Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3787224)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Nobody is saying that F1 and motorsport in general shouldn't try to attract women into the business. What most people with my views believe is that they shouldn't need to be dressed in figure hugging clothes that are designed purely to exaggerate their female attributes. I mean, you didn't and still don't see Claire Williams parading around in Spandex/Lycra, and she is the top women in F1.

The grid/podium girls are there mainly for males to ogle at, just as were/are the girls used to drape across the bonnets of cars at motor shows. And, in my opinion, it has no place in modern society; in fact, it never did have a place. It is just demeaning to women.
Oh, so now we are saying that women should be subject to dress standards in our new "modern society" or just when attending racing or car shows!

Are you going to set up a little fashion police squad at the gate and make the girls all parade in front of a committee to see that they are decently enough dressed to attend? You think that wouldn't be demeaning to women?

Better yet just ban women from attending races because the men may look at them!

My what a nice little police state we are proposing.

Maybe the politically correct want to live in it, I for one don't.