Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Mar 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3621839)   #3801
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These images are tricky but i made some tweaks in photoshop and it seems that they have a "raised nose" like Audi ... but we will get to know in a few weeks right?!?!?
Old 10 Mar 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3621862)   #3802
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
These images are tricky but i made some tweaks in photoshop and it seems that they have a "raised nose" like Audi ... but we will get to know in a few weeks right?!?!?
The video they released a while ago suggests the same, even if the nose appears to be quite a bit lower than the rather extreme Audi one.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3621884)   #3803
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That livery still doesn't look right to me. The TS020 was the best IMO, but the corporate overlords would have none of that today.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:20 (Ref:3621896)   #3804
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that this hasn't been repeated enough, but TS030 red was great too, the little it lasted (and god do those chassis regs look good in comparison too)

Old 10 Mar 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3621930)   #3805
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree. Making the cockpits higher and narrowing the cars at the same time was not optimal. From many angles the proportions seem wrong and the cockpit ridiculous high.
Also the lights on 2012 TS030 are much better than everything other that TMG stuck to the car in the following years.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 21:23 (Ref:3621963)   #3806
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Another, very short, video from Wurz. But this time the engine note is much clearer and imo sounds great. Must be a 30+hr test

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCyAr3nmhUr/
Old 10 Mar 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3621966)   #3807
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this Portimão Circuit in Algarve?????
Old 10 Mar 2016, 22:38 (Ref:3621973)   #3808
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
that grandstand reminds me of Barcelona
Old 11 Mar 2016, 00:19 (Ref:3622001)   #3809
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yup. In the wec 2016 thread this was mentioned in the test schedule. Looking at Kobayashi's latest post on twitter, you get a location of Portimao, Portugal.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 12:54 (Ref:3622122)   #3810
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely the A.I.A- that's the only grandstand I've ventured into that has lifts to get you up to the dizzy heights! (Though no doubt somewhere else has them as well.....)

V6 sounds OK to me in that clip, but sometimes echo off a grandstand can change the note.....
Old 11 Mar 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3622241)   #3811
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tssss, Alex Wurz cannot use a camera properly, the focus is on the pit wall ! ohlalalala ! It sounds nice though.

Last edited by PascaLM; 11 Mar 2016 at 20:42.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 04:19 (Ref:3622288)   #3812
TF110
Veteran

United States
Another short video. Description is interesting. A 24hr sim was already completed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC0jIusGhSF/
Old 12 Mar 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3622390)   #3813
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something that got me thinking today is Buemi. I know I'm walking on thin ice when I bring a driver's discussion into the forum, afterall, that's when the worst of fanboyism comes in and usually the forums' level hit the bottom.

Well, here it goes: He's a relatively weak point in the Toyota team imho. Today I was watching FE qualifying and once again he lost the pole when he had already the fastest lap of the qualifying. It seems that on crucial moments, like the superpole in FE, when the pressure goes up, he can't handle it and chokes.

I don't care if he leads the championship, as e.Dams is clearly the best car of the field. DiGrassi, in comparison, has showed himself to be much more composed and secure.

In 2014, apart from Le Mans, Toyota dominated so Buemi had no pressure fighting either of the VAG cars. This year, the best case scenario I can imagine for Toyota is for theirselves to be roughly on pace with the VAGs. If the cars turns out to be close on track, fighting wheel to wheel and with big pressure on for long periods of time,(like Audi vs Porsche at Silverstone and Spa, last year) I won't be surprised to see Buemi messing up.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3622391)   #3814
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's as much chance of him messing up as Davidson.

I recon he'll do fine. Quick he certainly is.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3622400)   #3815
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Buemi was the star in #1 last season, I was more disappointed by Davidson tbh, he did not have a good Le Mans at all.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 03:35 (Ref:3622428)   #3816
TF110
Veteran

United States
Buemi is just fine imo. Cant win every pole and race. I hope the car is just as fast as the vag bro's. I think it will be faster than last year certainly, so it should be close.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 11:15 (Ref:3622468)   #3817
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Something that got me thinking today is Buemi. I know I'm walking on thin ice when I bring a driver's discussion into the forum, afterall, that's when the worst of fanboyism comes in and usually the forums' level hit the bottom.

