Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Oct 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3676844)   #101
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I'm pretty sure Cammish has already got a drive at a different 3-car team for next year.
guessing that narrows it down to Hard or Eurotech then and if what I am hearing is true probably eurotech
Old 2 Oct 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3676857)   #102
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2016 Clio Cup Champion for a WSR drive next year anyone?
Old 3 Oct 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3676949)   #103
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which drivers do you think would leave the championship?

Howard, Lines, Martin, Fletcher? Tordoff?
Old 3 Oct 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3676951)   #104
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said to my Missus I wouldn't be surprised if Tordoff does something else next season (much to her disappointment!)

is there anyone already that we can say must be about 90% certain will be on the grid for 2017?

Gordon Shedden
Jason Plato
Matt Neal (going on what Flash said in post race?)
Old 3 Oct 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3676960)   #105
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or maybe Neal decides enough is enough and they get Mat Jackson or Colin in his place?

Colin won 5 races , JP 1 , JP didn't look that happy in his post race 2 inerview
Old 3 Oct 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3676961)   #106
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
or maybe Neal decides enough is enough and they get Mat Jackson or Colin in his place?

Colin won 5 races , JP 1 , JP didn't look that happy in his post race 2 inerview
Unless I'm wrong, which is possible, do both Colin and Jason not have 3 year contracts?
Old 3 Oct 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3676965)   #107
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

From what I've read on here, Plato was responsible for getting the funding & Subaru involved so probably considers it to he 'His Team'. Plato doesn't like to be beaten at the best of times, and having to give in and let a 'Team Mate' win the race obviously upset him.
Having explained the reasons for his attitude, I though he was totally ignorant in the interview (OK as I've admitted before, I don't like the guy), swigging at his bottle of water, sniffing & wiping his nose, not the way I'd want one of my drivers appearing on TV if I ran the team.
He could have been magnanimous and played the "We're a team and I did what I did to help keep my team mate's title chances alive", card, but no, he had to behave like a spoilt child whose Mummy had let someone else play with his favourite toy...
Old 3 Oct 2016, 12:39 (Ref:3676992)   #108
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He didn't come across that way to me at all. I think he handled it quite well, actually.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3676995)   #109
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
He didn't come across that way to me at all. I think he handled it quite well, actually.
If you are referring to Plato, I think that he came across appallingly. He made it blatantly clear that he is totally selfish, and the only reason that he backed off from the pressurising Turkington was because the team made it abundantly clear that he had to.

He is not a team player, and that is why Smith behaved the way that he did last year.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3676997)   #110
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a competition, is it not? He had every right to race Turkington.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3677007)   #111
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
This is a competition, is it not? He had every right to race Turkington.
Yes, it's a competition. However, at that point, the major competition was for the overall BTCC champion, and it was already mathematically impossible for Plato to win it, whilst Turkington was in with a chance, and he didn't need Plato putting extra pressure on him.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3677009)   #112
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If you are referring to Plato, I think that he came across appallingly. He made it blatantly clear that he is totally selfish, and the only reason that he backed off from the pressurising Turkington was because the team made it abundantly clear that he had to.

He is not a team player, and that is why Smith behaved the way that he did last year.

Thanks for the support Mike, I was beginning to think that it was just me who felt like that!
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3677013)   #113
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the support Mike, I was beginning to think that it was just me who felt like that!
A fiver in my usual account will suffice; for a tenner, I would be happy to expand on my response.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:11 (Ref:3677016)   #114
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He made it blatantly clear that his job is to win races until the team told him otherwise. As soon as he was told he backed off and started holding up Shedden.

He behaved in exactly the way I would expect any professional racing driver to behave in that situation. It's not his job to work out the championship points while racing.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3677021)   #115
porsche962fan
Veteran

has anyone ever got a hint from Matt Neal and Steve Neal that they are upset that Shedden gets all the titles recently in the Neal family team ? ?

cos frankly I haven't and this can't be said about a different team...

which makes Matt Neal much more professional and mature than acting like a spoiled brat who doesn't get his toys
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3677024)   #116
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I do wonder how much longer Neal and Plato want to carry it on for. I don't personally care much for either driver really, but at the same time it would be a shame if they weren't involved as both are great talents.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:31 (Ref:3677029)   #117
porsche962fan
Veteran

the veterans of the championship

Plato 48
Neal 49
Collard 48

by comparison Yvan Muller decided to retire from WTCC with 47

on the other hand Tarquini is 54 and still active
Old 3 Oct 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3677038)   #118
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I do wonder how much longer Neal and Plato want to carry it on for. I don't personally care much for either driver really, but at the same time it would be a shame if they weren't involved as both are great talents.
My hunch is that Neal will step down if/once he gets that 4th title. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had retired as the Champion at the end of this season had he managed it.

Plato - I've no idea. He strikes me as the type to keep going until he ends up without a team or noncompetitive. I don't see either happening anytime soon.

Anyway, we can pretty much confirm Matt Simpson for next season

https://twitter.com/Mattsimpson303/s...482816?lang=en
Old 3 Oct 2016, 18:00 (Ref:3677058)   #119
porsche962fan
Veteran

Gilham has said they will move away from those old Toyota as they are "dated"
Old 3 Oct 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3677088)   #120
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gilham has said they will move away from those old Toyota as they are "dated"
Your right, he said they'd definitely move on to different cars, so we know Team HARD are changing cars, so are BKR, Coukd be quite a change in the mix on the grid.

