Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Oct 2001, 23:44 (Ref:156906)   #1
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos "Dead Loss" Verstappen & Enrique "Not Piquet" Bernoldi

Am I the only person surprised here at the amount of thread space devoted to the never have been and never will be's of F1, namely Jos "The Dead Loss" Verstappen and Enrique (Not Piquet) Bernoldi?

It is drivers like these who should be making way for the likes of Sato, Wilson, Davidson, Webber etc.

Jos "The Boss". Surely an anachronism if there ever was one.Does anybody still rate Verstappen after all these years of perrennial under achievement?

Enrique Bernoldi - has he ever outqualified a team mate? Will he ever make the headlines othr than for holding up David Coulthard at Monaco?

To quote the late, great James Hunt, "These men have no place in F1".

Anyone care to present a case for the defence?
Old 7 Oct 2001, 00:37 (Ref:156911)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernoldi has outqualified Jos more than Jos has outqualified Bernoldi.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:19 (Ref:157027)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bad move, ONO.

Offending drivers is not a good idea. Are you wanting to get the fans furious with you ?
Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:43 (Ref:157040)   #4
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Bad move, ONO.

Offending drivers is not a good idea. Are you wanting to get the fans furious with you ?
i can see how the "joss" fans will be upset, but i didnt know that bernoldi had any fans...its not like he's questioning TGF's abilities.

its a tough thing this, as bernoldi HAS outqualified joss more times, but joss is such a brilliant racer. remember that he held the record for the number of overtaking moves in 2000. i think that bernoldi holds the record for holding up potential world champions this season though!!!!!
Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:52 (Ref:157044)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Youre right "Number Juan" people in Brazil hardly know Bernoldi......

And 90 GP's of under achievement and still in F1 is a real achievement

I think Tom Walkinshaw knew what he was doing when he resigned Jos for next season.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 12:04 (Ref:157051)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Number Juan, I don't remember Bernoldi holding up a potential world champion, I can only remember him holding up some guy called Coulthard
Old 7 Oct 2001, 12:28 (Ref:157061)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Number Juan, I don't remember Bernoldi holding up a potential world champion, I can only remember him holding up some guy called Coulthard

Ok, let's be constructive. So Bernoldi will be gone, who's the next in line ?
Old 7 Oct 2001, 14:33 (Ref:157099)   #8
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of people are too hard on Bernoldi. He was disliked from the moment he was announced to replace PdlR at Arrows.

Anyone that has seen him race in F-Renault, F3, F3000 knows he's good and deserves a shot at F1. Just because he doesn't start with only 10 laps of fuel doesn't mean Jos is a better racer, look at Hockenheim where they both finished - Enrique was ahead.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 14:45 (Ref:157106)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Enrique was ahead, sure, BUT:

-in all the other races where both cars finished Jos was ahead.

-Jos had the incident with Zonta

- Jos had the heavier fuel load that race, had'nt it been for the zonta incident Jos would have stopped 5 laps after Enrique did, stil Jos was 3 places ahead of Bernoldi after the start. and after his stop he closed down the gap with ease......
Old 7 Oct 2001, 15:17 (Ref:157115)   #10
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
erm who will replace bernoldi?

i cant answer that question
Old 7 Oct 2001, 15:25 (Ref:157116)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
The name that's been going round for that seat is HHF
Old 7 Oct 2001, 17:04 (Ref:157145)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

HHF will be a good choice. Will Jos outperform him ?
Old 8 Oct 2001, 12:51 (Ref:157442)   #13
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be quite frank, Enrique Bernoldi is among the crappiest drivers in the current F1 field. From the beginning he has shown little potential. But i must commend his teammate Jos Verstappen for providing us with some entertaining and exciting starts. just think of malaysia earlier this year...brilliant. Overall, i think Jos was a "Safe" option for Wilkinshaw for next year
Old 9 Oct 2001, 06:38 (Ref:157900)   #14
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ONO------>

If you want us to defend Jos Verstappen and Enrique, you have to come with some good items to defend.

Not just some Jos and Enrique Bad mouthing.

I think Jos and Enrique aren`t that bad.The things they show at the Grand Prix with there inferieur cars is not to bad at all.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 10:33 (Ref:157945)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO it's good that we discuss other drivers. Wouldn't it be a boring forum if we just discussed the careers of TGF and Mika Hakkinen?

Sure, maybe there is a bit of emphasis on a certain Enrique Bernoldi, but it creates colourful (and sometimes meaningful) dialogue.

As for the drivers themselves, Verstappen has only had one year where he's had a decent car - 1994, and that year he was only a rookie. Since then he's hardly driven anything that even delivers consistent points scoring chances.

As for Bernoldi, there has been such negativity towards him in this forum and in the press in general over some silly incident in Monaco, in which he was completely in the right for starters. Raven put it correctly - he has a great junior record. He deserves his seat.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 14:12 (Ref:158046)   #16
Fluffster
Rookie

Fluffster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos usually puts on some entertaining drives for us, but Bernoldi? For some reason I just find Bernoldi uninteresting.

I wish he were as interested in racing the car in front of him as the ones he's holding up.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 14:44 (Ref:158054)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Jos "Dead Loss" Verstappen & Enrique "Not Piquet" Bernoldi

Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
Am I the only person surprised here at the amount of thread space devoted to the never have been and never will be's of F1, namely Jos "The Dead Loss" Verstappen and Enrique (Not Piquet) Bernoldi?

You should be pleasantly surprised. Its quite a "non-conformist" attitude that the fans of these drivers take!