Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Feb 2015, 06:26 (Ref:3503865)   #2601
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Still no team merchandise other than Nismo and generic 12hr regalia which had improved (Scudd take note and get some tasteful t-shirts done for 2016 assault please).
very hard to do. order 100 shirts? 500 shirts? then I need a guy for the weekend to just do that. then I need eftpos. then I'm left over with shirts I can't sell if I change things for the next year, costing me $$$.

sorry but it's just not a simple exercise, and not the reason I'm at the event. 50 other things I have to worry about before this.

we had posters, signed 250 of them and spoke to the public on Saturday and left another 250 on the table for people to take.

that's about as good as I can do.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3503867)   #2602
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
very hard to do. order 100 shirts? 500 shirts? then I need a guy for the weekend to just do that. then I need eftpos. then I'm left over with shirts I can't sell if I change things for the next year, costing me $$$.

sorry but it's just not a simple exercise, and not the reason I'm at the event. 50 other things I have to worry about before this.

we had posters, signed 250 of them and spoke to the public on Saturday and left another 250 on the table for people to take.

that's about as good as I can do.
agreed , its just not that easy ...we at TFM kiwi ferrari got rid of 2500 posters and gave away 200 polo shirts and a couple hundred caps ..... next year we will increase that and enjoy the fans response .... the event isnt a money maker merch wise we think , and was nice to give back to the die hards who loved their weekend ...
Old 11 Feb 2015, 06:48 (Ref:3503870)   #2603
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
A little lost in the excitement of the race finish was the achievement of the three young guys in the MARC Focus who achieved the Teams aim of beating all the Porsche Cup cars and absolutely outpaced the more experienced (in the cars) guys in the other two MARC cars .

Well done Garry Jacobson, Ben Gersekowski amd adam Gowans.
That chassis was quick at the weekend, and didmt find any walls to kiss... we shall see how many of the MARC chassis show up next year... there are at least 6 in the world right now...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Feb 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3503873)   #2604
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Feb 2015, 07:37 (Ref:3503888)   #2605
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
agreed , its just not that easy ...we at TFM kiwi ferrari got rid of 2500 posters and gave away 200 polo shirts and a couple hundred caps ..... next year we will increase that and enjoy the fans response .... the event isnt a money maker merch wise we think , and was nice to give back to the die hards who loved their weekend ...
I think you are spot on there. Clearwater did that a few years back and they won themselves plenty of fans in the crowd.

Great to see the punters in a huge variety of gear for all types of teams.

All that said - I think Nissan did pretty damn good out of merch sales over the weekend. Will do better again in 2016.

Craft Bamboo have stated their intentions to return in 2016 as well which is great for the event.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3503895)   #2606
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
speaking of merchandise..what do you think about a little stall, selling team shirts not just from the 12 hour but from other endurance racing events? car models? etc??? 24 hour le mans have a few set up around the place and they do well...i know its no where near the scale in terms of crowd figures but somthing small and simple might work
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:26 (Ref:3503901)   #2607
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadz44 View Post
I was just before the last corner about the 100m braking mark, from what I seen the Bentley had taken the inside line to defend while the audi was on the outside trying a passing move, the aston was right up the Bentleys bum, the Bentley pushed a little too hard into the corner which pushed him out wide into the audi and the aston with the extra room managed to get up the inside to make it a 3 wide corner, the 3 come together and they emerged as they did in the order they finished....

That's my look at it anyway from where I was standing..
Thanks for sharing your view! Sounds like Mücke didn't had much to do with it as you'd usually expect him to.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3503902)   #2608
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100 shirts to X shirts. If you are worried about changing things up (like a new car...) make it generic. The stand / stall does not have to be manned all weekend, a few hours here and there and it is not as if people are expecting the team owner / driver to be the one selling the tshirt (but it would be kind of cool and add to the experience)

If it was to be done properly, a few teams would get together and either have a volunteer or pay someone to look after a stand for the weekend. That stand would sell merchandise from the teams that agreed to cover the cost of be it buying a Bunnings table or renting a stall. Hell it could be done out the front of a shipping container. Nothing wrong with cash only if you wanted to keep it simple.

Year in year out people including myself are left disappointed with the merchandise. Year in year out you see people buying Nismo or old Gary Rogers crap as that is all that is available.

