Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Feb 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3032918)   #76
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
There is signifant difference between driving and competing in FR2.0 and Formula 3 - engineering, testing time, setting up wise. Europ F3 is good value for money and will teach you much more than F2/FR2.0.
That's real difference.
What you probably ignore is that there is not devellopment work which can be done on the cars. All parts fitted on the Euro Open F3 have to come from Dallara wihtout any modification. Which is already "irrelevant" for a championship called F3.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3033647)   #77
thommybhoy21
Rookie

thommybhoy21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, just to add to your list of drivers, wasn't Kevin ceccon at the f1 young drivers test, formerly of european formula 3 open!
Old 1 Mar 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3033685)   #78
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course he was. 19 cars for the Winter race btw, proof that a clever idea is sellable even at such hard times
Old 1 Mar 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3033695)   #79
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i do wonder sometimes whether powers that be in one series or another should consider doing an april-july and august-november pair of series to break down the costs a bit more. 19 cars for a couple of races with no real title at stake is an interesting demonstration. it may devalue the title of the series, but if something is suffering from very low grids perhaps it'd not be all that daft an idea.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3033726)   #80
thommybhoy21
Rookie

And may I add Thor Christian ebbesvik who drove In lemans for the last 2seasons and quite possably this season too, but then again euro f3 open doesn't produce good drivers crewy:
Old 1 Mar 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3033777)   #81
META4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thommybhoy21 View Post
And may I add Thor Christian ebbesvik who drove In lemans for the last 2seasons and quite possably this season too, but then again euro f3 open doesn't produce good drivers crewy:
I hardly believe he is getting paid for that, i would rather think he pays to drive...

F3 is just a stepping stone for other "major" series. The big difference is that some F3 championships produces more drivers who are able to go from "paying driver" to "paid driver" at the end.

This is the way you can rate a championship as "good" and other one as "average".

When some peoples on this forum try to convince others that Euro Open is the best F3 championship then i think it is my right to put theirs feet back on the ground.

Look at the records, finishing top 5 in British F3 or F3 Euroseries was so far much more rated than winning in Euro Open F3.Maybe things will change...

Once again i have nothing against Euro Open F3.

BTW, the entry list from Paul Ricard Winter Serie really made my day i had to google most of the names to find out which background these drivers had.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3033820)   #82
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But nobody has said it is the best series out there. Frankly, no F3 championship deserves this title.
F3 Euro Open is for those drivers who can't afford to step into GP3/F3ES or BF3 and since the leaders in Eurocup or Abarth are spending close to or over the budgets for Euro Open, they obviously have the funds to go on in GP3/F3ES/BF3. The same applies for the Italian and German F3s, but it doesn't mean the drivers are less talented, just less rich.
I think this Winter Series is a great idea, especially for those drivers that work to get some budget. You go testing, get to race in the afternoon and get exposure for this. Every championship should take notice. I have never heard of anyone getting sponsorship for testing in the cold. You get more people involved when you have more races and ultimately the drivers want to race! I don't know what happened in the mid 90's with this idea of double/triple rounds, more and more testing and so on. 15 rounds with little testing sounds much better than 8 rounds with 15 days of testing.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3033873)   #83
thommybhoy21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by META4 View Post
I hardly believe he is getting paid for that, i would rather think he pays to drive...

F3 is just a stepping stone for other "major" series. The big difference is that some F3 championships produces more drivers who are able to go from "paying driver" to "paid driver" at the end.

This is the way you can rate a championship as "good" and other one as "average".

When some peoples on this forum try to convince others that Euro Open is the best F3 championship then i think it is my right to put theirs feet back on the ground.

Look at the records, finishing top 5 in British F3 or F3 Euroseries was so far much more rated than winning in Euro Open F3.Maybe things will change...

Once again i have nothing against Euro Open F3.

BTW, the entry list from Paul Ricard Winter Serie really made my day i had to google most of the names to find out which background these drivers had.
Look, as said above, were not saying euro f3 open is the best, but it is defanetly getting up there, all top circuits, good value for money, live tv etc.
Might not be the best bit when you have a full grid for the season and some championships are struggling for 20 let alone 10 like the euro series, makes you wonder eh?
Old 2 Mar 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3034149)   #84
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The number of drivers that get PAID to race is very very very very small. Even some F1 drivers have to pay, even if that is ultimately by bringing a sponsor to the team.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3034997)   #85
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
19 cars at Paul Ricard with the first race for the F312 although supposedly not quite legal.

Alex Lynn (Team West-tec) took the overall spoils with two podiums, with the individual wins going to Noel Jamal (Cedars) and Mars Granhagen (Villota).