One thing that seems to of been missed, is if Tordoff leaves the series, then WSR would loose their JCT600 backing and with the IHG team on the 3rd car being at the end of the 2 year deal, it could leave them in the same boat as when eBay and RAC left previously!
Old 3 Oct 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3677091)   #121
porsche962fan
Veteran

let's all hope DANIEL LLOYD can get the budget together !! you all saw once he was gone Eurotech totally lost their mojo !!

and what about poor Dan Welch ? he barely had money to change shell and no money for RML kit !!

maybe a merger with Handy - Speedworks to create the Welch - Handy - Speedworks mega privateer team ? all with same car trying to help themselves together towards the front !!

Last edited by porsche962fan; 3 Oct 2016 at 21:20.
Old 3 Oct 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3677101)   #122
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That just reminded me of the Fiesta team from years ago. The Goodliffe Superteam!

Neal still has the motivation, but he's getting further and further away from that last title he won. He'll be 50 by the start of next season. Maybe he'll keep the seat warm until he feels one of his twin boys is up to the step up to the btcc.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3677168)   #123
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Your right, he said they'd definitely move on to different cars, so we know Team HARD are changing cars, so are BKR, Coukd be quite a change in the mix on the grid.

One thing that seems to of been missed, is if Tordoff leaves the series, then WSR would loose their JCT600 backing and with the IHG team on the 3rd car being at the end of the 2 year deal, it could leave them in the same boat as when eBay and RAC left previously!
WSR - yep could well be, I think that the IHG deal was probably 2 years in the expectation that AP would still be there as it came with him via the BMW partnership. I wonder if GARDX is tied in with JCT600 as well?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3677184)   #124
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I wonder if GARDX is tied in with JCT600 as well?
They are separate companies, but GARDX's biggest customer is JCT600. So it could go either way I guess.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 19:06 (Ref:3677317)   #125
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long time lurker and finally decided to sign up. Here's some of my thoughts for 2017:

Team Dynamics - Honda/YUASA/Halfords - Either Current 2015/2016 Civic Type R or 2017 Civic 10th Gen

With Honda UK pulling out as headline 'sponsor' at the start of 2016 I can see them pulling further away next year. By winning without their full support, I can see Honda UK saying that they don't need them to win yet still benefiting from the exposure.

This is also going to effect the team's choice of car. As I understand it, Honda UK are still paying the 'Manufacturers' entry fee and offering a degree of technical support but beyond that I don't know if they're putting enough into the pot to dictate which car to use (ala Subaru with the choice of the Levorg GT over the more suited STI). From a marketing perspective, I can see them pushing to get the new Civic onto the grid, however unless they stump up the cash to warrant the development of a new car I could see Dynamics sticking with the proven chassis. Bare in mind there's also Neate's car built up, which unless they can find a buyer (Speedworks?) would seem a huge waste if can't be put to good use.

This is unless Dynamics decide to do another Tourer and build the new car to woo Honda UK back into more investment.

Unless something major occurs it'll be a huge shock if we don't see Matt and Gordon return, and it'd be great to see them joined by a young gun. Dan Lloyd went well in the Eurotech Civic for example.

WSR - BMW - 125i M Sport

Tordoff didn't do himself any favours in itv4's feature, the guy seems like he'd be more suited to a gentleman racer's career in GT's rather than the cut and thrust of a full time BTCC job. With that in mind there's a huge question mark over JCT600 and GardX's involvement next year. That then brings doubt over Collard who always seems to be on a knife edge in terms of sponsorship funds.

It'd be great if BMW could stump up a bit of cash or even the dealers to form a Dealer Team BWM UK etc.

BMR - Subaru - Levorg GT

Despite their performance this year I can see them being pegged back a bit next year and not being the dominant force everyone's expecting.

If I were Subaru then I'd be raising questions over the 4 Car team situation, two cars up front and two cars constantly towards the back or in the gravel isn't great for Marketing and Justifying the investment.

I can see the 'main' team dropping to two/three cars with additional cars being fielded as a satellite operation (ala Vauxhall Sport and Egg Sport in 2001/2) this could be done with the help of BKR or...

888 - MG?

Chuff knows! MG have pulled manufacturing from Longbridge, They've ditched the 6 in the UK hence why we never saw the promised facelift to the 6 this season.

Logical thing to do here would be for 888 to run the satellite Levorgs (see above) in the same way all the various teams in DTM operate.

Motorbase - Ford

Prepare for the usual winter uncertainty over Jackson's budget. But if nothing else, for god's sake facelift the focus!

New Cars

Ok so we got 4 new Subarus this year but not a lot else. It's be nice to see some new sheet metal on the grid next year. Only issue is that in a world of Nissan Jukes and Citroen Picassos I'm not exactly sure what can be added to the series?!

It'd make some sense (provided that they're within the regs) to swap the ageing Avensis's for the lighter Auris.

Anything else?

I think Welch need to ditch the Proton, they've been at it, what 5-6 years and never really got anywhere. As Rob Austin proved this year, there's no point flogging a dead horse. And let's be honest the NGTC regs have given birth to a fair few mules (Insignia anyone?). Dan seems a decent peddler and it'd be great to see him up at the top end even if its in an Avensis!

Apologies for a wordy first post here on TenTenths!