Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 May 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2194385)   #11
Jimbob-18
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Jimbob-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day!

Really enjoyed it, some great racing on offer!

Shame about the organisation of the day, massive wait to get tickets, but the overall queing to get into the circuit wasn't so bad this time. The wait for gents toilets just near the old hairpin was a joke as well, i had to time to go between the breaks of the races because you'd have missed a lot if you'd gone when the race was on.

But overall the day was good. The weater wasn't as bad as was forcasted with only a few spits and spots of rain later on in the day, but didn't get to wet and it wasn't cold or windy so it was alright.

Shame about a difficult day for the BMWs in BTCC. I was standing down at old hairpin to see Mat Jackson and Stephen Jelley both get punted off in race one. Shame about Colin's jump start as well, although it was a farce with the lights, i was standing just up from the first corner and it was unclear to what was happening.

The pitlane walkabout was good as well, i got 9 drivers Autographs. Mat Jackson is a really nice guy, i only spoke to him for a few seconds but he came over a really nice guy, as a lot of the others did.

Nice to get a Team Eurotech goody bag as well! Lots of good stuff in that.

Good also that there is now a giant TV screen installed near the Coppice direction. We sat in that direction for most the afternoon so when the cars were not comming past our bit of the track, we could watch the giant screen. The Spitfire fly over mid-afternoon was also a good sight and sound.

Highlights of the day for me would be all 3 BTCC races, although the first Ginetta Juniour race was VERY entertaining. The clios put on a good show as did the porsche boys with pretty much a 6 way fight for the win for the majority of the race in less than perfect conditions.

Defiently going to Donington again for the BTCC, but may go and see the BTCC guys at either Oulton or Croft later this year.