Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3824183)   #451
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The ACO did a good job in GT last year with a close race in both of the gt classes last year let us hope the adjustments in bop result in a close and exciting race this year
Old 23 May 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3824187)   #452
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well however they did it, it was a good race. Let’s hope for more of the same
Old 23 May 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3824201)   #453
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
The Fords always seem to sand bag to get a good BOP setting, they are usually the quickest in the race...............
Supposedly the Auto-BoP system that they use now is good at detecting the potential of building materials being loaded into cars. We'll have to wait to find out, but it certainly did improve towards the end of the WEC season last year.

GTE Pro BoP is automated with no human interaction. Am and the EoT are manual.

Edit: For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on LMP1. I'm sure many won't agree with it (Looking at you, Sprinkles ) but it's my opinion. http://theracingline.net/2018/aco/lm...-mans-24-hour/

Last edited by Akrapovic; 23 May 2018 at 12:38.
Old 23 May 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3824233)   #454
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Krohn's paint scheme will be.. surprise, surprise...

Old 23 May 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3824243)   #455
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Krohn's paint scheme will be.. surprise, surprise...

Gorgeous!
Old 23 May 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3824247)   #456
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does make a nice change from white, red and black.......
Old 23 May 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3824291)   #457
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Well, at least it's bright. Not my favorite livery but you can be sure to spot it!
Old 23 May 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3824293)   #458
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fore my money we need more bright yellows, greens, blues. Too many of the colour schemes are bland and subdued. My favourite in recent years was the beautiful orange/gold of Michael Shank in 2016. A real eye-popping winner.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8912.JPG  
Old 23 May 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3824303)   #459
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it will certainly stand out
Old 23 May 2018, 22:46 (Ref:3824314)   #460
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Supposedly the Auto-BoP system that they use now is good at detecting the potential of building materials being loaded into cars. We'll have to wait to find out, but it certainly did improve towards the end of the WEC season last year.

Edit: For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on LMP1. I'm sure many won't agree with it (Looking at you, Sprinkles ) but it's my opinion. http://theracingline.net/2018/aco/lm...-mans-24-hour/
I don't entirely agree but it is quite well written. An article gives a bit more space to fully lay out your thoughts.
Old 24 May 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3824355)   #461
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Edit: For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on LMP1. I'm sure many won't agree with it (Looking at you, Sprinkles ) but it's my opinion. http://theracingline.net/2018/aco/lm...-mans-24-hour/[/QUOTE]

Very good read, well worth looking at if you have no already done so
Old 24 May 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3824440)   #462
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I don't entirely agree but it is quite well written. An article gives a bit more space to fully lay out your thoughts.
For the record (although you probably got it), I was poking fun at us not agreeing. Meant 100% in jest of course.
Old 24 May 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3824453)   #463
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Oh of course, just wanted to mention that it was well written in any case.
Old 25 May 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3824589)   #464
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dragonspeed will enter a LMP1
https://twitter.com/DragonSpeedLLC/s...45751815327750

Dallara have found the issue of the crash at Eau Rouge and it will be rectified
Old 25 May 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3824590)   #465
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's great news!
Old 25 May 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3824598)   #466
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

I respect your opinions, I don't agree with them 100% but that's fine. I wanted to add that ByKolles said they had an issue with the Nismo engine at Spa and it cost them a lot of on-track time in practice so they didn't get the setup dialed in all the way. So they were running compromised the entire way through qualifying and the race. If those issues don't arise again, I think they'll be one to keep a watch on because that Nissan engine is very powerful.

Also the Dallara LMP1 is going to be somewhat changed according to Jenson Button. We'll see if they have that highest top speed again. I'm betting it'll be between them and ByKolles. 355kmh+?
Old 25 May 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3824601)   #467
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I will say that I expected many not to agree with me....but! Although it's my site, the opinions expressed do not need to agree with me. So if anyone wants to write an opinion piece on it (or literally anything else) then you're free to have a word and we'll stick your stuff up too. Just throwing that out there if anyone wants!

TF110, totally agree about ByKolles. Could be silly fast. I did miss out about the car catching fire again (how are they so good at that?) and the comedy pit stop. That might counter the extra speed if they continue that practice!
Old 25 May 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3824606)   #468
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have a soft spot for the ByKolles car they have soldiered on and were the only non hybrid lmp1 car last year, so just for keeping faith i wish then luck.
Old 25 May 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3824608)   #469
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Dragonspeed will enter a LMP1
https://twitter.com/DragonSpeedLLC/s...45751815327750

Dallara have found the issue of the crash at Eau Rouge and it will be rectified
I know they won't be at the sharp end but still really happy to hear this news. I think we all feared the wheels had literally come off this effort.

It seemed improbable a few weeks ago but I really hope we get the full field of privateer P1s to the race.
Old 25 May 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3824621)   #470
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It seemed improbable a few weeks ago but I really hope we get the full field of privateer P1s to the race.
I think that's a given, now. The Dragonspeed announcement caught me quite by surprise, didn't see that coming. A very good day for LMP1 news!
Old 26 May 2018, 05:06 (Ref:3824686)   #471
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see Renger van der Zande at the wheel of the DragonSpeed car, he is very fast, and had lot of experience in long races. Let's see how the car works, at least we know that the engine works fine on the Rebellion car, and we know the BR1 was fast at Spa so....I wish for them a checkered flag at least.
Old 26 May 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3824806)   #472
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see DragonSpeed are making the effort. It hasn’t been easy for them, but it will be worth if they get anything out of the event
Old 27 May 2018, 19:34 (Ref:3825072)   #473
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I think that's a given, now. The Dragonspeed announcement caught me quite by surprise, didn't see that coming.
Really? To me it seemed ridiculous they were even considering not running.
Old 28 May 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3825148)   #474
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Really? To me it seemed ridiculous they were even considering not running.
is it ridiculous considering not running when you don't know why your car had crashed and you want answers first?
Old 28 May 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3825158)   #475
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's fair to say that they would have moved H&E to make sure they were there, but I agree Nobby, when you have an accident like that, it would be scandalously negligent not to find out the cause first.