Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jul 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3437339)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetertton 300 rounds 16,17,18 2014

in ten days time the BTCC will be back under way after a month gap and there was not too many repairs to make after last time out at Croft so i think there will be a full field of 31 cars heading towards Riches next weekend
Old 24 Jul 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3437391)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be there, but only for qualifying. I don't think the spectator experience lends itself all that well for race day viewing.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3437435)   #3
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I maintain a Motorbase 3 Series will be there, maybe that's the car Aunt Sally described, the mystery machine.

However, I am incredibly naive and stupid. So it probably won't be!
Old 24 Jul 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3437498)   #4
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't be the first 'secret' car they've rolled out after a summer break, obviously... Seems unlikely to my equally uneducated self, but then that's also what I'd have said about the NGTC Focus that appeared out of nowhere that time.

Rotek thinking about a second Audi S3, with a few interested drivers having a go at the test day at Snetterton. Sometimes I wonder if lower-end teams have a tendency to expand too quickly when they might be better off getting one car up to speed.

In other news, the summer break has gone by very quickly this year.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3437517)   #5
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
In other news, the summer break has gone by very quickly this year.
That's because it's shorter
Old 25 Jul 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3437809)   #6
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Rotek thinking about a second Audi S3, with a few interested drivers having a go at the test day at Snetterton. Sometimes I wonder if lower-end teams have a tendency to expand too quickly when they might be better off getting one car up to speed.
Alex MacDowell tested it at Pembrey today.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3437853)   #7
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
provided the funds are there, why would you not go with a second car? Having a second car doesn't slow the first one down, on the contrary, you get twice the opportunity to test stuff out and learn under race, practice and qualifying conditions.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3438022)   #8
TR.
Rookie

United Kingdom
TR. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension View Post
provided the funds are there, why would you not go with a second car? Having a second car doesn't slow the first one down, on the contrary, you get twice the opportunity to test stuff out and learn under race, practice and qualifying conditions.
Plus split your logistic, spares and other costs between two.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3438083)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR. View Post
Plus split your logistic, spares and other costs between two.
If the seat's going to MacDowell then he'll need a few more spare parts!

Last edited by Biscuits In A Red Bull; 26 Jul 2014 at 07:47.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 07:31 (Ref:3438092)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
All this talk about a second car is fine but it's not going to happen without another licence and where is that coming from? TOCA won't be issuing any more TBLs so that means buying or leasing from another team.

The story about this seems a little contradictory. "As long as we get some testing in, I think we should be able to progress and we will be better in the second half of the season", yet they aren't going to be able to do any meaningful development at Snetterton if they are bringing in a string of rookie drivers.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3438152)   #11
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
All this talk about a second car is fine but it's not going to happen without another licence and where is that coming from? TOCA won't be issuing any more TBLs so that means buying or leasing from another team.

The story about this seems a little contradictory. "As long as we get some testing in, I think we should be able to progress and we will be better in the second half of the season", yet they aren't going to be able to do any meaningful development at Snetterton if they are bringing in a string of rookie drivers.
Would there be the opportunity for a temporary license? The reason they want spare ones is so if a big team/manufacture wants in, there's room on the grid. But if Gow knows that no-one else wants the last licence, could Rotek not get it on a temporary basis, just for the remainder of the season?

I dont know what their thinking is behind it or any other details so its pure speculation. I can also not see the point in them building an extra car if they cant run it.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3438183)   #12
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and regarding buying one from an existing team the only candidates I can think of who would have budget issues for next season

- Simon Belcher
- one Welsh entry
- perhaps BTC Racing...
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3438186)   #13
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsCarsCars View Post
Would there be the opportunity for a temporary license? The reason they want spare ones is so if a big team/manufacture wants in, there's room on the grid. But if Gow knows that no-one else wants the last licence, could Rotek not get it on a temporary basis, just for the remainder of the season?
I'm pretty sure that if Rotek had a car built and sitting there, a Gow wouldn't let a licence get in the way of putting that car on track. They appear to be a well financed outfit and his main concern was the hand to mouth brigade.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3438188)   #14
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
I maintain a Motorbase 3 Series will be there, maybe that's the car Aunt Sally described, the mystery machine.

However, I am incredibly naive and stupid. So it probably won't be!
I'd love to see a 3 series out, but didn't WSR decide against using this model in NGTC form due to its size ? Not sure why Dave Bartrum would have a different opinion on that to Dick Bennetts ?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3438271)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and regarding buying one from an existing team the only candidates I can think of who would have budget issues for next season
I'm glad someone understood the implications. Rotek running a second car only happens if we lose one from somewhere else.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3438272)   #16
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no reason that Rotek couldn't make use of the 32nd TBL that TOCA held back at the start of the reason, on a temporary basis or otherwise.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3438273)   #17
davyboy
Veteran

Snetertton ? Lokos liek somenoe hsa lysdexia Maeby a mdo cna fxi ?
Old 26 Jul 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3438274)   #18
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
There's no reason that Rotek couldn't make use of the 32nd TBL that TOCA held back at the start of the reason, on a temporary basis or otherwise.
Fairly sure that's what would happen. Gow doesn't want to turn away a strong entrant... one or two of the others look shakier than Rotek and may not be back next year.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3439023)   #19
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I'd love to see a 3 series out, but didn't WSR decide against using this model in NGTC form due to its size ? Not sure why Dave Bartrum would have a different opinion on that to Dick Bennetts ?
Yes neither do I but it is "From the horse's mouth", that they are looking to build one and have a shell. For 2015 admittedly... Things can change though.

That reminds me of an interesting point, I do not want to plunge back in to RWD and FWD arguments but in Autosport's analysis I think Oly Collins of Motorbase was saying that they had argued over the winter for the RWD cars to have further restrictions.

Seems bizarre, if Motorbase were looking at the project at the time, to be making such comments. I wonder if they are still doing so, behind the scenes, arguing for it. Just seems counterproductive.

Anyway, 32nd TBL. I do not believe Rotek have built a second car. I think Mr Macdowall was testing the one that presently exists. And Gow was fairly resolute on the issue of that TBL.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3439173)   #20
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be interesting of Jordan will keep his 10 grid places penalty

Gio starting from the back, I guess, FP1, FP 2 and qualy will be used as test sessions for racing setup
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:39 (Ref:3439179)   #21
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily for AJ, you can overtake around Snetterton, unlike Oulton.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3439686)   #22
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goff and Scott are switching to VWs from this weekend. That'll mean no Vauxhalls on the grid since...??
Old 29 Jul 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3439694)   #23
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
Goff and Scott are switching to VWs from this weekend. That'll mean no Vauxhalls on the grid since...??
Crikey, probably 1957
Old 29 Jul 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3439696)   #24
Madd_Dogg88
Racer

Madd_Dogg88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's actually quite a sad thought!
Old 29 Jul 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3439714)   #25
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Crikey, probably 1957
Can't remember if it was the final round of 88 there were no Vauxhalls, memory isn't as good as it use to be.

Shame, but it would be interesting to know if BMR thing the Vauxhalls could be developed more? Would they be a better choice to some other teams on the grid, Goff has been doing ok in 'Phoenix' but if it's developed up as well as it can be (not sure it ever truly has been)!

Could use them as 'guest cars' for some of the races