Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Dec 2017, 05:58 (Ref:3784479)   #241
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
...other than vast amount of signage that had to be placed and low priority for labelling a gate as 1 (or 2 or 3 or whatever).

There were maps up around the place and surely anyone who came in via one entrance would at least know how to get back to that place for exit?

I'm struggling to understand the problem GTR?
I saw one map, as i was leaving on sunday

I was great suprised they didnt open up the track after the races to let people out

Looking forward to 8 fords in 2018
Old 1 Dec 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3784484)   #242
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I saw one map, as i was leaving on sunday

I was great suprised they didnt open up the track after the races to let people out
I saw a few maps around - didn't count them though so can't provide an idea of how many.

They did open the track up for people to walk up Wharf Street, think King Street too.

I'd suggest too many gates and too much risk management to open up the whole track.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3784498)   #243
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
...other than vast amount of signage that had to be placed and low priority for labelling a gate as 1 (or 2 or 3 or whatever).

There were maps up around the place and surely anyone who came in via one entrance would at least know how to get back to that place for exit?

I'm struggling to understand the problem GTR?
A group of 10 not from Newcastle, asking them to meet at gate 1 when it doesn’t say Gate 1, and them asking (several) yellow jacketed volunteers along the way where Gate 1 was, and being told the wrong information... more than once... there was hassle and additional walking that didn’t need to be there.

It was sorted primarily only because they found a police officer and asked him..
There were plenty of them around at the weekend.

Easier when you are there, can pin the location, and use the technology to bring you back there the next day...
Wherever you go, there you are..
Old 1 Dec 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3784607)   #244
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Nice track.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 02:57 (Ref:3784659)   #245
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A group of 10 not from Newcastle, asking them to meet at gate 1 when it doesn’t say Gate 1, and them asking (several) yellow jacketed volunteers along the way where Gate 1 was, and being told the wrong information... more than once... there was hassle and additional walking that didn’t need to be there.

It was sorted primarily only because they found a police officer and asked him..
There were plenty of them around at the weekend.

Easier when you are there, can pin the location, and use the technology to bring you back there the next day...
Most likely security in the yellow hi viz vest rather than event volunteers.
All event volunteers and race officials have a little handbook with circuit layout maps included - I am suprised that security didn't have the same booklet or unfortunately chose not to check the map.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3784693)   #246
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
”It took 3 penalties to beat us..” - Mr Story

Ignores of course the 3 errors made by his pilot...
Old 2 Dec 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3784699)   #247
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
”It took 3 penalties to beat us..” - Mr Story

Ignores of course the 3 errors made by his pilot...
I would say 4 errors (the 4th being letting lowndes up the inside)

Looking forward to 8 fords in 2018
Old 2 Dec 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3784706)   #248
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I would say 4 errors (the 4th being letting lowndes up the inside)
I'd add a fifth.

The celebration after the Saturday race.

I can't help but feel they thought that they had done all they needed to do.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3784709)   #249
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I'd add a fifth.

I had wondered that too.

The year ain’t over til the last lap of the last race and all penalties are tallied & issued.

Inexperienced at this level?
Old 2 Dec 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3784710)   #250
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just got around to watching the Sunday race, really no hurry once you know the outcome, great race. There's one thing that I don't seem to see though.

If all that went down was just and fair and all the officialdom decisions were correct, what happened with the Blanchard incident.

After clearly punting Blanchard into a half spin and the tyres to make the pass, Lowndes shouldn't have even been a contender at the end.

Did I miss something?

Wouldn't it be a 15sec time panalty at least.

They even replayed it but it didn't get a mention at all.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3784797)   #251
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I'd add a fifth.

They were celebrating the Teams Championship Win, not the Drivers Championship!
Old 2 Dec 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3784802)   #252
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
They were celebrating the Teams Championship Win, not the Drivers Championship!
Either way, it released some of the pressure
Plenty of time to celebrate that the next day
Old 3 Dec 2017, 00:57 (Ref:3784829)   #253
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[VASC17R25R26] Coates Hire Newcastle 500:24-26 Nov

Been a while since the team have been in the race for the title at the last round & of course 1st time for the pilot.
They’ll probably be right for it another time.
Of course, the title is more than one weekend & given their pace, DJRTP arguably should have won it before they all arrived for Newy.
Plenty of lessons for 2018 & no doubt 888 will be working hard to get pace back.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 02:29 (Ref:3784841)   #254
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts exactly.

Too many silly mistakes over the course of the season, and not always capitalising on their sheer pace. An inconsistant team mate wouldn't have helped either.

Triple Eight weren't perfect though, but they made fewer mistakes and SVG played a much bigger part in Whincup's championship, and not just last Sunday.