Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jan 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3700842)   #76
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
try this page to see more details instead IMSA's one

http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
Old 7 Jan 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3700843)   #77
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Is Daytona Speedway dry for the Sat afternoon session?
It hasn't rained for a few hours but the tracks still damp in places. Like heading into the infield there's still some puddles offline
Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3700845)   #78
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like the BoP made the Cadillacs too slow. The gurney should be too big. Poor final speed and lap times.

Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3700848)   #79
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Mazda doing a lot better times this session. They probably weren't stressed over setting quick laps at first. Good to see.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3700850)   #80
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know restrictors size of cadillac dpi during december test?
the considerable loss of top speed should be explained by a power loss
Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3700851)   #81
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Does anybody know restrictors size of cadillac dpi during december test?
the considerable loss of top speed should be explained by a power loss
There should be a power loss as Gibson requested a detune for Daytona, and everything else was brought down to match.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3700853)   #82
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from >196 mph to about 191 is a HUGE power loss (or HUGE drag increase because or more downforce maybe)
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3700859)   #83
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's gurney flaps mandated by BOP adjustments.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3700860)   #84
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
with and without gurney

Old 7 Jan 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3700861)   #85
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
from >196 mph to about 191 is a HUGE power loss (or HUGE drag increase because or more downforce maybe)
Now that's a lot of sand.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3700883)   #86
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
REB3LLION really looking strong. Rest of the P's
will have their hands full at the 24.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3700884)   #87
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
it is very interesting, that final speed is not fully representative of the lap time. The Riley in 4th position at the moment has the lowest final speed, while other cars like the Ligier are not so fast even reaching 191 mph. I think the teams are testing different settings in this practice session. The gurney of 30mm on the Cadillacs seems to be too big.

Rebellion and DragonSpeed looks very strong.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 00:58 (Ref:3700885)   #88
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rebellion's drivers are just a cut above the rest. Neel Jani is by far the quickest guy at this test currently so he better damn well be at the top.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 03:13 (Ref:3700893)   #89
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rebellion need to turn it down,everyone knows the fastest car at the roar is the slowest car in the race.the other teams played this game for years.imsa's sandbag rule is a joke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jan 2017, 03:30 (Ref:3700898)   #90
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nah, only being 2 tenths faster than the Mazda isn't going to make a big difference to the bop.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3700917)   #91
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
2 tenths is a solid tow around the banking too.

A single car run could yield the Rebellion 2 tenths slower than the Mazda.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3700930)   #92
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I put up video from Friday and Saturday at the Roar. This is the one from Saturday which I think came out a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3COCf_D3FE
Old 8 Jan 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3700945)   #93
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
It looks like the Mazda will finally reach 190 mps
Not quite the speed of light, but dang!!! If they could average that even on the tri-oval, they'd run 16 million, 416 thousand miles in 24 hours!!! Sheesh!!!

jimclark
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3700978)   #94
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Rebellion's drivers are just a cut above the rest. Neel Jani is by far the quickest guy at this test currently so he better damn well be at the top.
Funny thing I just realized... A decade ago, people were complaining about "this Neel Jani guy" in CCWS, referring to him as a talentless hack with no future, constantly complaining that he was a ride buyer.

Funny how I never see those people in motorsport forums anymore. Jani may not be running for a big factory team, but he's got a solid job and career going for him, and he's usually Rebellion's quickest driver.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3700981)   #95
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Jani may not be running for a big factory team, but he's got a solid job and career going for him, and he's usually Rebellion's quickest driver.
?
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3700982)   #96
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Yes. There was some talk of them running elsewhere at least part-time, but I think it's been crickets lately.

Along the same lines, it sucks to see that Spencer Pumpelly is out last-minute at Change. Too many good drivers without rides these days...

That's a massive shame. I've been listening to Dinners with Racers with Ryan Eversley and Sean Heckman lately and was hoping we'd see the Magnus live show throughout the 24hr with Heckman etc like in previous years. Only problem is I wasn't sure of their plans.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3700984)   #97
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Jani may not be running for a big factory team, but he's got a solid job and career going for him, and he's usually Rebellion's quickest driver.
You're a little out-of-date with that one mate
Old 8 Jan 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3700988)   #98
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
So I got there 8:50 am yesterday (saturday) and find out no grandstand access this year. I've just driven the 240 miles so I buy a ticket and get the sometimes usual Daytona ticket takers little bit of power at the turn 4 tunnel (now it's 9:10, no line). "General admission ticket holders have to pull over there and wait a few minutes". I pull over "there" alongside a guy in a Mustang and say to him "What difference does it make if we went in, there's nobody else in line?" By the time he answers in agreement, the entrance nazi is shouting at us to "come on"....

It's drizzling, cold, and windy (making the cold more worser) but I move around (east and west horseshoes) for the morning sessions (getting colder all the time). 'Go out for lunch, come back for the rest of the day but it's even colder and windier, heavy overcast but not raining...for now). I watch for two minutes and say to myself "Why didn't you just turn around and go home this morning?" Seeing the cars was great, but......

If I coulda gone up to the grandstands which was my plan so I could see nearly the whole circuit all bundled up in clothes, coat and blanket, I woulda been fine. This tired old fart couldn't handle it and was back on I-95 headed south....8 hours of driving for 3 hours, 2 minutes of "race" watchin'. 'Not in my wish list even tho' racin's my passion.

I'm glad Fox's covering all but an hour and 5 minutes (hopefully true) as I've had my fill of live for a coupla months...we'll see about Sebring.

jimclark
Old 8 Jan 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3700989)   #99
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I put up video from Friday and Saturday at the Roar. This is the one from Saturday which I think came out a lot better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3COCf_D3FE
Really solid work. I like the pans but I also like the shot of
(I guess) the carousel with the high bank in the back.

I either heard this on RLM or read it somewhere but confirmed
it with your video - The red Mazda has the top exhaust exit and the
gray Mazda has the low exhaust exit. Wonder which is better and
why?
Old 8 Jan 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3700991)   #100
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
So I got there 8:50 am yesterday (saturday) and find out no grandstand access this year. I've just driven the 240 miles so I buy a ticket and get the sometimes usual Daytona ticket takers little bit of power at the turn 4 tunnel (now it's 9:10, no line). "General admission ticket holders have to pull over there and wait a few minutes". I pull over "there" alongside a guy in a Mustang and say to him "What difference does it make if we went in, there's nobody else in line?" By the time he answers in agreement, the entrance nazi is shouting at us to "come on"....

It's drizzling, cold, and windy (making the cold more worser) but I move around (east and west horseshoes) for the morning sessions (getting colder all the time). 'Go out for lunch, come back for the rest of the day but it's even colder and windier, heavy overcast but not raining...for now). I watch for two minutes and say to myself "Why didn't you just turn around and go home this morning?" Seeing the cars was great, but......

If I coulda gone up to the grandstands which was my plan so I could see nearly the whole circuit all bundled up in clothes, coat and blanket, I woulda been fine. This tired old fart couldn't handle it and was back on I-95 headed south....8 hours of driving for 3 hours, 2 minutes of "race" watchin'. 'Not in my wish list even tho' racin's my passion.

I'm glad Fox's covering all but an hour and 5 minutes (hopefully true) as I've had my fill of live for a coupla months...we'll see about Sebring.
Were you able to park at the fence with a view of the track or were they taken? Those stands better be open for the 24!