Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > The Driver Files

Old 14 Oct 2001, 21:33 (Ref:1807052)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Mouton, Michelle

Michelle Mouton was better than her male peers. She should have won the World Rally Championship, but for a minor failure in her Audi. I believe that the male drivers poked fun at her before her run at Pikes Peak, and when she thrashed them all going up the mountain, she challenged them by saying: "If you guys had the balls, you'd race me going down". The "he men" never came forward.

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jan 2007 at 12:59. Reason: Driver Files edit.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 09:09 (Ref:1807060)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Michelle Mouton still drives her Audi at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and is awsome to watch. I've never been a great rally fan but would have loved to have seen Michelle at full throttle!

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jan 2007 at 13:00. Reason: Driver Files edit.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 09:29 (Ref:1807062)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Michelle Mouton still drives her Audi at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and is awsome to watch. I've never been a great rally fan but would have loved to have seen Michelle at full throttle!

[/B]
You can do this by contacting any known friend who subscribes to MotorSport and who has the April 2001 edition, which came with a video of the Auto Union Years featuring the great drivers like Bernd Rosemeyer racing these Porsche V16 GP cars. After that , there is a fantastic video of Michelle at full bore in the Audi Quattro; it is awsome. I thought of Pat Moss and was going to name her, but she never dominated Rallying like Michelle - because Michelle was better than the men competing at the time. And she is one beautiful sexy girl. I swear to God, she is really foxy!!

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jan 2007 at 13:01.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 10:06 (Ref:1807064)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the tip.

Yes, she is beautiful and I have been lucky enough to get close to her to see for myself. That's the beauty of the Festival of Speed, you get to see your heros/heroines close up.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 15:48 (Ref:1807083)   #5
Racer.Demon
Rookie

Racer.Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah Michelle...

I still fondly remember her story about her Pikes Peak win that came so close to disaster. Flying in her Audi she literally had a brush with death as she was coming up to one of the last corners - an unprotected sweep on the edge of a cliff that would have made her and the car tumble down for at least 300 yards... To win she knew she had to do the corner full-out. But as she approached it coming out of the previous corner she already knew she was in trouble as she was missing her apex by a long stretch. Already opposite-locking to the maximum, the 4WD system working to the full, she saw herself hurtling towards the edge...

In a split second she realized that lifting off now would create huge understeer and thus - certain death. So she had to put on even more power as she had to use all of her courage to slide her way around the far edge of the corner, hoping that the rear wheels would stick and push her through. The rear was already hitting the bushes at the edge of the cliff before the Audi finally pulled free and steered back to the middle of the track...

To defy everything your instinct tells you - please lift off! - in such a defining moment: now that's having balls!