Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Sep 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3456473)   #151
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
On the Lotus gearbox, I think that it's like the Ferrari 458 and the HPD cars in that the Lotus has it's own casing, but uses Hewland built internals.

Very similar to Audi and Toyota who design their own gearbox casings but have XTrac build the internals.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 04:16 (Ref:3456493)   #152
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lotus had a good top speed, 294.3kmh, tied with the #14 porsche for 2nd highest of the weekend!
Old 22 Sep 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3456494)   #153
ThatGuy
Rookie

ThatGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That didn't stop the SMP P2 from outbraking it at the end of the back straight though.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3456606)   #154
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Lotus had a good top speed, 294.3kmh, tied with the #14 porsche for 2nd highest of the weekend!
That is actually quite impressive. Does this prove the power of the AER, or the aero of the Lotus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
That didn't stop the SMP P2 from outbraking it at the end of the back straight though.
That is not very impressive! I guess they have some development to do on braking and downforce?
Old 22 Sep 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3456610)   #155
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that both r-one and lotus lack of aero development, with a decent power is easy to achieve a great top speed without a huge amount of downforce. I didn't watch the whole race, has been revealed the revlimit of the lotus with that HUD telemetry that sometimes appears during the race?
Old 22 Sep 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3456637)   #156
ThatGuy
Rookie

ThatGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is not very impressive! I guess they have some development to do on braking and downforce?
The car was really twitchy through the corner complexes at the end of the lap and they were lifting early and often. The AER engine pops and crackles a lot when they lift, so it's easy to notice.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3456773)   #157
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Early in the race (at least) they double stinted tires. They were able to dip into the 1:59's as well. They can be happy with those things.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3456778)   #158
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Same as the lmp2 car, the lmp2 car was always quick in a straight line but didnt have much downforce.

In the night stints with Rossiter in the car the car was matching the pace of the #13 Rebellion on most laps, the fact they've been able to run the full race without problems is a huge positive too.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3456783)   #159
TF110
Veteran

United States
Rossiter says the car has really good power. Once they get another race under them, theyll figure out the car better. Even Rebellion is learning their car still. My bet is the aco will give the private cars another break. I think they could do with a bigger fuel tank. I count 25 lap stints for this car.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3456806)   #160
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would love to see them give them much more of a weight break - I used the love the days of the nimble LMP675's racing the heavier LMP900's - thismeans things play out differently on different circuits
Old 23 Sep 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3456831)   #161
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Lotus P1 a completely new car?

Having just returned from Austin where I was able to have a reasonable look over the "new" Lotus P1 and take some pics......seems to me that perhaps this is not really a clean sheet of paper new car after all?

As it bears so many similarities on the tub and suspension, layout etc, that last years P2 Lotus/Adess had?

If it is only an update adaption to P1, wondering why Kolles said it was a clean sheet of paper design? Rather than simply say it is the P2 base car, which I assume Kolles owns the IPR of, so there shouldn't be any legal issues about doing that?

But whatever it is, the AER engine seems to deliver the goods....
Old 23 Sep 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3456837)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Having just returned from Austin where I was able to have a reasonable look over the "new" Lotus P1 and take some pics......seems to me that perhaps this is not really a clean sheet of paper new car after all?

As it bears so many similarities on the tub and suspension, layout etc, that last years P2 Lotus/Adess had?

If it is only an update adaption to P1, wondering why Kolles said it was a clean sheet of paper design? Rather than simply say it is the P2 base car, which I assume Kolles owns the IPR of, so there shouldn't be any legal issues about doing that?

But whatever it is, the AER engine seems to deliver the goods....
Well spotted. If you go back a page on the thread Sam Collins confirms it's an updated T128.

What I want to know is why did it fail a crash test pre-Spa if that was the case?
Old 23 Sep 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3456844)   #163
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
New rear crash structure that's on all new LMP1s? Also, the car does seem to have a new nose box on it.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3456863)   #164
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
On the Lotus gearbox, I think that it's like the Ferrari 458 and the HPD cars in that the Lotus has it's own casing, but uses Hewland built internals.
I think thats the case - says in the article I wrote in the mag about it but I don't have it to hand and can't remember!

Quote:
Its clearly the T128 / Adess 02 with some mods, new front crash structure for sure.

More here - http://www.racecar-engineering.com/cars/lotus-t128/
Old 23 Sep 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3456908)   #165
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course wasn't the T128 tub/front suspension designed to be upgradeable to LMP1 spec to start off with?

If they want to run a second car/have a spare tub/customer car they will need to make a new tub though as the second Lotus LMP2 car from last season is now a Praga LMP2 car.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3456923)   #166
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As if we don't need any more evidence that this is not an 'all-new' car, I seem to remember Auer had to pit when the door came open? The P2 did that a lot last season.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3456967)   #167
TF110
Veteran

United States
Regardless of its 'bones', the new 'flesh' is great looking. Im more optimistic on this car than the p2 t128 (sounds like some type of terminator).
Old 23 Sep 2014, 22:04 (Ref:3457006)   #168
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Regardless of old or new, I have to credit them for getting it out there; I never thought I'd see the day and I'm sure I'm not the only one marinating a hat for consumption.

The most impressive P1L debut this year!
Old 24 Sep 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3457191)   #169
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Regardless of old or new, I have to credit them for getting it out there; I never thought I'd see the day and I'm sure I'm not the only one marinating a hat for consumption.

The most impressive P1L debut this year!
It was a good debut indeed, but just like Rebellion they have little time to try and improve their cars the rest of the season. The race and travel schedule will have the cars constantly on the move (pun intended) with little time left for testing and development. So both P1L teams will be stuck trying to figure thing out in the free practice, qualifying and race sessions the remainder of the season.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3457302)   #170
Albers Fan
Rookie

Netherlands
Albers Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait to see the debut from Albers and Kaffer.
especially Kaffer, then he is top in GT, but in LMP1?

I think Rossiter was the fastest last weekend with the best laptimes.
Old 24 Sep 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3457307)   #171
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Kaffer is certainly able to 'light up the place' in P1!

Old 27 Sep 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3457983)   #172
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Of course wasn't the T128 tub/front suspension designed to be upgradeable to LMP1 spec to start off with?

If they want to run a second car/have a spare tub/customer car they will need to make a new tub though as the second Lotus LMP2 car from last season is now a Praga LMP2 car.
The tub in the P1 is new, so they still have the old P2 tubs
Old 27 Sep 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3458063)   #173
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The tub in the P1 is new, so they still have the old P2 tubs
Can you say how you know that? certainly they only have one of the old tubs (Praga has the other) and the tooling to make new tubs is with Adess I believe.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3463116)   #174
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top speeds are certainly impressive and up from previous weekend (except race where they outpaced Rebellions in that aspect), even if it can be explained by further track time

Fuji FP1/2
1) #8 Toyota 309,5
2) #9 Kodewa 308,6
3) #13 Rebellion 305,9
4) #12 Rebellion 305,1
5) #7 Toyota 303,4

Of course, top speed would be more beneficial at LM or Spa
Old 10 Oct 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3463128)   #175
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The pace was much closer to Rebellion this weekend, even in FP1 they were faster than all LMP2s. Good steps forward.