Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2014, 06:59 (Ref:3425743)   #1
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
International Ten-Tenths camp II (2015)

Hi

After a very successful 1th edition of the ten-tenths international camp for oversea s guests at Le Mans 2014 we are now ready to announce that the camp will be open for 2015 again.

With the future of Maison Blanch still to be revealed the actual place of the camp is still unknown, but I try to get a spot near the Village and preferably on the inside of the circuit.

The arrangement includes:

1 tent in the camp available from Wednesday morning – Sunday
1 Entrance ticket for the whole weekend
Breakfast in camp Wednesday – Sunday (continental)

The price will be 300 euro for the first person in a tent.
If you are 2 persons sharing a tent the second person will be 270 euro.

As this is a trip arranged by fans for fans there will not be staff in the camp, so it is a trip where you get the full Le Mans road trip experience. We help each other in camp with all the practical stuff and share our knowledge about the race and all that is happening around it.
I have been going to Le Mans for 11 years, and have made a camp for friends and their friends for the last 8 years. The camp varies from 8 – 35 people.
The camp has been a fundraiser for my sons karting team for the last 3 years and any profit will be used to make him go faster. Maybe we will have an insider at Le Mans in 7 –8 years?

There will be 10 tent(h)s available at the camp. First come, first served.

If you are interested and have any questions please ask. Either in the tread or via mail: kpkorsager@hotmail.com

Yours, Kenn Korsager (kpkorsager)
Old 26 Jun 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3426955)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Kenn, it was so great to meet you this year at Le Mans! Hopefully you'll remember my wife and I from the meeting.

I had been so worried about her first visit to Le Mans and how she would react to 5 nights in a tent at a race track in France. I am pleased to report that she thoroughly enjoyed it! To the point that she wants to come back again next year. Her and I are both very interested in the Danish camp and think that it will be a fun experience after having stayed with the Brits at the Travel Destinations Porsche Curves campsite. So please, add my wife and I to the list of people who will be coming.

A few questions for you:

1. I have been to many, many race tracks and as a guy I could care less about the bathroom and shower situation, however my wife thinks differently. How are the bathrooms and showers at your location? Are there only port-potties, or are there bathrooms in a building? Are there decent showers with hot water?

2. We are considering not renting a car next time so that we can take the train straight down from Paris and then take the train from Le Mans to Southern France. Do you guys usually head into town and go to the grocery store for food and beer? If we didn't have a car would there be room to join someone on a trip to the store to stock up on supplies? It would only need to be one trip for the duration (we can bring a small cooler).

3. Are you able to get grandstand tickets, or should I find those from another source?

I'm sure I'll think of other questions, but that is it for now. Thanks!
Old 27 Jun 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3427038)   #3
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Hi.

I surely remember you, and will look forward to meeting you and your wife again next year. I will be happy to have you in our camp.

Please wight me an email with your resevation to kenn.korsager@bestseller.com.

I have tryied to answer your questions below:

A few questions for you:

1. I have been to many, many race tracks and as a guy I could care less about the bathroom and shower situation, however my wife thinks differently. How are the bathrooms and showers at your location? Are there only port-potties, or are there bathrooms in a building? Are there decent showers with hot water?

It will depend on wether we get Maison Blanch or an other campsite. If we manage to get on to Maison Blanch the toilets and showers is in a permanent building and have nice hot water.
I dont know about Houx or Houx annex where i have asked for campsites should we not get in to Maison Blanch

2. We are considering not renting a car next time so that we can take the train straight down from Paris and then take the train from Le Mans to Southern France. Do you guys usually head into town and go to the grocery store for food and beer? If we didn't have a car would there be room to join someone on a trip to the store to stock up on supplies? It would only need to be one trip for the duration (we can bring a small cooler).

We do a run to the supermarked every morning for breakfast and there is room for 3 ekstra so no problem. If you come by train and the time fits with other plans I might be able to pick you up from the train station.

3. Are you able to get grandstand tickets, or should I find those from another source?

You are best of getting them from ACO or an other supplyer. I dont have direct acces to them and should buy them the same way.

