Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Jun 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3416064)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Well, when there are no answers provided there is always gonna be speculation, which shouldn't come as shock to anyone.
True. Life is like that though.

Graham knows how keen we all are and as soon as he or Hindy have anything they can give us, I'm sure they will do just that.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3416100)   #152
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Although I expect their professionalism prevents them detailing their commercial discussions with the ACO/FIA/whomever in public.

We, as listeners, can just do our bit by providing an audience and interacting with the presenters which will demonstrate to advertisers and organisers that the RLM/RSL content is worth broadcasting.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3418314)   #153
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very excited to start listening - first time this year will be Thursday pm at the circuit!
Bought a 2nd MP3/FM radio this year. Non-replaceable (only rechargeable) battery means a second is years overdue.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3418471)   #154
Richard T
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm
Richard T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The times on radiolemans.com must be GMT right? not local Le Mans.

Edit: By the way. LLAMA CAM is up and running in about 1h 45m https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIyFSIfSkYg

Edit 2: The times ARE GMT... So forget about my first question!

Last edited by Richard T; 11 Jun 2014 at 09:17.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3418498)   #155
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Llama Cam is online, hearing the end of the LMP2 preview though.

Trussers looking as studious as usual, probably wondering why he's still a better analyser/accumulator of information than the bank of screens in front of him!

Edit: We are go. Strange, I didn't realize Jim Roller towers over Graham Goodwin!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3419085)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Signal seems stronger to me, at the circuit. We watched Q1 at Mulsanne last night where traditionally reception has been at it's flakiest, but it was perfect.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3419120)   #157
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff from Radio Le Mans yesterday and the studio cam is fab, can't wait to watch some more this evening.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3419592)   #158
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Signal seems stronger to me, at the circuit. We watched Q1 at Mulsanne last night where traditionally reception has been at it's flakiest, but it was perfect.

Good to hear.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3419778)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not quite so good at Arnage last night - if I turned to face Indianapolis, I got some dreadful music station.....
Old 14 Jun 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3420305)   #160
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone got RLM link for vlc or winamp or whatever? To sync it with video streams.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3420399)   #161
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I know the Audi director feed for the onboards is using RLM. I thought Eurosport was using them as well...clearly not the case.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3420510)   #162
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 15 Jun 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3422048)   #163
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loving the post race tech talk with Hindy, Sam and Nick. A good rampdown after the 24 hour race.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3422180)   #164
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After complaining last year about the week signal, I have to say this years signal was very good. Only few times I had to adjust the frequentie because of the french signal disturbing the radio LM signal. Good job Radio LM enjoyed listening to you.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3422273)   #165
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to the entire RLM team once again for the absolutely fantastic coverage, adds so much to the event. Great stuff, cheers!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3422433)   #166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
RLM was good again this year and i must admit that as we approached Le mans on tuesday the first time the radio picked up the station is a real goosebump moment. Congratulations to all the team there for helping to make Le mans the event of the year
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3422606)   #167
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought that RLM where fantastic this year, they kept me informed and they also me laugh. Also from watching the studio cam interesting to see how much work goes on in the booth to keep everything on air.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3422905)   #168
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I echo everything that's been said about RLM this year. Great once again.

We were a bit concerned though by Hindy's comments at the end of the race. I need to listen back to it but it seemed like he effectively said "we hope to be back here next year."

Anyone else hear that?
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:18 (Ref:3422922)   #169
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Radio packed up for me sadly very early on Saturday (new investment needed for 2015) and obviously streaming it trackside is a complete fool's errand, but that has meant I've had the pleasure of it on the commute to and from work so far this week - which has been an enormously pleasurable way of extending Le Mans week.

Great job, and I haven't even got to the exciting bits yet!
Old 17 Jun 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3422941)   #170
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
We were a bit concerned though by Hindy's comments at the end of the race. I need to listen back to it but it seemed like he effectively said "we hope to be back here next year."

Anyone else hear that?
I heard that aswell, there were few other comments during the week that made me fear for RLM. From reading there Facebook page it looks like a few other people have picked up on it too.

I think that this has something to do with WEC app and also how the ACO how are covering the race online. I guess time will tell, but Le Mans wouldn't be same without RLM.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3423168)   #171
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks as usual to RLM, couldn't have done it without them.

And congratulations to Johnny Palmer, his first race start and I thought he was excellent.

Post race tech helped east that horrible post race feeling you get every year, rather than just cutting out straight after the race we could get back to the tent and listen for a bit.

As Simmi said the comments by Hindy were worrying, they can make the odd mistake but RLM are the best in the business and know exactly what they are doing at Le Mans. Hindy's joy during the Porsche race was excellent. I hope it was my tired brain reading too much into it but he seemed to say that they hoped they could say they would be back for many more years but couldn't and that they would be back for ELMS races.

I just hope our worst fears don't come true, I can't imagine not having Trussers's analysis to draw on.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 06:11 (Ref:3423311)   #172
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
...Post race tech helped east that horrible post race feeling you get every year, rather than just cutting out straight after the race we could get back to the tent and listen for a bit...
Indeed. That was definitely the best improvement for this year.

Hopefully the WEC/ACO/etc can come to an agreement with RLM for continued coverage of the rest of the year. (As they do provide a professional service and should be funded as such)
Old 18 Jun 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3423313)   #173
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great job from RLM this year!
Especially Trussers full 24 hour stint with excellent analyses of the strategy was very valuable for me!

However I must admit that there where too many "old" interviews, and direct interviews. Personally I would rather want coverage of the race. If there should be interviews, the least they could do was cut to coverage, when something big happened.
Good job to Darren Cox, who himself cut to the race when something happened .

And let's give a hurray for once again being mentioned on RLM doing the race - I believe it was about 05:20
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3423369)   #174
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did I hear correctly, in the early covarage of the race they had a radio silence in respect of Allen. Job well done RLM. Can not follow the race without you.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3423373)   #175
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Did I hear correctly, in the early covarage of the race they had a radio silence in respect of Allen. Job well done RLM. Can not follow the race without you.
Yep a nice moment. Not silence but simply the sound of race engines. RLM are racing people. They have heart and they get what it means.