Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Jan 2001, 11:23 (Ref:56957)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Grand Prix 3 has received a mixed welcome in this place, and so I thought it would be interesting if people wrote their own reviews of it. It doesn't have to be an epic, (it can be if you like), but should be informative and have an opinion. Gentlemen, start your engines!
Old 9 Jan 2001, 03:38 (Ref:57536)   #2
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
posting in the right place

Well, I finally got GP3 a couple of weeks ago and I must say that I liked it. I was a die hard GP2 fan and had anxiously waited for this game.

I like a lot the improved graphics and the steering wheel and the support for a 3D card makes everything much nicer (I never thought that i would be running GP3 at 800*600 with full details and still keep the processor occupancy below 90%). But what I like the most is the feel of the car. I love when it gets a lot of oversteer because you can actually feel it. With Gp2 you kind of senses that the tail was drifting but it wasn't very realistic but with this game it seems that I'm using opposite lock most of the time. And how the weather behaves is just marvelous.

However, what I'm very dissapointed with 2 things.
1. Sometimes it feels that it's just an upgraded version of GP2. For instance, I would have hoped that GP3 control settings would just use the settings in windows but instead you have to set it up yourself just like in GP2 despite the fact that the latter was a DOS game. This is just an example of course.

2. The game has too many bugs. I mean, sometimes I go wide at the exit of the corner and put at least 2 wheels of the car in the grass but the grip doesn't change a bit. And this is just to name one.

But then again I guess that nowadays every ******* thing made to run on a PC is bound to have glitches thanks to the trend imposed by Mr. Gates and his company.

So I'll say that overall I'm pleased with the game. I like how it feels and I like how it looks.

BTW. Why is it that the only driver that doesn't appear is jaques Villeneuve?

Old 9 Jan 2001, 10:06 (Ref:57568)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because up until 1999 JV's management had his name copyrighted or whatever, which is why it also does not appear in the sublime F1 '97 or the atrocious F1 '98.
Old 10 Jan 2001, 08:35 (Ref:57802)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
GP3 (yes, an updated GP2) is still the best F1 simulation out there.

Sharky, like GP2, get the editors to update the game to 2000 (or 2001 ). Also there is an update V1.13 that can be downloaded from http://www.alphaf1.com/gp3

GREAT GAME!!!!
Old 11 Jan 2001, 00:16 (Ref:57940)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GrandPrix 3? Ok here goes. All of my previous F1 gaming experience has been on the Playstation and while enjoyable have never made me overly excited, and believe me i tried almost all of the titles available. Then i tried F12000 for the PC and while i thought it was better than the playstation version it still didn't live up to my expectations. Then one day while visiting this site i read about the arrival of GP3 and all the anticipation surrounding it. Interest peaked, i go and buy it.
What a Revelation! I haven't looked at my Playstation for quite a long time now. This game looks and feels (minus the G-Forces of course) like i could only imagine a real F1 scenario to feel! Not only that i acquired the editors and now there's my helmet being banged around in the Jaguars cockpit. Brilliant! The online GP3 info available is tremendous and now that i have a steering wheel for my PC my times are dropping and although i'm only racing at a semi-pro level i'm sure my Ace days aren't too far away.
In short this is the best F1 racing sim out there.