Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2301893)   #26
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for what its worth, FPA Autumn Series is "Nat B" according to supp. regs.
Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2301906)   #27
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Britcar24 will count as 3 days and was national B with NEAPF. (sad I know buy have just been sent a copy of the NEAPF calendar)
Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2301907)   #28
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA Susie
Are you sure?
What does the B stand for, either you should go back to your donuts or I've had too much wine!

I just go by what flags I hold and I'm sure we do the stationary blue & yellow thing for BTCC, ie National rules.

Unlike some people of my gender, I wait to be corrected.
And corrected you were! Presumably the wine then! I'm off donuts, I'm on a diet!

I've filled in enough Rescue Crewsheets over the last few years to know that BTCC meeings, as already mentioned, are Int/Nat A/Nat B. The flagging thing is a red herring, that's only FIA events. Not that I'm qualified to wave flags and stuff.

See, I even pay attention to what goes on outside the van!
Old 1 Oct 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2301942)   #29
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
(sad I know buy have just been sent a copy of the NEAPF calendar)
and I get laughed at for regarding the Blue Book as interesting reading
Old 1 Oct 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2301983)   #30
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mostly filled it in, wont be sent for a couple of weeks as to get another day or two in
Old 1 Oct 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2301989)   #31
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im presuming the Classic is also international as with the Grande Passione(Masters).
Old 2 Oct 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2302609)   #32
The Wench
Rookie

Scotland
The Wench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky.H
Filled in and posted - now just the wait (and the worry - has it been received at the other end!!!)

I sent mine recorded delivery so i hope it got there
Old 2 Oct 2008, 12:34 (Ref:2302745)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still hovering. Mostly can't abide F1, but the thought that it might possibly not happen again in the foreseeable future (I know, Donington, but I still have doubts) is making me wonder if I should do this one more time.

It'll probably come down to a flip of a coin.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2302818)   #34
Bezzers1986
Racer

England
East Anglia
Bezzers1986 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

I'm a trainee, however I am hoping to grade up at the end of this year/start of next year. Can I apply or do I need to have been a non-trainee for a year?
Old 2 Oct 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2302820)   #35
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzers1986
Hi

I'm a trainee, however I am hoping to grade up at the end of this year/start of next year. Can I apply or do I need to have been a non-trainee for a year?
Unfortunately, with the closing date in November, you will probably not make 2009. But 2010 should not be a problem. Normally you have to hold a grade other than ''novice/trainee'' for a least a full season before you are invted to marshal a GP. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 15:21 (Ref:2302841)   #36
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Unfortunately, with the closing date in November, you will probably not make 2009. But 2010 should not be a problem. Normally you have to hold a grade other than ''novice/trainee'' for a least a full season before you are invted to marshal a GP. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Not always, i was in the process of grading last september - november, and i was told to put a note in with it. And i was accepted for paddock
Old 2 Oct 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2302870)   #37
Chris Hobson
Veteran

Chris Hobson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bezzers1986
If you are confident of completing your upgrade by the end of the year and are a BMMC member, then let me have your form with a covering note - as long as the upgrade is confirmed before the selection panal meets I will be happy to support the application
Old 2 Oct 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2302902)   #38
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Unfortunately, with the closing date in November, you will probably not make 2009. But 2010 should not be a problem.
Hope Donington agree with you Chris.

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 2 Oct 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2302908)   #39
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how does the selection work?
does it go on how many events or time doing the job?
just wondering thats all.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2302955)   #40
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy jon
how does the selection work?
does it go on how many events or time doing the job?
just wondering thats all.
You put your application form in to your primary club, they approve your application (I imagine they check that the number of days you have shown are sufficient and that you have a grade but I'm not sure what else they check, no doubt Chris H can confirm).

After that your application goes to the IMSA (part of the MSA) and you get added to the list which gets sent out to all of the Chiefs. The Chiefs selection meeting takes place in the middle of January and they, along with the rest of the Committee say yes or no to each person.

If you're a new marshals, it helps to try to make yourself known to the chief for your discipline (if you tell us what you do someone will point you in the right direction), this just helps them work out who you are and puts a face to the application, you'll appreciate that there are lots of marshals and the chief will probably not know everyone who might apply. I think most chiefs check names that they don't know with their deputy/deputies as well.

You should hear back sometime in February when you get a yes or no response. If you get a yes you need to return the paperwork to confirm that you are still available and wish to attend.

I doubt any chief selects purely on "time in the job", your grade and the list of events that you have done helps them to gauge your experience, I imagine most would prefer folks who have experience of international level events (WTCC/DTM/A1GP/LMS/F3/GT/BTCC) etc. international events are "different" and require a flexible attitude.

Does that help?
Old 2 Oct 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2302994)   #41
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
Not always, i was in the process of grading last september - november, and i was told to put a note in with it. And i was accepted for paddock
how come you spent so much time with the startline then?

But don't care.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2303001)   #42
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want my form!!!! Even though I have another 11 days left planned for the year, gosh that's almost enough to qualify me alone
Old 2 Oct 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2303033)   #43
speedy jon
Racer

Wales
pencoed
speedy jon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet

Does that help?
thanks thats helped clear things up for me

cheers
Old 2 Oct 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2303077)   #44
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits!
how come you spent so much time with the startline then?
errrr , your personality??
Old 2 Oct 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2303093)   #45
Bezzers1986
Racer

England
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hobson
Bezzers1986
If you are confident of completing your upgrade by the end of the year and are a BMMC member, then let me have your form with a covering note - as long as the upgrade is confirmed before the selection panal meets I will be happy to support the application
Thanks for that. The problem is I don't have a training day signed off, however I do have 15-18 (can't remember exactly) days signed, and I have done about 10 more that haven't been signed.

It boils down to the fact I have done a training day, but due to MSA not sending my grading book in time it never got signed. Is it possible to get it post signed?
Old 3 Oct 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2303260)   #46
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Is it possible to get it post signed?
Should be fine, which training day did you go to?
Old 3 Oct 2008, 09:36 (Ref:2303321)   #47
Bezzers1986
Racer

England
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
Should be fine, which training day did you go to?
Thats a problem, I'm trying to find my letter which told me, it was Jan/Feb this year. I was expecting to do another one during the year hence why I have left it so late , I was sent the letter by Pam so I think it was a BRDC one
Old 3 Oct 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2303328)   #48
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Thats a problem, I'm trying to find my letter which told me, it was Jan/Feb this year. I was expecting to do another one during the year hence why I have left it so late , I was sent the letter by Pam so I think it was a BRDC one
Contact Pam then and ask her to put you in touch with someone who can give you a training signature. I wouldn't imagine it's a problem.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2303501)   #49
alimcb
Racer

Scotland
Northampton
alimcb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do I know (having binned most of my club meeting programmes) which events were Nat A and which were Nat B? And does it particularly matter or are they just interested in how many International meetings I have done?

Thanks to Chris H for clarifying the situation with trainees in the middle of their upgrades. My upgrade is already with the national grading officer so fingers crossed everything goes through in time.
Old 3 Oct 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2303511)   #50
alimcb
Racer

Scotland
Northampton
alimcb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110132

Before anyone else says it, I have just found another thread answering my question...