Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Jun 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3745537)   #2551
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had a message from Raphael Dr Borman. He needs a banjo axle casing steel wheels for his 64B. Anybody going to Spa Thursday who could take one?

Really am #askingforafriend
Old 20 Jun 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3745538)   #2552
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry wrong thread.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3745547)   #2553
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
DHH has just accepted nothing can be done, so just move on. C'est la vie
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3745553)   #2554
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always thought DHH got harsh treatment. He moaned about BoP, much like every other GTE driver. Ford were still whining about BoP saying they were uncompetitive whilst their drivers were on the podium. Never understood why DHH got harsher treatment than others.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3745556)   #2555
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still trying to absorb everything that happened in an incredible race. Every time I return I get asked: "was that the best one yet?" And at this point I honestly can't answer and pick between them. They are all different and fantastic in their own way. But certainly we'll be dissecting this race for a long time.

Some photos if people are interested. I didn't take anywhere near as many this year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57682247201312

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
2 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
3 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
4 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Old 20 Jun 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3745568)   #2556
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos Simmi, Thank You!
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3745601)   #2557
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
I've been severely disappointed by Rebellion this year, the DSQ is the icing on the cake. Years of running against themselves clearly hasn't been beneficial to the team.
Wait. what?

If anything, the ACO has demonstrated that it doesn't have a sense of humour, no sense for drama, but lots of ice in place of a heart.

Shameful, to disown racing instincts this way.
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3745612)   #2558
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the spirit! https://twitter.com/christiaanhtznr/...197912577?s=09
Old 21 Jun 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3745759)   #2559
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right, taken a while to digest that weekend. Couple of questions...

Did anyone in the tribunes see the Lapierre/Trummer incident? Saw one article online blaming Trummer but on the Lapierre onboard he seems to move over on the P2 leaving him nowhere to go.

How/where did James Calado stuff the front end of the #51 Ferrari early on in the race?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3745785)   #2560
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There's no real needle at Le Mans. Everyone respects each other, while trying to beat each other
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3745794)   #2561
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
additional Statistics from our extensive Race-Report:

more to be found here:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2017/2...istiken_Rennen

Thank you so much, I was really looking forward to this chart.

Any thoughts? I think most of us expected the Toyotas to be nearly 3 sec/lap
faster, but my impression was that Porsche looked to be almost on the pace, certainly not behind by much from the fastest Toyotas.

And it looked like Porsche could nearly match Toyota's fastest laps, though it's unclear how many such fast laps they could do in succession, as it seems like the refrained from pushing hard for too long.

But did the Toyotas have to refrain from pushing even harder? Was it something about the conditions that precluded the record-breaking pace many of us expected?
Old 21 Jun 2017, 14:47 (Ref:3745797)   #2562
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Right, taken a while to digest that weekend. Couple of questions...

Did anyone in the tribunes see the Lapierre/Trummer incident? Saw one article online blaming Trummer but on the Lapierre onboard he seems to move over on the P2 leaving him nowhere to go.
I heard that the was a fuel cut in the Toyota which caused it to slow suddenly in front of Trummer. Can't remember where I heard it though.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3745802)   #2563
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I heard that the was a fuel cut in the Toyota which caused it to slow suddenly in front of Trummer. Can't remember where I heard it though.

Speed/FOX:

https://youtu.be/Y7ksEfqr4_Q?t=225
Old 21 Jun 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3745883)   #2564
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I remember that comment too, bu it wasn't Fox, although maybe repeated from there.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3745951)   #2565
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fuel cut? Naa, not having that.

I seemed to remember him moving over on Trummer, but on that clip it doesn't look like that happened. Seems to me it was more of a case of three into two don't go. Maybe Trummer probably should have lifted? Then again he's in his own race and it's Lapierre's responsibility to find a safe place to pass.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3745975)   #2566
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fuel cut? Not sure on that one. Might've lifted the throttle but it doesn't look like that on the images. Looks like he held his line because the Dallara on the right was exiting the pits. Trummer may not have taken that into account. He should've seen it, but it certainly appears as though Trummer turns into the side of the Toyota.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3745976)   #2567
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That's what people have brought up with fuel flow on LMP1s vs air restrictors on LMP2s. Fuel cuts are when an automated system cuts fuel to stay within the fuel flow limits. You don't have to worry about that on a LMP2 with an air restrictor (or on a pre-2014 LMP1 for that matter).

Not saying that's how it happened, because what footage is out there seems inconclusive on what happened.

Either way, it does seem that a combination of driver error (driving too fast with a delaminating tire) and a design error that the likes of Audi or Porsche would rarely if ever make killed the #9.

Besides, we've seen guys drive around LM stuck in 6th gear slower than that. I think an Audi did it last year when an electronic glitch jammed the gear shift mechanism.

I don't think that Nico will see the inside of a factory LMP1 cockpit for a long time after that one.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3745980)   #2568
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great experience for my first time at Le Mans.
Did the entire night shift. Middle of the night in the Forrest next to Mulsanne Corner was amazing as well as Indianapolis - Arnage. Wasn't to impressed by the Horror Movie Woods walk to get to the Porsche Curves though. Now I know what it is like and next time I go I will be better prepared.

The racing was great, and loved how the entire stands started cheering and shouting when the Aston overtook the corvette on the final lap. It did feel though that many people use le mans as more of a festival rather than a racing spectacle.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3745984)   #2569
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Granted, that's something that I'd like to see happen with NASCAR because each race used to be treated as it's own event, not as some bit part in a championship.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3745987)   #2570
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Lapierre, was the Team radio itself not telling him to slow down after the incident?
I think I heard that.
If so... it does not look good for him.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3745990)   #2571
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It certainly looked as though he was going massively too quickly. We were screaming at him watching from the screen in the Espace Club garden to slow down. He's a seriously experienced driver though - he would have known that.......
Old 22 Jun 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3745994)   #2572
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
SMP Dallara down at Mulsanne post fire, being lifted onto a flatbed.
Just reading back through the thread - this led to James and I getting our first ever name-check on RLM! We watched the car pull off fully lit....... Just going to search out the podcast now!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3746000)   #2573
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just reading back through the thread - this led to James and I getting our first ever name-check on RLM! We watched the car pull off fully lit....... Just going to search out the podcast now!
Oh I heard at least 2 from Mr Truswell on Wednesday night.....
Old 22 Jun 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3746002)   #2574
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's always fun when you get that. I remember back in the late 00s, I got so many name checks because I was down at the Porsche curves. There was very few cameras at night, and even the ones at the SF were missing cars coming into the pits. Reporting punctures, smoke, and even diagnosing by smell is all part of the fun for being at LM with RLM.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3746005)   #2575
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Oh I heard at least 2 from Mr Truswell on Wednesday night.....
What, for us? There was certainly one in first qually on Wednesday, there was also a mention by Sam of a text received during the race when they kept blathering on about the #7 having no number lights (which it did). But I wasn't mentioned by name.