Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3298063)   #176
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to finally dispel all the tosh about Kimi.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 21:06 (Ref:3298064)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
So.. Mr Ricciardo has just moved and settled into his new home in Monaco. Usually the home of the rich, not really for someone on a £300,000 a year earnings. Hmmm..
Such a pittance. Man, Gareth Bale now earns that in a week.......
Old 2 Sep 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3298075)   #178
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder how it feels for Buemi and Alguesuari right now...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3298091)   #179
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I wonder how it feels for Buemi and Alguesuari right now...
Perhaps they will feel that they genuinely weren't good enough to cut it
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3298095)   #180
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in their defence, the timing was never going to work out with replacing webber. he was still in his prime when they were flogging the wheels off their toro rosso.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3298103)   #181
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Pretty happy all things considered. Its interesting what a mate said on the weekend. People criticise that RB are veyr hard on their Jrs and how they get thrown out at a whim and change...yet now Dan has survived this process and been given the nod people seem set on saying its a cop out and he is only their because of the program.

All things considered it at least shows that he is the strongest of the latest bunch in the eyes of RBR...now he has his chance lets see what he makes of it

For me, just need to get Romain back ot his usual smiles and you may actually have two guys at the front of the grid who actually look like they enjoy their jobs
Plus 1 on this!
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3298104)   #182
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
in their defence, the timing was never going to work out with replacing webber. he was still in his prime when they were flogging the wheels off their toro rosso.
If they had potential, don't you think it would have been prudent to keep at least one of them, not replace both?

The next question is what will RBR do with JEV?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3298105)   #183
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who's going to TR now to replace Dan?

It could be a bit early for AFDC... RB would be too embarassed to bring Buemi or Alguersuari back. Actually looking at their young driver list, it's looking a bit sad...

Tom Blomqvist
António Félix da Costa
Daniil Kvyat
Callan O'Keeffe
Carlos Sainz, Jr.
Beitske Visser

I know little of Visser, Keeffe and Blomqvist. Kvyat and Sainz Jr haven't really impressed me. They're gonna have to bring Costa up to F1 I think.

Re other potential jrs... hell there's a bunch in Gp2, in my opinion. The fact that no one seems to be able to dominate GP2 this year means either they're all inconsistent, or it's a very strong field of drivers. I vote the latter.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3298110)   #184
wnut
Veteran

Sad nothing Razzzor.

Sainz jr. and DaCosta are pretty awesome.

Sainz particularly is also very young and an artist in the car, so he should have a lot of potential.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3298123)   #185
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If they had potential, don't you think it would have been prudent to keep at least one of them, not replace both?

not really. not when they had 2 young drivers who they knew inside out who were ready for f1 and had the right career momentum, and nowhere to move the other two.

toro rosso have a good yardstick in vergne to measure their next young driver against, and equally the next young guy will hopefully keep vergne on his toes.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3298128)   #186
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

This is what Joe Saward thinks about JEV's future, he says they'll wait until Vettel leaves to put Vergne in a RBR car because he is a threat to him. Not sure if serious or just using Dan's move to critizice Red Bull/Vettel again.

Quote:
Christian Horner says that the choice is logical but the results of the last two years clearly suggest that this is not the case, as in 2012 and thus far in 2013 Ricciardo’s team-mate at Scuderia Toro Rosso, Jean-Eric Vergne, has outscored Ricciardo, despite being less experienced. One can try to construct an argument based on luck, or on the fact that Daniel qualifies better than JEV, but the only logic that fits for some is that Ricciardo will be less of a threat to Vettel than Vergne and the Austrian company is saving Jean-Eric for the future when Vettel departs…
Old 3 Sep 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3298134)   #187
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that reads rather like a terrible case of the fanboy spectacles, but then again i also enjoy playing devils advocate and offering the other side of the argument to what we hear all the time
Old 3 Sep 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3298160)   #188
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
This is what Joe Saward thinks about JEV's future, he says they'll wait until Vettel leaves to put Vergne in a RBR car because he is a threat to him. Not sure if serious or just using Dan's move to critizice Red Bull/Vettel again.
Saward has always been on the bitter side, prepared to show bias. Anyway good Daniel well deserved
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3298206)   #189
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Daniel Ricciardo, driver of Red Bull Racing's RB10 F1 car.

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

This will be fun.
What a guess! I Posted ^^ on 18 Aug 2013, 09:21.

Now we wait in hope that the usual radio message to the 2 RBR car.. "Fail 14. Fail one-four. Do not use KERS. Brake balance 3 clicks rearwards to compensate" does not eventuate.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3298295)   #190
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What a guess! I Posted ^^ on 18 Aug 2013, 09:21.

