of weeks now so I thought I'd come back with a bang!
Autodromo Sacra is a 10km super-track made from 2 5.5km tracks joined together to produce a much better whole! From the start the track runs slightly downhill into 'The 90' where the track turns right. Next follows a sharp rise on the apex of the next corner, catching out the unaware. Therefore it is called 'The Runaway'! The next corner, 'Compression', is very similar to Schwalbenschwanz on the Nordschleife, but it's just a bit longer. 'Sweeper' then leads onto a long, downhill straight to 'Smiffy's Rise' where to track goes uphill through the corner. It continues rising through 'Sunset' to just before 'Drop-Away', where it does just this! 2 more fast corners, 'Woodland' & 'The Glen' then follow, continuing downhill. The track then starts to rise again through 'The Kink' to 'Spoon', one of the best overtaking oppertunities on the track. The track then turns back on itself before turning through a very fast 180 degree corner called 'The Rollercoaster' that has a large amount of camber, keeping speeds high, as the corner sweeps downhill. The fast 'Fiddler's Elbow' leads to 'The Chicane' which is based on Imola's Villeneuve Chicane-just faster! On the next straight there is a sudden crest & a jump just before the 'Serpent Esses'. The track continues downhill until it reaches 'Le ****enlit' (The dandelion), so called because the track passes through a meadow here. The track rises again suddenly on the entrance to 'Deer Leap Hairpin', forcing the cars to the outside of the track just before the apex, making this a very satisfying corner to drive. The track drops again to the 'Caroussel' before dropping further to the 'Mountain Hairpin'. Here the track starts it's ascent to the highest point on the track through a series of slow corners, all the time rising, before reaching the summit at 'Summit' corner. Here the kart tracks pit lane starts. The track descends as rapidly as it rose through the tight 'Mountain Esses' before reaching 'Double', a double right hander. This leads to the most physically challenging part of the track. There is a sudden sharp drop at 'Frustration' before a sudden rise at 'Anguish'. 'Anti-Banking' is the hardest corner on the track as the negative camber pushes the cars to the limit round the whole corner before easing through 'Link' corner. Then comes 'Banking', a banked corner (12 degrees) leading onto the next straight. There is a sudden drop at the 'Devil's Hairpin', making the braking point hard to judge, especially in the wet, before the climb through 'The Penultimate'. 'Finale' is steeply cambered, with the camber easing as the corner opens onto the start/finish straight again. This is one hell of a lap that demands all from the cars & the drivers-& me for having to type all of this!
Hope you love it as much as I do!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 4 Apr 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1570874)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like it. It would take some driving for sure
Old 5 Apr 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1571466)   #3
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks very extensive - perhaps too big. It could almost be cut in two halves that would both be good tracks. It's a very, very nice track though, class!
Old 5 Apr 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1571640)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I prefer the bottom half of it. I imagine lots of ascending and descending of steep hills etc, all pretty cool, and good for spectators
Old 5 Apr 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1571838)   #5
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha that is positive lunacy. Not my favourite A_F design, but definately something spesh - keep it up!
Old 6 Apr 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1572062)   #6
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow you realy went to town on that one didn't ya! That is lunacy i'll agree, also i too prefer the bottom half. Nice one.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1572266)   #7
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unlike most people i prefer the top half of the track. it just seems like a smoother run.
but my favourite bit is "fustration" through to "banking". it would be so cool to go on that part pf the track