Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2005, 02:01 (Ref:1417514)   #1
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wish list of cars to be made to gt1 cars

ok it's nearing the end of the year and it is the start of when teams will annouce their plans and cars and when new teams and new cars are announced for the next season. but also there are new production cars that i would love to be made into GT1 cars for lemans, lmes, alms, and fia gt for example the 2005 noble m14 and the 2006 viper srt-10 coupe. i think the noble M14 would make a great GT1 car, the car has great aerodynamics and handles beautifully. plus the twin turbo duratec V6 is a proven design and lee noble has refined that engine over the past 5 years. also the engine can be enlarged to 3.5 liters. and about the viper it has a new hard top that is more aerodynamic and seeing how the old viper was a successful race car and still in use in some championships for exapmle BELCAR i think the new one will be even better. only thing is that they would have to destroke the v10 from 8.3 to 8 liters but that is no big deal. so here is a list and i'll try to provide links to photos of production cars

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
http://fast-autos.net/dodge/coupe.jpg
2006 Ford GT
http://fast-autos.net/ford/gtheritage.jpg
2005 Koenigsegg CCR
http://fast-autos.net/koenigsegg/ccr.jpg
2006 Mercedes Benz SLR
http://fast-autos.net/mercedes/slrmclaren3.jp
2006 Noble M14
http://fast-autos.net/noble/m14.jpg
2006 Porsche Carrera GT
http://fast-autos.net/porsche/carrera19.jpg

that's all i could think of, feel free to add more.
Old 27 Sep 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1417637)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The Galardo and the Viper would be nice ! And a Porsche 911 in GT1 would be cool , a factory developed 911 i mean
Old 27 Sep 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1417648)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
- Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
- BMW M6
- Porsche 911 Turbo
- Spyker C12
- Jaguar XK (the new one)
- Koenigsegg CCR
- Ford GT
Old 28 Sep 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1418462)   #4
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how much longer till a new Saleen s7? Callaway C12 maybe, thats stretching
Old 28 Sep 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1418509)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wish they could have gotten that Pagani Zonda working , that sounded great !
Old 28 Sep 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1419493)   #6
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah it's a shame they didn't get the pagoni working. i do recall at the lemans test day in 2004 they were running a 7 liter V12. if only they stuck with it and concentrated on developing it it would have been a great car, it looks great and sounded great plus the roadcar itself has awsome aerodynamics. horacio pagoni just needed to get involved more.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1419503)   #7
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd give nearly anything to see a Jaguar GT1, the supercharged XK that's on the distant horizon would be an ideal candidate. Someone tell Jag to borrow a DBR9 from next door and change the bodypanels.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1420871)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I'd give nearly anything to see a Jaguar GT1, the supercharged XK that's on the distant horizon would be an ideal candidate. Someone tell Jag to borrow a DBR9 from next door and change the bodypanels.

Racing in purple and white too.........
Old 1 Oct 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1421570)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Racing in purple and white too.........
Yeah ..... with Wallace-Lammers in one of'em !!!

I was watching the Pagani testing at the Le Mans aerodrome a couple days before the race that year . They were running high speed tests and the sound of that engine at full chat was just incredible . Damn shame they never got that car and that engine package working .
Some Check team has just bought one to race in the italian gt championship i think . Will it be the same engine ?
Old 3 Oct 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1423244)   #10
Shady#30
Rookie

Shady#30 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent been here much lately but I can never turn down an opportunity to say:

BMW M3
Old 4 Oct 2005, 09:05 (Ref:1423478)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
in GT1 ?? . don't think so .. maybe GT2 ..

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Oct 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1423683)   #12
Shady#30
Rookie

I would expect the new generation M3 to be more of a GT1 competitor than a GT2 car.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1423707)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady#30
I would expect the new generation M3 to be more of a GT1 competitor than a GT2 car.
I think BMW will be more concerned about putting the M6 into the GT1 class - if that project is still on...?

