3 1 1.35%
2 1 1.35%
1 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:23 (Ref:2531032)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Belgian GP

The good old SPA.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2531046)   #2
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no alot of over taking but still lots of racing! Well done Force India!
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2531056)   #3
M0T0RSP0RTDAN
Rookie

M0T0RSP0RTDAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expected more from such a brilliant circuit...both british hopes out in fourth corner, nice for Force India but it wasnt a great GP.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2531061)   #4
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 from me, I though it was very good. Not an eternal classic, but a reasonable amount of decent overtaking, some good crashing at the start, and of course the incredible story of Force India. All it really lacked was some do or die overtaking, although there was one move that stood out earlier on, I think it was Heidfeld on a Williams where he had to drift it round the corner up the hill from Raidillon.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2531068)   #5
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As usual, Spa produces some good driving and spectactular onboard pictures, and the race was quite good as well. I'll give it an 8, though compared with last week it felt like an 11!
Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2531084)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
some good crashing at the start, and of course the incredible story of Force India.
I personally don't see crashes as some highlight, but to each their own I guess.

A thoroughly worthwhile race, if not a classic.

Old 30 Aug 2009, 14:30 (Ref:2531091)   #7
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
ezepze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
love the spa track, gave the race a 7
Old 30 Aug 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2531114)   #8
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 10 in comparison to the other races this season.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2531173)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I thought the whole weekend was amazing due to the unexpected nature of the results.

Even if they weren't always successful, it did seem that in today's race there were drivers racing with each other wherever one looked.

The lead battle might not have been exciting, but it was certainly tense, particularly if you happen to be a Kimi fan.

For all that, the heroes of the race were Fisi and Force India.

I've given the race 9.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2531181)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
A good way to improve the show, cut costs and make the sport greener would be to hold every round at Spa.

I might suggest it to Bernie.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2531203)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
A good way to improve the show, cut costs and make the sport greener would be to hold every round at Spa.

I might suggest it to Bernie.

Just have a big canvas behind the track so that you can change the setting.

Can't complain at the race - two guys finished within a second of each other, they both pitted at the same times and it god rid of that few laps where you are waiting to see what happens. Maybe that was a mistake from Force India, an extra 2 laps fuel at the first stop may have let Fisi eek out an advantage when Raikkonen pitted.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2531211)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Just have a big canvas behind the track so that you can change the setting.
Yup. Pictures of buildings to simulate Monaco. Dogs for Interlagos. Empty grandstands for Valencia.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2531215)   #13
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it an 8...mainly because of force india's great result.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2531224)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Can't complain at the race - two guys finished within a second of each other, they both pitted at the same times and it god rid of that few laps where you are waiting to see what happens. Maybe that was a mistake from Force India, an extra 2 laps fuel at the first stop may have let Fisi eek out an advantage when Raikkonen pitted.
I was slightly puzzled when Kimi and Fisi took their first stop on the same lap as I thought Kimi was due to stop a couple of laps later. Maybe the Safety Car changed the calculations.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2531285)   #15
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought the Heli-Cam was fantastic great job by those guys!

Terrible job by the general coverage of the race though. I had no idea where people were on the track, the updating of positions was poor, and there was a distinct lack of onboard coverage. The comentary was rather dull, and seemed detached from the grand race picture, and limited to what was on the screen.

Credit to the commentary guys for talking up Fisi and ForceIndia in genuine amazement.

Is it possible that because Button and Hamilton were out at the start, they had actually forgotten how to comentate properly on a race?

Last edited by Splatz the Cow; 30 Aug 2009 at 18:24. Reason: Quote not needed
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2531293)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave the race a 6..

I expected Spa to produce a higher quality race than it did today...
Old 30 Aug 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2531309)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Yup. Pictures of buildings to simulate Monaco. Dogs for Interlagos. Empty grandstands for Valencia.
Sand for Bahrain;more dogs and empty grandstands for Turkey;plant machinery for Donington.......
Old 30 Aug 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2531372)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Apart from the carnage, Rubens spellbinding move on the outside at Blanchimont and Fisichella's dogged chase of the KERS, the race flattered to deceive.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2531482)   #19
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it an 8. Lots of excitement and good storylines, even though I was upset at the winner and the way he won. Farce India finally graduated to Force India and if not for the true farce of KERS, probably wold have won the race.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2531487)   #20
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted 7, pretty good, quite a lot of overtaking and plenty of action, and a great result!
Old 30 Aug 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2531568)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Mong and Flavio, can you please explain what has caused you to give the race a 1 and 2 respectively? It seems exceedingly harsh and unwarranted.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2531659)   #22
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i love this track, and admit even a poor race would get higher than 6 from me.

No doubt by now we're all sick of hearing about how amazing it was for Force India to be racing for the lead. But it was genuinely unprecedented that a backmarker should suddenly spring so much pace? plenty of good driving and real battles all through - was refreshing to see genuine motor racing action.

so, i gave it an 8.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2531715)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Race was partly ruined by losing so many cars at the start.

It got a 6 from me, not bad.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2531923)   #24
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
As usual, Spa produces some good driving and spectactular onboard pictures, and the race was quite good as well. I'll give it an 8, though compared with last week it felt like an 11!
Yep. I agree. It was a refreshing weekend to see Kimi in full focus and Fisi competing for the win... and I could watch those cars at full throttle through Eau Rouge all day.

Thumbs up - 8.
Old 31 Aug 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2531976)   #25
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remind me again, where was most of the racing? Oh yes, in the pit lane. Great track, interesting to see Fisi and Force India up there but as a race? No, sorry.

Fisi probably had the quicker car and typical of current F1, couldn't use it.