There is a market there. Bentley would of made a killing over the weekend if they had brought some shirts / merchandise with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
speaking of merchandise..what do you think about a little stall, selling team shirts not just from the 12 hour but from other endurance racing events? car models? etc??? 24 hour le mans have a few set up around the place and they do well...i know its no where near the scale in terms of crowd figures but somthing small and simple might work
It would do very well KSM.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3503903)   #2609
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And look at what I just found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWmera36GqY

Business as usual...
Old 11 Feb 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3503905)   #2610
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Stefan Mucke-I am not surprised!

Surprised Bentley haven't made a fuss about that
Old 11 Feb 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3503913)   #2611
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sigh...poor Bentley. What a shocking end to the race for all three cars.

While we are on the topic, big thanks to all the teams who offered posters at the back of the pits. It really makes a difference and I love having these cars displayed in my garage. TFM signed some posters for us and gained a couple of fans. Thanks guys!

Very pleased to have the scudd Lambo on my wall as well.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3503914)   #2612
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
And look at what I just found:

Business as usual...
Good find, now any chance of a side on shot at the start line on the last re-start
Old 11 Feb 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3503930)   #2613
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Good find, now any chance of a side on shot at the start line on the last re-start
haha, yeah that had to be close. I guess they go off the transponders though.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 11:57 (Ref:3503942)   #2614
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
haha, yeah that had to be close. I guess they go off the transponders though.
Don't think so, it would have to be visual I think. It's overlap, which I understand means that at the line, you must be behind the car you are overtaking. Only at, or at least after, the line, can you 'overlap' the other car (ie partially alongside) and complete your overtake. Don't see how a transponder can allow a call about the position someone's back bumper and someone else's front bumper.

The photo I saw, taken at an angle, looked VERY close, but that may have been misleading. Race control should have been watching, and in a great position to make the call, so I presume it was 'close, but no overlap'.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 12:04 (Ref:3503946)   #2615
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way, the natsoft views are 6:1, in favour of the 12hr, compared to Supercars .... 64,000 to 11,000
Old 11 Feb 2015, 18:53 (Ref:3504044)   #2616
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!

This spectator video shows what was missed on the broadcast, of the last lap, last corner.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3504066)   #2617
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

This spectator video shows what was missed on the broadcast, of the last lap, last corner.
This video is on the previous page mate.
Is that a bump and run, push to pass or just smash out of the way ?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3504079)   #2618
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
This video is on the previous page mate.
Is that a bump and run, push to pass or just smash out of the way ?
i think it was, im driving a tank get the f$%k out of my way kinda move
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3504082)   #2619
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
i think it was, im driving a tank get the f$%k out of my way kinda move
In other words, a classic Stefan Mucke-trademark move.
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3504084)   #2620
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3504085)   #2621
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
exactly
Old 11 Feb 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3504090)   #2622
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Absolutely ridiculous that it was sorted out before the podium.

Probably should have got a black flag before that for the Brabham incident
Old 11 Feb 2015, 23:14 (Ref:3504126)   #2623
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My thoughts on the event after going for four days:

- I love the atmosphere of the event, to me it's like the MotoGP, no BS marque rivalry but just fans there to watch and enjoy a race.
- Thursday night is a MUST do. Amazing access to the cars and teams.
- It's bloody HOT! Although not as bad as last year it's definitely a factor. I so wish this was the event in April.
- Shade is a premium, so a big shoutout to the bloke from Rydges who kicked families off the lawn of the hotel (well away from the rooms) and back into the sun. Douche....
- I think the event needs to prune out some of the slower cars.
- Haven't been a fan of the support categories for last few years outside of IP.
- The crowds were noticeably bigger this year but far from unbearable. I didn't see many (any?) bogans.
- Safety Cars wrecked the flow of the race.
- Catch fencing has wrecked a lot of good photo ops but also made me go find some newer ones.
- Both my 6 year old son and I cant wait for next year!
Old 11 Feb 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3504140)   #2624
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
By the way, the natsoft views are 6:1, in favour of the 12hr, compared to Supercars .... 64,000 to 11,000
For interest I created a separate thread for this comparison under the Australasian Touring Cars stream. See Bath 12 hr V's V8

The numbers reflect the huge interest in the Bathurst race compared to small interest in the V8's
Old 12 Feb 2015, 02:12 (Ref:3504162)   #2625
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Our only issue with the campgrounds was the crew right across the road from us that ran their generator until late into the evening
At least they left the Proton with the boom box at home. Nice clothes line BTW TCR