Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1457987)   #26
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Bryan. The alternative may be collecting blankets for Pakistan?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1459194)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well, not a bad days racing even if a few of the grids were a little on the low side. The best bit for me was chatting to John Surtees in the garages at lunchtime, winning a tenner in the raffle and the fact that the sun shone and it wasn't 'brass monkey' weather.

MSV gave all marshals a voucher for a full English and tea/coffee for £3, excellent value for money, and a flyer reminding all marshals that they were welcome to all the MSV marshals track days.

Well done JP and his staff for looking after us!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1459811)   #28
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today was equally good, Some real close racing, had a Church Break for Rememberance Sunday(time to go the bookshop & stock up on reading material for the long winter ahead), a lunch break (time to go to Race Control & be rude to the Clerks) & a finish @ 15-45 meaning I was home in doors @ chez Mallory smack on 6pm. What more could a Marshal ask for?

Highlight of the day? Having a leisurely breakfast sat @ the table next to the till, exchanging yarns, with Stephen Green, Don Basins, Keith ... & listening to Marshals trying to convince the cashier that the voucher said it was £3 off breakfast, as opposed to what it said, which was Breakfast for £3. How do they read Final instructions?
Old 13 Nov 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1459834)   #29
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I think I might`ve been right for once - it did turn out rather good in the end!

Shame the grids weren`t stronger in the BHRC race on Saturday. For once I actually enjoyed the FPA races though - spectating at Druids meant I did get to see quite a few incidents! Demetriou`s aerobatics were mighty impressive, Hildebrand`s hand gestures on the slow-down lap mighty amusing! Super Silhouettes entertaing as usual, as were the T-Cars. I`d be interested to hear exactly what caused the Embiricos shunt at Graham Hill in the second FPA race. I saw him cross the track at unabated speed - the impact into the tyres was absolutely massive - I thought the car stood up extremely well indeed (and the driver come to think of it!).
Old 13 Nov 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1459896)   #30
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on Post 3 & had a Grandstand view, as he came out of the hairpin he rode over the back wheel of the Ferrari look a-like, which launched him into the air & then he was just a passenger as he went off onto the grass & then into the tyre wall, lucky to get out unscathed, they must be pretty tough cars.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1459897)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
That must have been one of the Hyman brothers then Dave.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1459907)   #32
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
Yes, I think I might`ve been right for once - it did turn out rather good in the end!

Shame the grids weren`t stronger in the BHRC race on Saturday. For once I actually enjoyed the FPA races though - spectating at Druids meant I did get to see quite a few incidents! Demetriou`s aerobatics were mighty impressive, Hildebrand`s hand gestures on the slow-down lap mighty amusing! Super Silhouettes entertaing as usual, as were the T-Cars. I`d be interested to hear exactly what caused the Embiricos shunt at Graham Hill in the second FPA race. I saw him cross the track at unabated speed - the impact into the tyres was absolutely massive - I thought the car stood up extremely well indeed (and the driver come to think of it!).
I was also spectating up at Druids most of the day. As you say shame the fields wern't stronger but considering the racing was pretty good Lots of action as you say. Got a few photos of the incidents you mentioned. Hildebrand`s hand gestures were right at me!!!
Old 13 Nov 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1459928)   #33
Elio
Veteran

Ah, that`s interesting re Embiricos. I must`ve missed the contact bit with whichever Hyman it was (probably Chris as the other was a tad further back down the field). I`ve seen a fair few single-seater races over the last 15-20 years at Brands but I`m struggling to remember an accident with quite that violent an impact. I was very surprised to see the driver out so quickly. I managed a very fuzzy photo of the impact as my camera decided to focus on one of the trees just in front of me! A good sequence of the Demetriou aerobatics made up for it though! Az - don`t take it personally! - I think Mr Hildebrand was a tad upset after Demetriou tried a rather do-or-die manouvre on him at Paddock a couple of laps before he shunted at Druids.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1459935)   #34
Elio
Veteran

Az - just checked your site - very good! - like the JR shot - unsporting I know, but hey, it made me chuckle!!