Not sure what BMW will want to do with the new M3 when it arrives - as in the possible M6 GT1 project already, also BMW's commitment to F1, and also when could we expect to see some E90's in the WTCC?
Old 4 Oct 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1423710)   #14
Petrick
Rookie

Petrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was Carrera GT with racing stripes etc in Spa during BelCar last weekend. Some dutch team is going to race with that 2006 It was still normal production car there though.

News (dutch) , dutch -> english Well, you have to find that post there..

Is it possible to use that car in Fia GT, LMES etc or just for some series that has more "free" rules like BelCar.

I tried to find this news, but i hope wasn't old
Old 4 Oct 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1423717)   #15
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think news of that is already around on this section of the forum. I'd like to see it in LMES, but I don't think it would be that suitable for FIA GT - not without Porsche backing anyway. Shame British GT doesn't have it's GT1 class anymore - would have been an ideal place to show it off as well as Belcar
Old 4 Oct 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1423788)   #16
Shady#30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I think BMW will be more concerned about putting the M6 into the GT1 class - if that project is still on...?

Not sure what BMW will want to do with the new M3 when it arrives - as in the possible M6 GT1 project already, also BMW's commitment to F1, and also when could we expect to see some E90's in the WTCC?
The e90 car for WTCC is ready to go for next season, they put some press/photos out a few weeks ago. (At least one SWC team has also started developing an e90). Im guessing they'll get that underway, then pull out of WTCC and just supply cars to customers, leaving resources to get back into real GT racing. I dont see any reason why they couldnt do an M3 and M6 program simultaneously, with the M6 starting first since they are further along with that car than the new M3. Realistically they would do one in GT1 and GT2 but hey this said wish list didnt it?
Old 4 Oct 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1423998)   #17
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady#30
The e90 car for WTCC is ready to go for next season, they put some press/photos out a few weeks ago. (At least one SWC team has also started developing an e90). Im guessing they'll get that underway, then pull out of WTCC and just supply cars to customers, leaving resources to get back into real GT racing. I dont see any reason why they couldnt do an M3 and M6 program simultaneously, with the M6 starting first since they are further along with that car than the new M3. Realistically they would do one in GT1 and GT2 but hey this said wish list didnt it?
Not sure about that now they've taken over Sauber, meaning they've got quite a bit more to do than just supplying engines.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 03:23 (Ref:1424123)   #18
Shady#30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Not sure about that now they've taken over Sauber, meaning they've got quite a bit more to do than just supplying engines.
Shh don't ruin my plans, I've worked hard on them!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 03:40 (Ref:1424129)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
It sounds to me like BMW (PTG?) will be in the ALMS with their new GT2 (S2) class.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1424363)   #20
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars we're really missing are:

Ford GT, Zonda,Enzo, Koinigsegg(?), Veyron, Dauer EB110, B Engineering Edonis, Bristol Fighter, Carrera Gt.... and that Gumpert Apollo.

the more the merrier!

oh, and the Fenomenon Stratos when it's ready!
Old 5 Oct 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1424439)   #21
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Subaru Impreza.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1424630)   #22
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the Bentley Continental GT? I can't believe nobody has suggested it yet.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1424726)   #23
Shady#30
Rookie

Yuck I dont ever want to see more Bentley GTs than I'm already subjected to at home.
Old 5 Oct 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1424753)   #24
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic
What about the Bentley Continental GT? I can't believe nobody has suggested it yet.
With that weight it should go into truckracing :P

Audi does DTM already. These new Bentleys are Audi's with a Bentley badge anyways, they don't have the character of the old Bentleys anymore (arnage/azure/continental t/older).

Just my 2 cents...
Old 6 Oct 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1425122)   #25
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not turn this into a Bentley Continental GT bash - but it is a lot of money for a VW. I can't wait for the Skoda and Seat versions!!!