Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Nov 2014, 13:18 (Ref:3472484)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The End Of The Line for Marussia

Not good news folks Marussia Formula 1 team have ceased trading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29954250

Sad news and thoughts with everyone who has lost there jobs.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3472485)   #2
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Well if Marussia didn't get any interested buyers with the prospect of receiving FOM cash at the end of the year, then prospects for Caterham must be nil.

Most observers regarded Marussia as a much better platform to build from than Caterham too.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3472486)   #3
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite gutted for them.

I do wonder if this wouldn't have happened had Japan not occurred.

Good little team...shocked no one stepped in with the imminent cash injection from a potential 9th place finish...
Old 7 Nov 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3472495)   #4
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why would anyone step in? The way the F1 revenues are structured at the moment, I wonder why anyone outside of Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes and Williams even bother.

Horner's 'small teams stop cribbing' on the BBC website yesterday was completey disingenuous to the small teams too. Keep it behind closed doors indeed - that's what they did but were being ignored so they have brought it into the public domain.

F1 is in a proper mess.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3472498)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
We knew the writing was on the wall for Caterham. Thought Marussia had more staying power.

We've to wait for Haas and the Romanian Health Minister for '16, presuming those efforts materialise at all.

In the meantime we have to hope Sauber stay afloat with the two pay drivers they have and grit our teeth with a skinny grid of 18 next year.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3472525)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Its the ripple effect this causes too. How many small Business suppliers to Marussia are not being paid and will go bust too.
Would like to see the Creditors list.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3472526)   #7
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this really means is that people lose their jobs and creditors don't get paid. Gets rid of debt and the tarnished Marussia name in one hit. It'll be (as usual) the people at the bottom of the chain that get stuffed over.

A phoenix company will rise (seems like that's happening already under the "Manor F1" name), no doubt with similar people involved.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3472540)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
except don't marussia hold the entrants licence, and if they go under then the licence has to be applied for all over again?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3472574)   #9
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I may be wrong but wasn't the team originally Manor Grand Prix when the entry process was started?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3472575)   #10
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't think I could get any angrier at how F1 is being run at the moment, yet here I am absolutely fuming that a team that really did everything as best they could and had a fantastic driver in Bianchi had to close for good. Bernie, you've f****d up well and truly this time. I wouldn't be surprised if Haas had second thoughts about entering F1.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3472600)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Most of the suppliers will supply parts to several teams and after suffering losses on marussia and caterham i suspect credit terms on several other teams will start to shorten or become cash only
Old 7 Nov 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3472602)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You want to be foolish to be a supplier and depend on an F1 backmaker for business. I'm sure there's diversification there alright.

Hopefully staff of F1 pedigree will find other berths elsewhere in the motorsport tree or in related fields, in short order.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3476573)   #13
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So what is this I here today on Sky that Marussia are on their way to AB? Anyone shed any light on this please?
Old 19 Nov 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3476615)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Someone from Marussia posted something on facebook about going to A D, but then deleted it. Can't get much more solid proof that the team will be there apart from that.

Oh and someone from Ferrari was wearing a Marussia T-Shirt.

I'd love this to be true, but...
Old 19 Nov 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3476621)   #15
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In other news, update on Jules condition. Out of coma now, signs are critical but stable

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../11/16645.html
Old 19 Nov 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3476634)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Things all starting to sound a bit better all round for this team.... Happy to hear all of this news.

Go get 'em. They've done everything with a lot more dignity than some.

Selby
Old 19 Nov 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3476739)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/30124511

Auntie says "it's all over'.

Auntie is not always right.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3476750)   #18
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Nah, it seems done.

Max Chilton said on Twitter of how he was proud of everyone at the team, but it's all fallen through.

Selby
Old 20 Nov 2014, 05:35 (Ref:3476802)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Nov 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3476842)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 20 Nov 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3476972)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What a terrible shame, I really liked this team, one bad thing after another for them ..
Old 23 Nov 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3477700)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Hope they get to celebrate by finding new jobs in the industry..
Old 23 Nov 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3477929)   #23
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart of Bianchi's tragedy, I think it was an error not to give Alex Rossi a ride in the Russian GP. Perhaps his only possibility to start a race thwarted due to utter circumstances.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3478857)   #24
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Max Chilton's comments in AD on BBC were interesting. He said they we "12 minutes" away from a deal but the confirmation of the last bit of finance came in just too late.

There was talk of his father putting a group together and given his financial clout that has to be a possibility. It was said that Manor GP had put an entry in for 2015, could they go to court with that as maintaining their status as a manufacturer entrant?

If it was that close for AD it could still happen
Old 26 Nov 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3478860)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's exactly my thoughts too. it would suck for their creditors, but looking at it from a non-scientific point of view the debt was kind of attached to the investment (or lack of) and ownership of the team by that russian clown. i think their accountants and money management was a+ given the situation.

i thought chilton spoke very well about the entire situation, i still have minimal respect for what he has and hasn't achieved on track particularly in relation to his less blessed colleagues but i can't fault his ability to assess and relate the situation to the viewers in an understandable fashion.

the bit about the money coming in, but a little too late was interesting. out of the two you have to say that right now, purely based on that, marussia/whoever they are have a better chance of filing their entry for the new season on time.