Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2670274)   #251
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I tried milking a camel once. It got a bit upset, I think I gave it the hump!!!
No answer to that otherwise I might be kicked off 10 tenths. LOL
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2670275)   #252
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
mini-mental should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Not a lot to see, mainly sand
Sand you cheeky sod!!!
There's loads to do.
http://www.r1ck.com/Things_To_Do.pdf

As we are getting there on Wednesday evening, I'm thinking of doing a Dhow Cruise (with dinner), or going to the 360 degree revolving resturant in the Marina Mall Tower. The Sheikh Zayed Mosque looks like a must see (probably on Thursday morning), and the Herratige Village in the afternoon. I'd love to do the Zoo, but it's quite a journey away, and the Space Walk, but as I've already jumped out of a plane, and at £35 for 2 minutes it would be over quickly
Old 10 Apr 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2670294)   #253
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FIA GT1 Qualifying

Just found this on Yas Marina Circuit website. Looks like qualifying is similar to F1.

http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/uplo...%20ENGLISH.pdf
Old 12 Apr 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2671683)   #254
lawnmowerman
Rookie

lawnmowerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for all the useful advice ! I think i'll leave the fishing box at home though this time. They do come in handy to store your stuff in, keep it dry and also somewhere to sit though. Having sat on the support access road for lunch during the Grand Prix and seeing a Scorpion run across it, a small stool sounds good ! For those travelling from Manchester on Wednesday eve? see you all there. Ps dont do what i did last time i went. packed all my lotions, deodorants etc in my hand luggage, cos you will have it confiscated lol. well, i was always told that things like that had to go in the aircraft? not with the suitcases.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2671701)   #255
Robf
Rookie

England
Dudley
Robf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I have to take dispersable asprin for a heart condition, will I be ok to take it as can't find a definate answer, it's not prescription I buy it over the counter 75mg version?

Thanks
Andy
Old 12 Apr 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2671707)   #256
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
Hi all,

I have to take dispersable asprin for a heart condition, will I be ok to take it as can't find a definate answer, it's not prescription I buy it over the counter 75mg version?

Thanks
Andy

http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restri...dication_.html

have a look on there, the thing you have to be careful with is what they are made up of, grab the box and compare it against the list, as i do recall some painkillers are banned
Old 13 Apr 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2671808)   #257
scottishsoilder
Rookie

Scotland
North Yorkshire
scottishsoilder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restri...dication_.html

have a look on there, the thing you have to be careful with is what they are made up of, grab the box and compare it against the list, as i do recall some painkillers are banned

Well I cant find my perscription pain killers, but it could just be our American Cousins have different name for them, but as I am just taking one strip of each will just have to risk it, its not like they could say I am trying to 'push' them.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2671812)   #258
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are actually getting Race 1 of this telecast LIVE into Australia on Foxtel pay TV so behave yourselves as we will be watching (Race 2 is a delayed telecast).
Old 13 Apr 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2671851)   #259
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
We are actually getting Race 1 of this telecast LIVE into Australia on Foxtel pay TV so behave yourselves as we will be watching (Race 2 is a delayed telecast).

I tried to see if there was any channels in UK showing it but could not find anything at the moment. Does anyone know who is showing it here??

Probably Motors TV in about a weeks time............
Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2671894)   #260
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The races can be watched live online at www.gt1world.com and I think motors v are showing the races on their usual 2 week delay so should just get to watch the Abu Dhabi races before heading off to Silverstone for round 2
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2671953)   #261
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think GTs were live on Men&Motors last year, don't know if that's the same for this year.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2671958)   #262
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I think GTs were live on Men&Motors last year, don't know if that's the same for this year.
It came up in discussion at Thruxton about TV coverage, and someone mentioned then that Men&Motors had quietly disappeared from our screens. Any one able to confirm or deny this?

Althought not entirley the best way, Justin.TV might have a few links to coverage being broadcast in other places.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2671976)   #263
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It came up in discussion at Thruxton about TV coverage, and someone mentioned then that Men&Motors had quietly disappeared from our screens. Any one able to confirm or deny this?
It appears to have been replaced with the ITV HD channel
Old 13 Apr 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2671980)   #264
Motorsportgirli
Racer

England
Hornsea
Motorsportgirli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather looks good, forecast of showers on saturday but only light
Old 13 Apr 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2672287)   #265
Flag Wave
Rookie

Flag Wave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right, If your going to try to check in on line don't bother. As BARC have given us all the same booking ref and e-ticket ref, Etihads web site wont allow for 100 odd marshals to squeeze onto one seat. However if anyone has any ideas please do tell. This by the way is for LHR flights.
CARRY ON!!
Old 13 Apr 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2672300)   #266
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure whether it makes any difference, but I have just registered for my free Ethihad Guest membership card - part of the registration allows you to choose window or aisle seat and also your meal preference.

Registration is via the Etihad website, and gives you a temporary card for use straight away. May not make any difference this close to people flying out, but might make something for the next time (if you get to go again)

in other news, the cars have already arrived at Yas Marina, as can be seen at http://tinyurl.com/y9w4ty3
Old 13 Apr 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2672368)   #267
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
Quote:
Not sure whether it makes any difference, but I have just registered for my free Ethihad Guest membership card - part of the registration allows you to choose window or aisle seat and also your meal preference.

Registration is via the Etihad website, and gives you a temporary card for use straight away. May not make any difference this close to people flying out, but might make something for the next time (if you get to go again)
I done that, but got this message, just my luck.

The number of guests selected for web check has exceeded the limit. You are kindly requested to check-in at the airport.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2672377)   #268
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

we have got the card already, but i think the preferences only come in to play if you book yourself thru Ethiad, but you do get the air miles regardless, as long as you present your membership card at check in,
if you don't get this time, keep your ticket and you can reclaim the via the Ethiad website..
besides all of that, see you at the airport/hotel/circuit.
be safe and have a good flight and enjoy the experience...

Gary
Old 14 Apr 2010, 05:16 (Ref:2672454)   #269
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
steve swallow
Just tryed to book on line for the flight to Dubai at 2100 hrs and got the same message too many names to book on line must book at the airport.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2672562)   #270
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ok so I am Leaving it late, but the heathrow advice is 3 hours prior to departure for check in. Is this check in closes 3 hours before departure or it opens 3 hours before?

Any seasoned travellers left online to advise?
Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2672585)   #271
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Opens.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2672588)   #272
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
Opens.
Thnx - that is what I thought it was but popping round for coffee with mum/'seasoned traveller' got me all confused.