Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Apr 2001, 16:43 (Ref:86688)   #1
mptckr
Rookie

mptckr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington

What a great win for Andre Lotterer and a superb 1-2 for Jaguar. I wasnt there so was it any good? I shall be at Oulton Park though to hopefully see Jaguar win again!!!!
Old 29 Apr 2001, 17:03 (Ref:86694)   #2
Paddock Spy
Rookie

Paddock Spy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, a good win for the Jaguar F3 team, but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Sato not been taken out by Davies. The story from the first race said it all. Japanese domination of the British F3 Championship is just around the corner!! Hell, they've been taking care of the sharp-end of the grid with their engines for many years now. SATO - TORA, TORA, TORA. And then what for next year? F3000? No chance - straight to Formula One for you my lad and no mistake.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 22:21 (Ref:86837)   #3
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its about time there were some decent japanese drivers in f3 i remember in about 1996 or so when i was working on a breakdown truck at thruxton and we picked this guy up 4 times in one afternoon in testing followed by another 3 guys and guess what they were all japs and it got to a stage where it was comical!!

like Sato should be one for the future agreed!!

like to see my jags kick ass - although my fav driver brunni is still in with a shout so hes still my tip for the title not sure about the top but the title anyway!!
Old 30 Apr 2001, 12:24 (Ref:86992)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so sato was taken out by mr davies in race 2....i was wondering where davies was, thought maybe his budget had run out and it was just plain bad luck that he was not at donington......

congrats to andre lotterer though for his win, good work by james courtney......has anyone even mentioned derek hayes as a possible champion!
Old 30 Apr 2001, 12:32 (Ref:87002)   #5
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
your right about Hayes mounting a stealth attack on the championship, but I still think takuma is going to be the man, I mean he's had a **** start to the season, missed out on three podiums (at Silverstone, Snet and Donny) through DNF's and is still within a good weekend of the championship lead. It is proving to be a good years racing though.
Old 30 Apr 2001, 17:12 (Ref:87120)   #6
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is everyone in the UK so hot on James courtney?

I don't think he's done much of note this season, considering he has so much financial backing and he's with such a high profile team.

He's got a big head and a mediocre talent - like so many of the boys pushed into the limelight by big budgets (button?).
Old 1 May 2001, 09:50 (Ref:87462)   #7
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LHR
Why is everyone in the UK so hot on James courtney?

I don't think he's done much of note this season, considering he has so much financial backing and he's with such a high profile team.

He's got a big head and a mediocre talent - like so many of the boys pushed into the limelight by big budgets (button?).
I think you might find that our most vociferous Courtney fans are in fact Antipodean. As for how good he is, I'm still reserving judgement.
Old 1 May 2001, 23:16 (Ref:87773)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
fair go LHR, james won the formula ford title convincingly and has already won a formula 3 race.......as for him having a big budget, i'm sure the jaguar team does, but i have never heard of an australian car driver having huge financial backing, i thought these drivers usually came from south america...

LHR would you be a matt davies fan by any chance?
Old 9 May 2001, 23:36 (Ref:90877)   #9
F3-is-cool
Rookie

F3-is-cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davies Nah! Hayes Maybe

I am not 100% sure about sato's consistency he seems to be a bit to kamakazi for my liking.

Matt Davies has skill with out doubt but I think the added hassle when i comes to funding is taking it's strain.

Hayes could prove that consistancy pays providing he can stay in the top 4 and move forward then he could be there or there abouts come silverstone in septemeber.

My stalking horse is the much miligned Bruce Jouanny. He was quick in FPA against Hayes etc and seems at last to have got his head screwed on.

I also over heard a conversation about him in the red gate lodge at doni - I think it was some of his handlers and some sponsors they kept banging on about him being a complete package as apposed to Hayes or Davies etc.
Old 10 May 2001, 08:04 (Ref:90935)   #10
Marshal
Veteran

Re: Davies Nah! Hayes Maybe

Quote:
Originally posted by F3-is-cool
I am not 100% sure about sato's consistency he seems to be a bit to kamakazi for my liking.....
Ah, I think that's one of the things I like about him, a real racer, easily the best overtaker in current F3 And he's bloody fast.

And welcome F3-is-cool, hope you enjoy posting here on 10 Tenths

Last edited by Marshal; 10 May 2001 at 08:07.
Old 11 May 2001, 10:39 (Ref:91192)   #11
LHR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by gomick

as for him having a big budget, i'm sure the jaguar team does, but i have never heard of an australian car driver having huge financial backing, i thought these drivers usually came from south america...
And the fact that his manager is a multi millionaire who used to own TOCA means he has no personal financial backing? I don't think so. You have to ask why this man didn't choose to sponsor a British driver.

Quote:
Originally posted by gomick

LHR would you be a matt davies fan by any chance?
Certainly not. Sato all the way.
Old 11 May 2001, 22:12 (Ref:91362)   #12
F3-is-cool
Rookie

F3-is-cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LHR
[B]

And the fact that his manager is a multi millionaire who used to own TOCA means he has no personal financial backing? I don't think so. You have to ask why this man didn't choose to sponsor a British driver.
Alan Gow is an Aussie Multi Millionare!!!!
Old 14 May 2001, 15:38 (Ref:92337)   #13
LHR
Rookie

Nothing like a bit of nepotism, eh?