Well, here it goes: He's a relatively weak point in the Toyota team imho. Today I was watching FE qualifying and once again he lost the pole when he had already the fastest lap of the qualifying. It seems that on crucial moments, like the superpole in FE, when the pressure goes up, he can't handle it and chokes.

I don't care if he leads the championship, as e.Dams is clearly the best car of the field. DiGrassi, in comparison, has showed himself to be much more composed and secure.

In 2014, apart from Le Mans, Toyota dominated so Buemi had no pressure fighting either of the VAG cars. This year, the best case scenario I can imagine for Toyota is for theirselves to be roughly on pace with the VAGs. If the cars turns out to be close on track, fighting wheel to wheel and with big pressure on for long periods of time,(like Audi vs Porsche at Silverstone and Spa, last year) I won't be surprised to see Buemi messing up.
So Buemi is the weak point for Toyota due to the fact he will choke under pressure due to an aspect of his driving you have attributed to him from watching a different series, which has yet to manifest itself in 4 years of driving for Toyota?

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused at how you can be a weak link in a team because of something you haven't even done yet!
Old 13 Mar 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3622499)   #3818
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
So Buemi is the weak point for Toyota due to the fact he will choke under pressure due to an aspect of his driving you have attributed to him from watching a different series, which has yet to manifest itself in 4 years of driving for Toyota?

I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused at how you can be a weak link in a team because of something you haven't even done yet!

Well I actually I think Di Grassi is the one that cracks under pressure, a bit irrelevant to this thread though. Buemi did a stellar job in Brunos Aires ePrix, textbook overtaking stuff. On contrary, di Grassi crashes multiple times 2014 and 2015. His performance in Abt is mediocre as well. Probably he has some speed, but he is really poor at overtaking and stability. Without a underweight car and fanboost, I seriously doubt if he can win anything. On the contrary, Buemi is simply better in every aspect.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3622500)   #3819
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't say I've ever even thought of Buemi as a weak link for Toyota.......
Old 13 Mar 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3622516)   #3820
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see either as the weak link in their WEC teams, and Formula E is pretty much irrelevant to the WEC anyways outside of both series being sanctioned by the FIA. And even then, the WEC is mostly the ACO's baby, seeing as the ACO write almost all the technical regs and sporting regs. The FIA basically have their name on there because of endorsing the WEC's "World Championship" status, and that Jean Todt is more sympathetic/empathetic towards anything non-F1 than Mosley or Balestre ever was.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 17:51 (Ref:3622517)   #3821
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post

He's a relatively weak point in the Toyota team imho.
He's been their best driver for the past two years.
Even if he does go on to make a mistake at some point in the future, that doesn't make him the weak link.

Every driver will make mistakes in their career, and usually those mistakes will come when under more pressure than normal.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 18:14 (Ref:3622523)   #3822
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And other than battling each other, what pressure were Toyota under last year outside of Silverstone? Toyota were on an island of their own last year--well ahead of the privateer LMP1 cars, but no where near Audi and Porsche in terms of pace.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3622527)   #3823
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'd generally be wary of putting too much stock in performances in such disparate series as LMP1 & Formula E (in this case). Yes, the cars all have wheels and they are all meant to be driven as fast as possible*, but the way the speed is made and how the cars are raced can be so different that only the most basic skills might be directly transferable and therefore meaningfully comparable.

On the specific subject of Buemi, I've considered him Toyota's best driver over his tenure, going as far back as his LM debut in 2012 - while Nakajima was better in 2014 and Davidson was back to his best last year Buemi has always been there or thereabouts.

*Let's not mention that series, shall we!
Old 13 Mar 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3622558)   #3824
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
totally agree. Buemi has always been fast and reliable in toyota, I just can't remember any mistake made by him since 2012. Surely in 2014 davidson was a bit faster but we just can't compare buemi performances with lapierre black out moments and captains slow wurz and sarrazin.
It's impossible to judge 2015 season because of shamefull TS040, but I consider buemi-davidson pair as fast as lotterer-treluyer.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3622563)   #3825
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Steady, I think that might be going a bit too far