Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3212994)   #1
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wolff comments on Kubica

Read the brief on Autosport today where Wolff has a few comments about being "open to Kubica" working into DTM. Maybe I'm out of the loop on this, but my reading of the Kubica DTM test was that in the end Merc didn't offer him a seat...

But when Wolff is quoted as saying ""Robert has to shake away the devils and that is up to him," Wolff told this week's AUTOSPORT magazine" it made me wonder if Kubica may have not been up to the speed of the regular guys or, worse, he may not really be "over" the accident.

A massive shunt is bound to scare the pants of anyone, but Kubica's recovery shows he has balls, but doesn't the comment from Wolff sound...i don't know...odd?
Old 2 Mar 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3213017)   #2
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need to go and look at videos from rallies he did last year
Old 2 Mar 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3213181)   #3
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Mercedes offered him a ride but he decided to go rallying instead?
Basically Wolff is saying the door is still open for the future.
Or have I misunderstood totally?
Old 2 Mar 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3213238)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I thought Mercedes offered him a ride but he decided to go rallying instead?
Basically Wolff is saying the door is still open for the future.
Or have I misunderstood totally?
I believe what it was, was one of the DTM rounds clashed with Rally Poland which Kubica had some big sponsors lined up for.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3214047)   #5
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica signs Citroen deal to contest in 7 WRC2 events in 2013

Robert Kubica will contest the World Rally Championship's WRC2 tier in 2013, having signed a deal with Citroën. The ex-Formula 1 driver, who had been in talks with Mercedes over a potential DTM seat, will pilot a Citroën DS3 RRC at seven events.

The Pole, a former Grand Prix winner, will get his season underway by taking part in the European Rally Championship's Rally Canary Islands from March 21-23, while his primary WRC2 programme begins at Rally Portugal from April 11-14.

"I weighed up the different options before deciding on this programme," said Kubica. "I kept in touch with Citroën Racing and both sides were keen to continue working together. I’m really pleased now to be able to return to top-level racing.

"Taking part in Rally Islas Canarias will be an interesting challenge for me. I can’t wait to start racing, but I haven’t set myself any specific target. I still have a lot to learn in rallying and to improve I will need to rack up the miles on the stages."

Kubica will drive with a paddle shift gearbox throughout the 2013 campaign, with governing body the FIA permitting small cockpit modifications as he continues to recover from injuries sustained at the Ronde di Andora in early 2011.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/autosport...-with-citroen/

A good move by both parties imo.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3217281)   #6
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well surely Wolff knows what times Kubica did in the test? Or did he not take part? Sounds like he really wasn't up to speed of the other guys at the test...

If it's DTM vs WRC t2, I would have thought he'd pick DTM. Especially after his rally accident. WRC won't get him another opportunity to go single seater racing again. Even Loeb couldn't get to F1. And if there's only 1 calendar clash, why not do both?