Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Sep 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2284700)   #1
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Anglesey, Sept 6th/7th

Well that was fun, wasn't it!

I had a great, if somewhat lonely on Saturday, weekend at the Corkscrew. Best incident of the weekend for me was the XR3 who went sideways into the tyre wall, sending three or four tyres rolling down the banking towards, but thankfully not onto, the track on the other side of the banking. He then drove off with a tyre perfectly placed on the centre of his bonnet; as he drove down the slope onto the section of track we weren't using the tyre slid off the bonnet - he ran over it & ended up with it wedged under the front of the car, at which point he stopped thinking he'd got a major problem with the car!

Then there was KayBee's 'Post 12...car 80 has gone straight on & is rejoining between posts 4 & 5'.

When the car stopped the driver made a very rapid exit, prompting the remark from race control: 'skid marks like Mars bars'!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2284872)   #2
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellant weekend at sunny anglesey Yes, we were not exactly overmanned both days, especially Saturday, when the only red flag was for a car in a dangerous position. Yes, it was at my post and no, I hadn't asked for the red flag, race control over ruled me! Thanks to the wet grass and drivers heavy right feet we had a few!! cars making contact with the armco, some heavier than others. The circuit staff are busy replacing 27 metres of armco and 14 recticel barriers as we speak.

On Sunday the rain relented and the racing was even more enjoyable than Saturday. There were some fantastic battles in the races with the Nissan Primera in the LMA's being the one I enjoyed the most. Pit lane started after an engine starter problem and finshed 3rd at the flag.

Once again, f you haven't been to Anglesey please find a weekend in which to get up to this fantastic circuit. We can't guarantee nice weather but there will be some great racing.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 8 Sep 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2284892)   #3
Power Bulge
Racer

England
Rochdale
Power Bulge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too right about the Nissan - nice car, good race
Some unusual "offs" on Saturday - particularly the chap who went from Post 3 to Post 4 along the grass - sideways - without doing any damage. Well, apart from a change of underwear
Old 9 Sep 2008, 13:42 (Ref:2285589)   #4
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Nissan drive was awesome - I wonder if he could have won if he'd not been a pit lane starter.

Thanx to BRSCC for the harsh weather payment.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2285811)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry for asking this in here but perhaps you are the best people to ask. Had some friends racing in the Fiestas at the weekend and they are looking for pics. I can't seem to find any around the net, do any marshals know of any photographers that were there (and I'm pushing it now) and there sites? Thanks
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2285851)   #6
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You could try bournephotography, I'm fairly sure Rachael was going on the sunday, she seemed to think so at Oulton on Saturday!
Old 10 Sep 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2286284)   #7
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She was there on Sunday.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2286762)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, will point them in that direction.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2287272)   #9
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Newns
She was there on Sunday.
She was there on sunday only and gave me a cuddle
Some interestibg stuff on the Saturday especially the XR3 who went off near my post, IIRC my comment on the radio was "and he is continuing......pause.....to park up" at least he had the decency to hit the tyres and when they landed they returned to the right pile
Quite a busy Sunday, at least the weather was kinder.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]