Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2010, 05:09 (Ref:2684047)   #26
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The funny thing from Brights perspective is that what he's talking about has nothing to do with what he's talking about.

i.e Dropping Britek has nothing to do with 888 dominating.

I'd imagine he'd be just as bitter if Ford had taken the Britek money and invested further in 888...
Old 5 May 2010, 05:16 (Ref:2684615)   #27
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Theres a big difference between being bankrupt, and almost being bankrupt.....

Like i said, no-one knows what the dollars are in his situation, so suggesting all is well just because he still has a REC, isn't really an accurate statement.
Another swing and a miss.....
Read his interview. He himself said he nearly went bankrupt... Not that he did actually go bankrupt because even the slowest of us on here would know the difference betweem the two.
Bright chose disclose his financial situation in a trade mag. I think Bright has more of an idea what his financial staus is unless your his accountant, which if you are, your doing a **** job.
Old 5 May 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2684701)   #28
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Another swing and a miss.....
Read his interview. He himself said he nearly went bankrupt... Not that he did actually go bankrupt because even the slowest of us on here would know the difference betweem the two.
Bright chose disclose his financial situation in a trade mag. I think Bright has more of an idea what his financial staus is unless your his accountant, which if you are, your doing a **** job.
What are you on about? Someone said they'd love to be in possession of a REC and that he couldn't have possibly been 'almost' bankrupt.....

Thats what my reply was to
Old 6 May 2010, 03:37 (Ref:2685117)   #29
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://blog.motorstv.co.uk/485-jason...and-fords.html

Jason hits back

very true and well writen
Old 6 May 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2685130)   #30
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so who here is Notso's Dad?
Old 6 May 2010, 05:18 (Ref:2685138)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Thats what I was just thinking whilst reading that....
Old 6 May 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2685141)   #32
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Implying he's actually posted here, as opposed to just 'viewing' the forum.
Old 6 May 2010, 06:54 (Ref:2685155)   #33
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Implying he's actually posted here, as opposed to just 'viewing' the forum.
damn lurkers
Old 6 May 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2685164)   #34
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, some of you are incredible. Now Jasons dad is a "damn lurker", just because you don't know what user-name he uses on here. Ha!

I think Jason is entitled to be upset, fact is Ford did the dirty on him. My preference is Ford, I drive a Ford, but I wished Jason had of gone with a Holden deal in 05, because he may still be driving for Britek today.

Steve

Last edited by krypto71; 6 May 2010 at 07:16.
Old 6 May 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2685216)   #35
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would think he is talking about this forum, rather than the kindergarten
Old 6 May 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2685227)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
He definately knows about this forum......a few years ago I had dealings with someone and was given inside info on what was about to occur with him and other drivers/personell, there was no strings attached at the time so I leaked them on this forum.......well let's just say I no longer have dealings with that person and Jason was suspicious that they were the leak.......I always wondered how it worked out between those two.
Old 6 May 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2685257)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well jason's dad is from the valley, I live in the valley, i will go and hunt him down (well its not that hard i seem him around often)
Old 6 May 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2685270)   #38
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well jason's dad is from the valley, I live in the valley, i will go and hunt him down (well its not that hard i seem him around often)
Is Moe in the valley?......that's where he is from isn't it?
Old 6 May 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2685277)   #39
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
correct, well techinically its the top of the hill coming into the (latrobe) valley but its considered of be part of it, its just our crap flows up hill
Old 6 May 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2685693)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you read the daily Telegraph article, it is almost identical to other articicles written in conjunction with Mr Bright about the same subject.

The piece that makes no sense is that the opportunity with Mr Phelps should have been a positive one, where the 150th round was discussed, and a revisit of the highlights & lowlights was on the table.

Sure it may have become a "puff piece", but is that a better or worse outcome than the discussion here, blaming a lot of people for things that the bloke at the top should actually be fully accountable for?

As for where this stuff was read from, well this thread is quite mild compared to ones elsewhere...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2685710)   #41
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

I don't know if he uses the same nick here, but there's a champcarman over on kindy that has been identifies as such.
Old 7 May 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2685723)   #42
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The automotive landscape has changed since Ford first got involved in Jason Bright’s Britek. In the time that Ford had been 'blessed' with the Britek’s involvement in the Ford family, Ford's market share has gone down, particularly with the Falcon.

Something had to give, so the lowest performing teams had to go and certainly Britek, was one of the lower performing teams.

