Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Mar 2017, 09:44 (Ref:3722749)   #2051
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Mar 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3722781)   #2052
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 31 Mar 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3722896)   #2053
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Supercars leader to feature bright Dunlop boots

should make it easier for SVG to be able to dump the contenders out of the race
Old 31 Mar 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3722906)   #2054
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Supercars leader to feature bright Dunlop boots

should make it easier for SVG to be able to dump the contenders out of the race
Why do we need this?

You can barely tell the difference in sidewall markings between the 2 compounds at speed, especiallly when the tyres are worn.. why not use this for that identification purpose?

Once you see #97 go round once, you can see who he is..
Old 31 Mar 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3722913)   #2055
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fancy waiting til April.

What a bunch of fools.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3722914)   #2056
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Fancy waiting til April.

What a bunch of fools.
Ahhhhhh...
Old 1 Apr 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3723015)   #2057
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this true or not. It is a delicate question, but did Scott McLaughlin have a brother that raced with him who was killed in a race. Not a co driver but was aiming for V8s as well
Old 1 Apr 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3723020)   #2058
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
Is this true or not. It is a delicate question, but did Scott McLaughlin have a brother that raced with him who was killed in a race. Not a co driver but was aiming for V8s as well
Motorsport Memorial (which while not perfect is the most complete source in such things) doesn't list any McLaughlin's killed in the past fifty years, and I can't find anything about it online.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3723025)   #2059
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stewart McColl?

Not to be confused with former ATCC privateer, Stuart McColl.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3723153)   #2060
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
you probably need to put that in context of why you asked or what you have heard
Old 3 Apr 2017, 02:08 (Ref:3723393)   #2061
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wanna job...

Old 3 Apr 2017, 02:10 (Ref:3723394)   #2062
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Chahda To Reapply For SuperLicence

Old 3 Apr 2017, 04:02 (Ref:3723408)   #2063
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
"I’d love the opportunity to be able to do a co-drive. It’s the way to work your way into the main game rather than just jumping straight in."

So why did he try to jump straight in?

I'm wondering if Lucas is running Taz or whoever else while holding out hope of Chahda getting the Super License so that he can get back into the intended seat?
Old 3 Apr 2017, 04:08 (Ref:3723409)   #2064
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
"I’d love the opportunity to be able to do a co-drive. It’s the way to work your way into the main game rather than just jumping straight in."

So why did he try to jump straight in?

I'm wondering if Lucas is running Taz or whoever else while holding out hope of Chahda getting the Super License so that he can get back into the intended seat?
I don't know why they can't be straight about it, or at least not say stuff people can actually check up on..

Not sure coming outside the top 10 in the Dunlop series warrants a re-look at the status of the SuperLicence either...

Would Mr Chahda fit in a F4?
Old 3 Apr 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3723424)   #2065
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure coming outside the top 10 in the Dunlop series warrants a re-look at the status of the SuperLicence either...
Do results matter when it comes to any other CAMS licence upgrade?

Surely it's mainly about proving you can drive safely
Old 3 Apr 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3723425)   #2066
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

My understanding is no, only for FIA affiliated championships
Old 3 Apr 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3723433)   #2067
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Bewdy... the possibilities of a whole grid of SuperLicence-holding David Thexton wannabees await!!
Old 3 Apr 2017, 11:53 (Ref:3723486)   #2068
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bewdy... the possibilities of a whole grid of SuperLicence-holding David Thexton wannabees await!!
Did Thexton cause any crashes or put anyone in danger?

It's pretty sad that Thexton put his money where his mouth is and entered the championship, and Bathurst, just like many many others before him had done, and still cops cr@p over a decade later for the sole reason that he wasn't the fastest on the grid.

Chahda has a budget to race in the main series, LDM want to run him, provided he proves that he can be safe and aware of his surroundings (which has been mentioned as a problem in 2016), then he should be on the grid, full stop. His ultimate race results should not matter...and anyway if he's too slow isn't there a qualifying cut-off (just like there was when Thexton raced)
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3723493)   #2069
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Granted he didn't have the latest equipment but if I recall he was a lot slower than some of the other grid fillers of the time. He also didn't qualify in very many races to have caused crashes!

I recall Richard Mork, Rodney Forbes and Paul Romano being the damage magnets around that time.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3723494)   #2070
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:

It's pretty sad that Thexton put his money where his mouth is and entered the championship, and Bathurst, just like many many others before him had done, and still cops cr@p over a decade later for the sole reason that he wasn't the fastest on the grid.

Chahda has a budget to race in the main series, LDM want to run him, provided he proves that he can be safe and aware of his surroundings (which has been mentioned as a problem in 2016), then he should be on the grid, full stop. His ultimate race results should not matter...and anyway if he's too slow isn't there a qualifying cut-off (just like there was when Thexton raced)
The qualifying cut-off when Mr Thexton was at his 'peak', was due to grid capacity.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:18 (Ref:3723499)   #2071
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I recall Richard Mork, Rodney Forbes and Paul Romano being the damage magnets around that time.
In Forbes and Romano's defense. Those 2 concentrated on damaging each other rather than the front runners.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3723500)   #2072
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
In Forbes and Romano's defense. Those 2 concentrated on damaging each other rather than the front runners.
Shame actually, both were SORDs but one of them had talent!
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3723504)   #2073
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The qualifying cut-off when Mr Thexton was at his 'peak', was due to grid capacity.
while that may be partially correct

Mr thexton did not meet the cut off at both Adelaide and Winton. and that is why he did not race at those events. Im guessing there is more that meet this criteria. however he did meet the criteria at EC which was a 35 car field
Old 3 Apr 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3723505)   #2074
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Shame actually, both were SORDs but one of them had talent!
What Mr Forbes lacked was discipline and racecraft. He was reasonably quick at times.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3723506)   #2075
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
What Mr Forbes lacked was discipline and racecraft. He was reasonably quick at times.
I personally through Romano was the wasted talent - he had it at times but his attitude and temper got the better of him, which you could say about Rodney too.