Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1602337)   #1
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams failed again!!

Can Williams reliability get any worse. Webbers car has failed again. The sooner he leaves Williams the better. The are pathetic at the moment. The car is fast but whats the point in that. They can't finish a dam race.
Old 7 May 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1602338)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did f1.com say what happened to the car? All I read was that Mr Webber's Williams went off and he climbed from the car... so couldnt tell from that if it was a crash or a blowup I turned it off after that
Old 7 May 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1602340)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's an anti Mark conspiracy!
Old 7 May 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1602341)   #4
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car problem, he apparently pulled off the track cause the car was dead.
Old 7 May 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1602343)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott75
Car problem, he apparently pulled off the track cause the car was dead.
It says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1.com
Lap 14 - Webber runs off track and his car has stopped - he gets out of the car to retire
Did he crash or did it blow up?
Old 7 May 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1602344)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber said it was a hydraulic problem, although just before reports were of a transmission problem.

Williams has had reliability problems.
So has Honda!
So has Red Bull!

Watch a pre-21st century GP and your head will explode!
Old 7 May 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1602345)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems that this race has had quite a high attrition rate though far considering it's only gone by half distance so far.....
Old 7 May 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1602347)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Webber said it was a hydraulic problem, although just before reports were of a transmission problem.

Williams has had reliability problems.
So has Honda!
So has Red Bull!

More trouble with that seamless shift gearbox.... Renault use a conventional box and look where they are

Poor old Potsie
Old 7 May 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1602353)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Midland use a conventional gearbox too!
Renault have a car better for starting races and look at them!
McLaren has a clever 'box look at them!

They all do what they do.
Old 7 May 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1602355)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

Think about McLaren's previous years...
Old 7 May 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1602357)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7 laps to go and both Montoya and Ralf retire on the same lap, 13 runners out of 22 left...
Old 7 May 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1602403)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't remember seeing 7 cars break down during the same race before; from 6 different teams as well. It was a shame for Mark as he did a good job in the early part of the race, and a finish ahead of Nico in the points could have been on (not on outright pace but through the reliability issues of others, it should be noted).
Old 7 May 2006, 14:51 (Ref:1602431)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Mark has done a good job all season, but if the car lets him down and Rosberg gets a good result, he gets to look the golden boy.

Fact is, Mark has made it into the qualifying top ten every race so far this year and scarcely put a wheel wrong.
Old 7 May 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1602444)   #14
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how long he'll be willing to bite his tongue whilst having microphones shoved in his face.

Also great to see someone so highly criticised last year for their first lap tactics have an absolute blinder, while it lasted
Old 7 May 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1602506)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The highest failure rate for a while, since that infamous rain soaked Brazil I bet.

How times change, a few years ago and we wouldn't think it unusual to see so many retirements.
Old 7 May 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1602518)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
In some quarters it was deamed a bad thing that everything was reliable. Now it is bad because they aren't. Oh well.
Old 7 May 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1602555)   #17
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not only is there an anti mark conspircay, theres a anti button one to
Old 7 May 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1602787)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
To be fair, though, Williams have got a definite problem on their hands. Not that it worries me, but it would be nice to see them finish (the more finishing the better, IMHO, although I would not mind one Alonso DNF).
Old 7 May 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1602862)   #19
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I can't remember seeing 7 cars break down during the same race before; from 6 different teams as well. It was a shame for Mark as he did a good job in the early part of the race, and a finish ahead of Nico in the points could have been on (not on outright pace but through the reliability issues of others, it should be noted).
Always there to help you my friend: You might recall Indy 2005 when 14 cars retired at the end of the formation lap due to tyre weaknesses.
Old 7 May 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1602863)   #20
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott75
Can Williams reliability get any worse. Webbers car has failed again. The sooner he leaves Williams the better. The are pathetic at the moment. The car is fast but whats the point in that. They can't finish a dam race.
What else can you expect from a car made in the U.K.?
Old 7 May 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1602867)   #21
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Incidently, I noted with some amusement that ITV lured their audience to believe for a while that NR was on a one stopper. Had they watched the TV description in French at RDS in Canada (i.e made by people in studio in Montreal looking at the same feed as what is broadcasted on ITV), they would have known from the moment NR completed his first pitstop that he had to pit one more time based upon the duration of that stop.
Old 7 May 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1602877)   #22
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Joking apart, one has to appreciate how difficult it is to succeed in f1 without the funding and technical support of an international car manufacturer. See what turned out from Arrows when they took over Hart.

It is unrealistic to believe that Williams / Cosworth may keep up with the Renault, Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, Daimler & BMW over the whole of a f1 season. I think they should be praised for what they have achieved so far in 2006.

(Is it ok Frank? Are you going to give a drive to JV next year?)
Old 7 May 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1602891)   #23
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
It was a shame for Mark as he did a good job in the early part of the race, and a finish ahead of Nico in the points could have been on (not on outright pace but through the reliability issues of others, it should be noted).
quite right - I think 5th was going to be pretty straightforward - regardless of retirements - he was quite a way up the road from Rosberg.
Old 8 May 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1602902)   #24
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams really do need to get themselves sorted out. It's a beautiful & quick car but there's been sooooo many retirements. If it's broke then fix it. Scrap the seamless-shift box & use a conventional one until the new one is ready-at least they'd finish the race.

It was a shame really that Williams did'nt put Nico on a 2 stopper. He made it till lap 33 (?) & he could have easily managed a good 5th place if he hadn't stopped again. I really couoldn't see the advantage of it. There obviously wasn't a problem with running heavy & he certainly wouldn't have finished any lower than he did. Strange!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 8 May 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1602927)   #25
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
quite right - I think 5th was going to be pretty straightforward - regardless of retirements - he was quite a way up the road from Rosberg.
Sam Michael said pretty much the same thing after the race