How could Ford justify pumping the reported enormous amounts of money into Britek for so little result, and press reports indicate they simply did not make the deal’s performance criteria for the deal to continue anyway. How can Jason Bright complain if that is correct?

So far Jason Bright's performances under the wing of the Holden supported Brad Jones Racing, in a HRT built car, have justified Ford's decision to drop him.

Moving from a team like Stone Brothers which has won championships, to a team like Brad Jones Racing which has achieved nothing in V8 Supercars, other than flash-in-the-pan performances at Bathurst, is not very bright.

Burning your bridges, with one of only two manufacturers who have consistently shown interest in motor sport Australia is not very bright.

You could also argue that basing a business model on the continued massive involvement of a manufacturer is also not very bright.

I'm glad you Holden guys have Mr. Bright now; good luck!
Old 7 May 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2685725)   #43
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Something had to give, so the lowest performing teams had to go and certainly Britek, was one of the lower performing teams.
T8 weren't exactly a low performing team, yet they got cut aswell.
Old 7 May 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2685733)   #44
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
T8 weren't exactly a low performing team, yet they got cut aswell.
One has to suspect that there was more to that decision than meets the eye...
Old 7 May 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2685738)   #45
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
One has to suspect that there was more to that decision than meets the eye...
My bad, don't really want to start that debate again.

Was just pointing out, that the people who make the decisions havn't made very good ones.
Old 7 May 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2685740)   #46
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
Wow, some of you are incredible. Now Jasons dad is a "damn lurker", just because you don't know what user-name he uses on here. Ha!

I think Jason is entitled to be upset, fact is Ford did the dirty on him. My preference is Ford, I drive a Ford, but I wished Jason had of gone with a Holden deal in 05, because he may still be driving for Britek today.

Steve
Thanks for that Steve, however unfortunately there is no tongue-in-cheek emoticon/smilie, but take my post to have whatever meaning you wish
Old 7 May 2010, 01:22 (Ref:2685742)   #47
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Thanks for that Steve, however unfortunately there is no tongue-in-cheek emoticon/smilie, but take my post to have whatever meaning you wish
: + p =

You're welcome!
Old 7 May 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2685781)   #48
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
: + p =

You're welcome!
no that's tongue-out-of-cheek
Old 7 May 2010, 05:33 (Ref:2685785)   #49
krypto71
Racer

Quote:
The automotive landscape has changed since Ford first got involved in Jason Bright’s Britek. In the time that Ford had been 'blessed' with the Britek’s involvement in the Ford family, Ford's market share has gone down, particularly with the Falcon.

How could Ford justify pumping the reported enormous amounts of money into Britek for so little result, and press reports indicate they simply did not make the deal’s performance criteria for the deal to continue anyway. How can Jason Bright complain if that is correct?

So far Jason Bright's performances under the wing of the Holden supported Brad Jones Racing, in a HRT built car, have justified Ford's decision to drop him.

Moving from a team like Stone Brothers which has won championships, to a team like Brad Jones Racing which has achieved nothing in V8 Supercars, other than flash-in-the-pan performances at Bathurst, is not very bright.

Burning your bridges, with one of only two manufacturers who have consistently shown interest in motor sport Australia is not very bright.

You could also argue that basing a business model on the continued massive involvement of a manufacturer is also not very bright.

I'm glad you Holden guys have Mr. Bright now; good luck!
Well however you want to spin it, history now shows that Jason would have been better to do a deal to drive a Holden for 2005 and beyond.

I can understand how he must feel. He had aspirations for many years to own and drive for his own team. As far as I know, Jasons original intention was not to drive for another team in 2005.

FPR needed a great driver to help get them to the front of the field, and they managed to secure Jasons services with the contract that included the Britek deal. Brighty certainly got FPR to race winning form. He also stayed for the two years so to me, that shows that he lived up to and exceeded his end of the deal.

It can't have come as a shock to Ford when he left to drive for Britek in 2007. It also shouldn't comes as a surprise to all the people that caned him for leaving FPR. They may have been a winning team, but turning Britek into a winning team was never going to happen whilst he was driving for FPR.

Add to that, the other major component to the Britek sponsorship package was Fujitsu, and I am sure that they would have been applying pressure to get their star driver in their colours.

That two years at FPR as good as it was for me as a Ford/Bright fan, was the worst thing that could have happened for Britek. It took away two years worth of development. I am behind Jason all the way. I hope one day he can get back into his own car, and put the ugly Ford mess behind him.

Steve
Old 7 May 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2685786)   #50
krypto71
Racer

Quote:
Sorry mate.