I'm sure I'll think of other questions, but that is it for now. Thanks! [/QUOTE]

Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Kenn
Old 27 Jun 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3427081)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Houx also has a permanent building and some temporaraly.
Houx Annexe has temporaraly portacabins (containers) only and are perfectly fine.
Both have warm water. Choose your time well to avoid the queue (mostly in the morning) but I think it's the same in Maison Blanche.
In the early days HA was the 'wildest' campsite, now a days, it is no different to the other campsites. You just have to have a little luck with your neighbours.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3427198)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
All the campsites seem to be getting quieter, or am i getting a little hard of hearing.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3427211)   #6
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
All the campsites seem to be getting quieter, or am i getting a little hard of hearing.
With new ACO rules every year it is getting better, also in my opinion the crowd on de campsites is getting older (and wiser?), that helps. I keep on meeting the same people every year. Some though still come for only fun and make NOISE so better hope they aren't your neighbours. Ear protection is standard equipement.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3427739)   #7
willxr50
Rookie

Australia
Parramatta
willxr50 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all. Well i was part of the international ten-tenths camp edition 1. Thanks so much to Kenn. His camp made me feel totally welcome it made my first Le Mans experience hassle free and so enjoyable. Made some new friends and hopefully ill return as often as i can. Im suggesting we have a 5 year reunion for all the people who attented the inaugural international camp.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3428156)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I'm not entirely certain that was the sentiment you were coming out with on Weds/Thurs this year, when we were becoming more than usually familiar with some neighbour's passion for Bruce Springsteen and Iron Maiden...
Old 29 Jun 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3428232)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know if it's need, but I will of course still be interested, and will also be available for answering questions about the camp, I have been going with Kenn for 3 years now
Old 30 Jun 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3428555)   #10
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Don't know if it's need, but I will of course still be interested, and will also be available for answering questions about the camp, I have been going with Kenn for 3 years now

3 Years??????

Have to change your status from rookie to cadett then..........
Old 16 Jul 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3434578)   #11
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
In the early days HA was the 'wildest' campsite, now a days, it is no different to the other campsites. You just have to have a little luck with your neighbours.
We'll be back at HA next year.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3434628)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
We'll be back at HA next year.
Welcome
Old 13 Nov 2014, 22:26 (Ref:3474367)   #13
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Has anyone heard from Kenn lately? I'm signed up for the camp next year. He'd said that deposits were due Dec. 1 and I'm possibly heading out of town soon and will be quite busy. I sent him an email over a week ago asking for his details to send him the deposit and haven't received a reply. He's usually quite responsive.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3474368)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Has anyone heard from Kenn lately? I'm signed up for the camp next year. He'd said that deposits were due Dec. 1 and I'm possibly heading out of town soon and will be quite busy. I sent him an email over a week ago asking for his details to send him the deposit and haven't received a reply. He's usually quite responsive.
I got a mail from him 3 days ago.
I will contact him on Facebook for you
Old 13 Nov 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3474372)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I got a mail from him 3 days ago.
I will contact him on Facebook for you
Thanks. Maybe he didn't receive my email.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3474373)   #16
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Thanks. Maybe he didn't receive my email.
He did, and he will contact you within a few days
Old 19 Dec 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3486267)   #17
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Happy to say that I am paid in full and counting the days until the camp opens up (173)!

My two previous Le Mans trips have been in the Travel Destinations "glamping" site at Porsche Curves. I'm now looking forward to what seems like it may be a more authentic Le Mans camping experience. Looking forward to not having to hike so far to reach the paddock area. Looking forward to experiencing how the Danes do Le Mans. Man, I'm just looking forward to all of it!

Already booked my grandstand seat for the Ford Chicane (Racorrd.. whatever, don't know how to spell the proper name).

Arriving a couple of days before Scrutineering and will spend those days in Paris. During Scrutineering I'll be down in Angers. On the Wednesday I'll get to the campsite.

Man, I can't wait!
Old 19 Dec 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3486403)   #18
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the end of January, I would of paid the final part of a holiday that I could only dream of a couple of months ago.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Old 15 Feb 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3505323)   #19
tdm74
Rookie

United States
wherever I lay my phone is my home
tdm74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious if there are spots still available, as I have decided to make my first trip to for the race this year.
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3505395)   #20
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
Hi tdm.

velcome onboard. I have a spot for you and look forward to see you. Details will be send via mail.

Kenn
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3505399)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You will enjoy the international camp site tdm the friendliness of Kenn and his friends is legendary, hopefully we will get a chance to meet you on the saturday and the annual cheese fest/meeting
Old 16 Feb 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3505401)   #22
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
So lets have an update on the camp for 2015.

We will be on Houx on the numbered part where we will have 6 spots in total.
At present we are:

2 Americans
1 British
1 Icelandic (CTD)

and a group off danes.

There is still room for 1 or 2 tents if anyone else want to stay with this mixed group.

Kenn
Old 16 Feb 2015, 10:57 (Ref:3505416)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Mind you, I will be danish again when Le Mans come .
Old 16 Feb 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3505465)   #24
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
And I too am looking forward to becoming an honorary Dane for five days!
Old 16 Feb 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3505471)   #25
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Seeing as how I've only ever stayed at the Porsche Curves campsite and am not terribly familiar with the public campsites I did a quick search as I was curious about Houx campsite. Sounds like it's a great site! Excellent location and services. Well done Kenn!

http://beermountain.com/index.php?page=houx