Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Oct 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2562334)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Sprint Cup round 31: Lowes (Charlotte) Motor Speedway (Chase race 5)

Thankfully, this the last time we will need to refer to Charlotte Motorspeedway as Lowes MS.

Going to be a chilly weekend as cold air from Canada has moved in on the Southeast. Talking of snow in the higher elevations.

Practice 1:
JPM bumped into Jeff Burton and damage he front; needs repairs.
Mike Bliss and Ambrose at the top of the charts at 704 pm EST. 188 and change.

ENTRY LIST/q'ing ORDER
looks like they've saved the best for last in Q'ing

Saturday night racing. should be good.
i'll be in the Charlotte area this weekend but i couldn't convince my cousin to have her wedding in the infield of Lowe's MS.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 02:27 (Ref:2562422)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JJ on the pole at Lowes...what a surprise!
the old man on the front row with him.
Kahne, Kennseth and Stewart round out the top 5.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2562567)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose got a good qualifying run too - hopefully a top 10 finish is on the cards
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2562570)   #4
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wit JPM down in 18th place.. I see an aggressive weekend ahead of us!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2562579)   #5
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charlotte. Oh wonderful. Just give JJ the trophy now and save everyone else some time and effort.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2562696)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Charlotte. Oh wonderful. Just give JJ the trophy now and save everyone else some time and effort.
you just about could but alas, they don't run races on stat sheets.

LINEUP

like i said before, it's going to be cold this weekend and every driver as stated how crazy the speeds are...should be wild under the lights.

Old 16 Oct 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2562728)   #7
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
JJ hasn't won though at Charlotte since they repaved the track.

That said, JJ had an awesome qualifying run yesterday. The fastest of the year, at any track.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2562749)   #8
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I still expect Juan to be fighting it in front of the pack and making it interesting.

This is the race where the famous "Big one" is also expected right?

Well, I just hope Juan doesn't end up pilled up in any of those demolition derby type of messes.

C'mon Juan!!!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2562767)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The old man is no pushover at Charlotte either. Unfortunately I can't watch this race as I will be watching my football team get pounded into the ground.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2562776)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by race aficionado View Post
This is the race where the famous "Big one" is also expected right?
You're a couple of weeks too early - the race you are thinking of is the restrictor plate race at Talladega on the 1st of November

That said you can never tell what the double file restarts might have in store for us, as they have produced some pile-ups on the intermediate tracks that aren't much different from what we're used to seeing at the plate tracks.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2562834)   #11
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
You're a couple of weeks too early - the race you are thinking of is the restrictor plate race at Talladega on the 1st of November

That said you can never tell what the double file restarts might have in store for us, as they have produced some pile-ups on the intermediate tracks that aren't much different from what we're used to seeing at the plate tracks.
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2562932)   #12
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's when the top 35 fails, because the 3 slowest cars get to race by owner's points and PCPs. To make things worse for Denny Hamlin, the car that he was sponsoring failed to qualify; karma?
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2562972)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Jimmie Johnson, 2009 NASCAR Cup Champion!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2562985)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i believe Mark's first start was at Charlotte and he has had some good success there. i think we should expect anything to happen with a cold fast track tomorrow. it is chilly up here!

and as for the big one, i can recall a few pile ups there, most of them during the Winston/AllStar deal, but CMS is fast and can be unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
damn you! i haven't seen it yet! at least let me have the thoughts of someone else winning it!
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2562986)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The old man is no pushover at Charlotte either. Unfortunately I can't watch this race as I will be watching my football team get pounded into the ground.
GO OLD MAN!

and the Dawgs should have lost to Vandy by the time the race starts.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2562990)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
and as for the big one, i can recall a few pile ups there, most of them during the Winston/AllStar deal, but CMS is fast and can be unpredictable.
There was quite a monster shunt there in the 600 in 2007 IIRC. Jeff Gordon took a hell of a hit, thought he was in serious trouble at the time.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 22:15 (Ref:2563002)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i believe i recall that but there seems to be quite a few shunts at tracks a mile and 1/2 long and longer; too many to remember all of them.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2563003)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It was always his

Did JPM mess up Q, or has he been off the pace. He has ruined it, with 1-2 1-2 on the grid it was looking intense.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2563332)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I blame the new livery. It is slowing him down.

Pace doesn't seem all that really. Shame, I was optimistic of a good result. My birthday is ruined hehe.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2563364)   #20
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY

Quote:
I blame the new livery. It is slowing him down.

Pace doesn't seem all that really. Shame, I was optimistic of a good result. My birthday is ruined hehe.
Well have a happy birthday any way.

I'm sure Juan will have a special surprise for you - and of course to all of us who will get to partake on his birthday gift to you.

Vamos Juan!!!
Old 18 Oct 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2563465)   #21
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
JPM is FLYING.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2563474)   #22
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stupid bendy blue car ruining my chase.. mutter grumble. JPM 2 laps down.. drat.. might as well go to bed.. .or hope for freaky accident that puts him up front again... ..ack! and then the bit of red car they put on with "self tapping screws" ejects itself.. I could bodge a repair better than these nascar clowns.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2563478)   #23
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well....guess where JJ is running, and guess where the 5 and 48 are running. It may be over.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 03:56 (Ref:2563492)   #24
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by race aficionado View Post
Well have a happy birthday any way.

I'm sure Juan will have a special surprise for you - and of course to all of us who will get to partake on his birthday gift to you.

Vamos Juan!!!
Dang!
That was a sucky B present.
He was running 4th when the "tap" happened, eh?

Bad brake for Juancho.

But like he says: "That's racin'"

Bring on the next one.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2563542)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Missed the race... Did i miss much