The F312 driven by Gianmarco Raimondo took second on the road in race 2.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3035014)   #86
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official Livestream (without Geoblock)
Old 4 Mar 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3035017)   #87
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
Official Livestream (without Geoblock)
Think that the live TV coverage is main series only.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3035050)   #88
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So John, how was the racing? I suppose the races were w/ the DRS working on?
Old 4 Mar 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3035058)   #89
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the DRS has been delayed until 2013 due to issues beyond the organisers control.

But the racing was great. Race two had a real four car battle for the lead with good clean passing moves, both on the Mistral and through the twistier bits.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3035274)   #90
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think we all know that British F3 is the best F3 championship in the world, and will be for a long time. Its history is too rich to be be classed as an 'underrated' series.

To then describe any other F3 series the 'worst series', which I think Meta4 is trying do, just requires too many areas to be covered.

I will allow you all to browse the internet at your own pleasure to find the ORIGINAL source (none Wikipedia! Although the information has been included onto the Wiki page). It states:

"The FIA F3 International Trophy, Formula 3 Euro Series, British F3, Italien F3, All-Japan F3 and European Open F3 are considered to be the 'Principal Series' of F3 at International level. The German F3, Austrain F3, Nordic F3 Masters, Australian F3 and Sudamericana F3 Series are all considered to be 'Non-Principal Series' of F3 at National level." Note end of quotation. All other series, in my oppinion, are considered to be 'Clubman' series.

Surely in this day and age of image concious teams, drivers and sponsors, status is everything? Big budgets, flash trucks and transporters, professional looking garage and awning presentation, smartly presented and organised team personel. TV coverage is a must for big sponsors, with Euro Open F3 clearly having the worlds best TV coverage, FACT. All but 1 round televised live, partners with F2 and Euro Open GT.

As I have been present at both (and on more than one occasion) Euro Open F3 and German F3 rounds, seen the teams, seen the grids, watched the races, I can consider that as an average throughout the entire championship, EOF3 is far ahead as being a better series.

I'll get me coat...

Last edited by youngoldy; 5 Mar 2012 at 10:27. Reason: Paw spelling
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3035308)   #91
META4
Veteran

I think the Wikipedia pages needs a serious Update
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3035317)   #92
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The FIA F3 International Trophy, Formula 3 Euro Series, British F3, All-Japan F3 and European Open F3 are considered to be the 'Principal Series' of F3 at International level and use contempory chassis.

The German F3, Italian F3, Austrian F3, Nordic F3 Masters, Australian F3 and Sudamericana F3 Series are all considered to be 'Non-Principal Series' of F3 and use older, obsolete chassis.

Only the Principal Series are FIA Authorised, the rest run under National permits and rules.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3035322)   #93
edenrace
Racer

edenrace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To run to FIA status you must utilise the FIA approved engine therefore only the Euroseries, Japanese F3 and British F3 series are eligible.
Old 5 Mar 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3035329)   #94
JohnMiller
Veteran

To clarify to anyone interested, European F3 Open IS an "FIA Authorised Series" and run and administered as such, but does not run to full FIA engine F3 rules as a cost-cutting measure.

Last edited by JohnMiller; 5 Mar 2012 at 12:16.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3035828)   #95
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am not feeding the trolol @JohnMiller just say what I know.
@METAFOUR I think I know answer to your claims, most of it at least. Why do people chose Euro Cup, BF3, etc.? Because people think they'll have better chance of being recognised by FR3.5, GP2 teams. Which is false claim IMO, all that matters is if you pay your bills in GP2, etc. If not that recognision from euroseries, eurocups mean nothing.

Spanish series is extreme good value for money in F3 standards with good teams, European circuits, lot of testing opportunities.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3035888)   #96
META4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post

Spanish series is extreme good value for money in F3 standards with good teams, European circuits, lot of testing opportunities.

Can anybody give us some figures to judge if it is really good value for money?
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3035911)   #97
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you seem to be determined to argue against the f3 open series - what's the reason behind that? do you know someone who has had a bad experience with the series or something like that?
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3035915)   #98
META4
Veteran

Not at all, and i already said severall times i have nothing against F3 Euro Open. peoples are saying this championship is good value for money , i am trying to understand if it is really or not.

Bring some figures
Old 6 Mar 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3036087)   #99
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OK mate, let's say an energy drink company or a oil company place their drivers in Spanish based series, simply due to budget requirements. That's before placing them in GP2 and 3.5S. It would change most people's view on European Formula 3 Open, wouldn't it?

Your point is, there are no posh backers and young guns with bril talent in the series. There may not be Red Bull there (yet!), might not be the likes Sainz, but trust me they may get next Nasr to sign with them.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3036173)   #100
steve55
Rookie

steve55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not at all, and i already said severall times i have nothing against F3 Euro Open. peoples are saying this championship is good value for money , i am trying to understand if it is really or not.

Bring some figures
Budgets are a third of British F3. VERY good value