Now we wait in hope that the usual radio message to the 2 RBR car.. "Fail 14. Fail one-four. Do not use KERS. Brake balance 3 clicks rearwards to compensate" does not eventuate.
Gee whizz you better go buy a Lotto ticket, no one possibly could have guessed that Dan would be in the seat just 2 weeks ago, after which Kimi had already announced it wasn't him :P
Old 3 Sep 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3298299)   #191
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
hey, lay off, let the guy have his moment
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3298553)   #192
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Saward is laughable sometimes. I agree that Vergne was the better choice but he's not a threat to Vettel in any way
Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3298680)   #193
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
hey, lay off, let the guy have his moment
Hey, thanks bella! On holidays ATM since winning the lotto two weeks ago.

So, who will take Spaniel Avocado's place at STR?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3299307)   #194
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
not really. not when they had 2 young drivers who they knew inside out who were ready for f1 and had the right career momentum, and nowhere to move the other two.

toro rosso have a good yardstick in vergne to measure their next young driver against, and equally the next young guy will hopefully keep vergne on his toes.
Agree totally, re JEV, and there;s still time for him to polish off the inconsistent bits to his armoury.

Re the previous two, Buemi was mega quick on his day but too wild but I remain convinced Jaime had the right ability, some of his races in 2011 were awesome, but that year's car wasn't all that strong really.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:18 (Ref:3299320)   #195
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Agree totally, re JEV, and there;s still time for him to polish off the inconsistent bits to his armoury.

Re the previous two, Buemi was mega quick on his day but too wild but I remain convinced Jaime had the right ability, some of his races in 2011 were awesome, but that year's car wasn't all that strong really.
I always thought there was very little to choose between Alguesari and Buemi, though Buemi seemed to out qualify Jaime more often than not.

The one who probably has a little room to feel aggrieved is probably Bordais!
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:48 (Ref:3299340)   #196
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alguerssari's case is the typical case of graduating to F1 too early. I agree he showed some interesting potential but the mistakes were just as big and in F1, you are NOT forgiven anymore! Would have been better to run him in WSR slightly longer and prepare him mentally as the kid was prone to be very good. A waste in my view and a dangerous tendency RB has to hurry and try and build very young world champions. It worked for Vettel (unique driver in my view) but not since then. Ricciardo has a totally different path and is given the proper chance. Change of strategy also at RB?
Old 5 Sep 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3299369)   #197
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i agree partially. there are definitely cases where age doesn't matter, like as you say, vettel. perhaps with the smarter drivers - alguersuari comes into that category - talk a good game, and express themselves in a mature way thats easy to mistake for being "ready".

i'd dispute that red bull rush drivers into things generally though - if like vergne and ricciardo they're good enough to be in contention for a title in their first year in formula renault 3.5 for example then how else can you prepare them on track? they took a different route with them than they have done with sainz for example. they've given sainz more time to learn and amble through the ranks than the two current toro rosso drivers, and yet people are saying that those guys have underachieved...
Old 5 Sep 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3299390)   #198
ace007
Racer

ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well maybe Sainz is not as good as some think. I wouldn't really know at this stage. For me it is too early and one need to judge how he handles the bigger cars for at least a full year (ie WSR or GP2) which Alguer didnt even have!

I do rate both Vergne and Ricciardo though and even if RB will get only one Vettel in their driver's ladder (which is in itself an achievement!), the two are proper F1 material and could probably fight in the top 5 with any competitive F1.

Ricciardo has the chance of a lifetime and I fear he will be judged (too?) hardly. I am concerned they will destroy him if he doesnt match Vettel immediately which is not fair and maybe even impossible in your first year? Tough but beautiful opportunity. I will be routing for him, you can bet on that!
Old 6 Sep 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3299769)   #199
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post

Ricciardo has the chance of a lifetime and I fear he will be judged (too?) hardly. I am concerned they will destroy him if he doesnt match Vettel immediately which is not fair and maybe even impossible in your first year?
I don't think anyone will judge him too harshly as it's an impossible challenge. He's scored 22 points in 42 race starts, up against a (most likely) 4 times WDC who maybe hasn't even reached his full potential.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3300095)   #200
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could see Vergne in a Lotus when Kimi leaves or something, and doing quite nicely for himself. His future isn't necessarily at RB especially having been passed over (wrongly, for me) for the RB seat in favour of someone who he's outscored two seasons in a row. Vergne is a brilliant racer, and when he's confident and hooked up he's up there with Ricciardo in qualifying as well. Consistency on Saturdays is his only issue and moving away from the pressure of the Red Bull programme could be the making of him. He's definitely proved more worthy of a long term place in F1 than Buemi or Alguersuari.